A & E

Latchford Locks

For me, it's not a "me" argument, but a broad issue of fairness and organisational efficiency. I could say that the scheme should have been dispensed via GPs; but given their shameful performance throughout, that may not be the best option.  The basis for distribution was based on age and risk, and by and large that's been sound.   However, there are cases of queue jumping, which I view as corruption; and we've got the issue of vax refusals largely in ethnic groups.    😷 

Well I’m only glad that you’re not in charge of organising the vaccine roll out Obs because you seem more concerned about fairness and looking for cheating rather than all hands to the pumps to get the job done quickly. Nothing in life is perfect but the fact that we’re well ahead of most other countries should tell you we’re doing things right. I normally tell people to put a bit more water in their drinks when they talk nonsense but in your case a bit more whiskey is my advice and make sure it’s as Asp recommends, more than half full. 😊

Bill 😊

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Classic!

The wife got the results back from the biopsy the other week and now already has an appointment for another pre-op session with the main operation expected in the next two to three weeks. This sort of thing seems to be at odds with everything we're being told by the media.

Bill :) 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been at Halton again this morning which seems to be the one they’ve kept all covid cases away from. It doesn’t seem busy inside, but they must be doing something as despite the no visiting rules, there wasn’t a single parking space.

Bill 😊

Thanks for the best wishes.

The good news is that I’ve just had a call from the wife, and she tells me the surgeons say the operation was 100% successful. Fingers crossed we’ll soon be able to get back to living a bit more of normal life.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Thanks for the best wishes.

The good news is that I’ve just had a call from the wife, and she tells me the surgeons say the operation was 100% successful. Fingers crossed we’ll soon be able to get back to living a bit more of normal life.

Bill 😊

That is very good news thanks for letting us know.

I tend to wash the dishes straight away once used and before any food has had a chance to dry solid needing a hammer and chisel to get off.

The only time that doesn't happen is if i have cooked a casserole. I leave the casserole dish soaking whilst i eat and then clean it.

Was the way i was dragged up...:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Anybody else think that charging to watch TV while in hospital is a bit of a rip off at nearly £10 a day. I’m sure I could do without it but for others it probably brings some comfort and eases the boredom of a long stay. Mrs Green forgot to pack her purse but even though she’s a bit of a telly addict I doubt she’d agree to paying that sort of money.

Bill 😊

Can she not get the programs on a tablet or her phone. As far as i know hospitals have free wifi connection,

What gets me about it is the fact that it is not pay per view. so if you get a 24 hour ticket you lose whatever time you cannot watch due to sleep, visitors (if allowed) or doctors consultations and the like. works out at about five hours of viewing on average for every twenty four you pay for.

I know when my mother was a regular visitor to the hospital i watched the tv more than she did due to her either nodding off or being zonked out on medication.