A & E

Latchford Locks

5 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Sat here wracking my brains to try and work out under what convoluted set of circumstances it would be even remotely possible to end up accidentally falling so that a large calibre bullet could end up lodged where it was.

I don't think even Heath Robinson could explain it.

I do wonder though what the operator at the bomb squad HQ said when told . "They have a what stuck where?"

I bet the bomb disposal took some convincing it wasn't a wind up 🤔

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't know how the Doctors and Nurses cope with the numbers of people coming to the dept. At this moment in time there are 48 people just waiting to be seen let alone those actually being treated , no wonder there is talk of burn out amongst staff under such pressure . Maybe a little bit more thought on the side of patients would help asking themselves is this visit an actual acute Accident or an Emergency or could I have gone to the Widnes or Runcorn centres where they would have a much shorter wait and would be helping the Warrington staff to cope with the real A&E cases of Stroke/Heart attack/ Road accidents etc etc. Even a phone call to NHS 111  or their own GP Surgery ?

Emergency Department and Urgent Care Centre Waiting Times

Department Longest waiting time to be seen by a Doctor / Nurse Number of patients waiting to be seen by Doctor or Nurse Total Number of Patients in the Department
Runcorn Urgent Care Centre 40  minutes 7 14
Warrington Hospital Emergency Department 3 hours 0 minutes 48 84

if they have called 111 they may have been told to go to A&E after going through the "are you dying" checklist.

With a lot of GP's manning the covid jab stations then calling your GP may just get you a "call 111" message which may then get you a "call your GP" message and round and round you go until you either go to A&E out desperation or die of either whatever it was you were calling about or sheer frustration and old age.

I've only used NHS 111 on two accasions and found them helpful and they sorted the problem both times .

So it is an option that I would use again but how I wish we could go back to the days of just rolling up at your doctors surgery and being seen by the doc' there and then(after a wait of course)

At the Latchford surgery in 1950's Dr O'Keefe and Smiddy saw everyone who turned up at the surgery and then were on call call for 24 hours a day. Now thats dedication 👍

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2022 at 2:44 PM, Evil Sid said:

"call your GP" message and round and round you go until you either go to A&E out desperation or die of either whatever it was you were calling about or sheer frustration and old age.

Sheer  frustration guaranteed !! 

Old Age only if if you are very very lucky 😳