A & E

Latchford Locks

She’s not that great with the technology Sid and quite often gets confused even just using it as a phone. I think she gets embarrassed about it and won’t ask anyone for help so she spent all week in there with no internet connection because she wouldn’t ask any of the nurses to enter the Wi-Fi password. Even when the battery went flat she wouldn’t ask them to find a charger for her so we were completely out of touch for the last day.

Ah well she’s playing catch up now with all here soaps that I recorded for her so no telly for me for a while.

Bill 😊

I'll get the wife to come on and explain it all to you. 

One of her favourite tales is telling everyone about the time in Wetherspoons when I went to the bar for a drink while the others on the table ordered their drinks from their phone.

They may have got their beers quicker than me but they didn’t get to chat up the barmaid for a date. 😊

Not all smart phones are quite so smart.

Bill 😊

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2021 at 1:05 PM, Latchford Locks said:

Who incidentaly will be closing my local surgery today at 6.30pm until next Tuesday morning , so another 4 days of overloading at our local A&E totally unacceptable in this day and age.a&c overcrowding cartoon

Well yet another excuse has been found not to offer a service.

Apparently my surgery is closed today for .......... Staff Training !!........... why on a normal weekday and also just before a bank holiday weekend it is farcial.

On the surgery website it says contact out of hours services today if you are sick ... more queues at A&E 

I just despair.

The NHS have done a wonderful job during this crisis but it's a shame certain GP surgeries have not also stepped up to the mark.

Instead of using it as an excuse to avoid patients

• Upvote 1

given the length of time spent on the phone to them, usually waiting for a reply and listening to some tinny muzak i am surprised that no bright spark has not added a playlist that you can select to the list of buttons to press.

"press 1 for classical music,press 2 for 60's nostalgia etc.........🎶

4 hours ago, Observer II said:

Managed to get through to my GP the other day, and was phoned back by the practise Nurse;  who listened to my own thoughts on the problem and ordered medicine accordingly - just hope it works.    😷

My surgery won't allow phone calls about sickness / ill health.

You have to use the e-consult app ,, no if's but's or maybe's. consultations / conversations are online only.

God help anyone who doesn't own a pc.Like I imagine a lot of pensioners are included.

• Upvote 1

GPs are beginning to step back from the Covid vaccination programme due to rising pressures and the need to switch focus to local patients requiring care.

Doctors have warned that England’s primary care system is in danger of being overwhelmed in the aftermath of three lockdowns, with surgeries facing a huge backlog of demand from sick people who avoided using health services during these periods. The shift to digital consultations has also placed greater strain on services, GPs say.

Confronted with these pressures, many primary care networks (PCNs) made the decision in March to opt out of phase two of the national vaccination programme, which aims to immunise all people under 50, with mass centres and pharmacies taking on the main burden of this responsibility.

Well this is news to me as my surgery never even started vaccinating it's patients.😏

Anyway it doesn't really have much effect as the NHS vaccination service have done an exemplary job on their own without our GP's.

I heard today some NHS bigwig warning that NHS bed occupancy was up to 97%. What level of bed occupancy do they regard as ideal? 0% probably, so they can carry on making their TicTocs. Hospital beds are there to be used, and the reason they are being used is because the NHS is trying to catch up on the backlog of patients it allowed to build up during its year or so long rebranding as the CHS.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, asperity said:

I heard today some NHS bigwig warning that NHS bed occupancy was up to 97%. What level of bed occupancy do they regard as ideal? 0% probably, so they can carry on making their TicTocs. Hospital beds are there to be used, and the reason they are being used is because the NHS is trying to catch up on the backlog of patients it allowed to build up during its year or so long rebranding as the CHS.

A bit harsh that asp.

They have worked their tripes off during this pandemic.

If my GP put half the effort into his surgery my (and other patients) lives would be much easier and comfortable.

Some people in the NHS have worked very hard during the course of this illness, this can't be denied. A large number have taken an extended, well paid, holiday. My argument is that hospitals aren't there as a storage place for empty beds in empty wards, and to complain that hospital beds are being occupied seems very peculiar.

On 5/31/2021 at 2:35 PM, Latchford Locks said:

If my GP put half the effort into his surgery my (and other patients) lives would be much easier and comfortable.

I got this message from someone I know in US. 

That is one lucky thing about the US. Doctors have continued to see patients throughout covid, as they don't make any money otherwise. A lot of precautions have been taken, however. If a doctor gets a salary, now matter what, they can get lazy and this can cause patients a lot of suffering and cause illnesses to be missed.

Never a truer word said 

To be fair Latchy, we didn’t have a single case of Covid until a month after the elections so whoever did say it can’t really be criticized for not knowing how things would work out. I’ve got a growing list of minor ailments that I’m holding off until things get a bit easier.

😊

On 6/12/2021 at 5:50 PM, Bill said:

To be fair Latchy, we didn’t have a single case of Covid until a month after the elections so whoever did say it can’t really be criticized for not knowing how things would work out. I’ve got a growing list of minor ailments that I’m holding off until things get a bit easier.

😊

Was it Jeremy Hunt ? That rings a bell

14 minutes ago, Latchford Locks said:

Was it Jeremy Hunt ? That rings a bell

Beg to differ Bill these promises alone were well before covid struck

There again if May or Cameron ever need a GP they would go private 24/7 so easy to go back on promise

I suppose

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29415929 David Cameron

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-seven-day. Theresa May