A & E

Latchford Locks

44 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Seems our Hospitals are filling up again.    😷  Little wonder when Gov expediency is allowing over 2,500 foreign VIPs into the UK, without quarantine requirements, in order to attend the football finals.  😷

I also question the sudden relaxing of crowd limits in football.

• 2 months later...

UK doctors are the third highest paid globally, according to Medscape's latest online international earnings survey comparison report.

US doctors were highest paid on average at £231,000 a year, followed by German physicians at £133,000. The UK average was £101,000.

The lowest paid doctors among our global editions were in Mexico at £8781.

About time they started earning it !

On 8/24/2021 at 5:05 PM, Observer II said:

That's thanks to Andy Burnham - with a one sided deal for GPs - more money and less hours.    😠

And  it seems that ear wax removal is no longer available at GP surgeries wonderful .. now it will cost me £60 to get it fixed this and the withdrawal of surgery blood tests !!!! What next ? It seems beyond comprehension that these are no longer available  so it's a private bill for my ear and drive to hospital for a test and a nightmare queue as everyone is in the same boat so all gp surgery patients have to be in one place for their test. 🙄

6 hours ago, Latchford Locks said:

And  it seems that ear wax removal is no longer available at GP surgeries wonderful .. now it will cost me £60 to get it fixed this and the withdrawal of surgery blood tests !!!! What next ? It seems beyond comprehension that these are no longer available  so it's a private bill for my ear and drive to hospital for a test and a nightmare queue as everyone is in the same boat so all gp surgery patients have to be in one place for their test. 🙄

The tests aren't being withdrawn at all but there is a national shortage of phials to draw the blood into because of some shortage in manufacturing. Since everyone faces the same shortage in making them there isn't a ready alternative supply.

As for ears they withdrew that ages ago saying that the over the counter kits were just as good. 

15 hours ago, Confused52 said:

The tests aren't being withdrawn at all but there is a national shortage of phials to draw the blood into because of some shortage in manufacturing. Since everyone faces the same shortage in making them there isn't a ready alternative supply.

As for ears they withdrew that ages ago saying that the over the counter kits were just as good. 

I am aware of the phail shortage that has nothing to do with what I said.

I stated blood tests are not done in the surgery now but at the Hospital

I took the wife for a blood test last week at the Orford Park place. She was out again before I found a parking spot. It seems infinitely more organised these days due to trying to keep the numbers down so no more take a ticket and wait an hour or so. That’s how it should be.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

I took the wife for a blood test last week at the Orford Park place. She was out again before I found a parking spot. It seems infinitely more organised these days due to trying to keep the numbers down so no more take a ticket and wait an hour or so. That’s how it should be.

Bill 😊

Yes I have been a few times never longer than 10 mins

1 hour ago, Latchford Locks said:

I am aware of the phail shortage that has nothing to do with what I said.

I stated blood tests are not done in the surgery now but at the Hospital

So that I can understand properly, have they they just stopped doing blood tests at surgeries because making you go to the hospital is how they are implementing rationing or is it some other form of bloody-mindedness?

15 minutes ago, Confused52 said:

So that I can understand properly, have they they just stopped doing blood tests at surgeries because making you go to the hospital is how they are implementing rationing or is it some other form of bloody-mindedness?

Just stopped doing surgery tests no real explanation😳

I think there is some logic in doing blood tests at a central location rather than at each doctor’s surgery although it might not be quite as convenient. A junior nurse can just as easily take a blood sample and doing it at a central location removes the need for them to be gathered from all the surgeries. Plus, when it’s done this way, you’re in and out in a couple of minutes rather than sitting around a surgery waiting room breathing other people’s germs.

Bill 😊

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think there is some logic in doing blood tests at a central location rather than at each doctor’s surgery although it might not be quite as convenient. A junior nurse can just as easily take a blood sample and doing it at a central location removes the need for them to be gathered from all the surgeries. Plus, when it’s done this way, you’re in and out in a couple of minutes rather than sitting around a surgery waiting room breathing other people’s germs.

Bill 😊

Beg to differ Bill

When you are in with the doctor and he decides you need a blood test once it was just nip into the nurse next door and get done.

All in one visit.

Now it's another journey from surgery to Hospital which for some pensioners without a car is a big job get 2 buses each way is 4 journeys waiting for the bus and in winter can't do them much good stood in the cold and sometimes rain .. and needless stress if they feel poorly(usually the reason for visiting Dr)

• Upvote 1

Of course, you need to see a doctor in the first place for him to know whether you need a regular blood test or not. My wife has had several over the last year all without seeing the doctor and the results are relayed by phone or by text. Sure it’s not as convenient as the local surgery but I think they’re trying to keep people away because of the virus.

It’s much the same with blood pressure tests that used to be done at the surgery whereas now you do it yourself at home with the machine that they lend you for the week. The results from doing it this way are far more accurate being the average of fourteen individual tests and the doctor wouldn’t have the time to do that.

Bill 😊

46 minutes ago, Latchford Locks said:

Beg to differ Bill

When you are in with the doctor and he decides you need a blood test once it was just nip into the nurse next door and get done.

All in one visit.

Now it's another journey from surgery to to Hospital which for some pensioners without a car is a big job get 2 buses each way is 4 journeys waiting for the bus and in winter can't do them much good stood in the cold and sometimes rain .. and needless stress if they feel poorly(usually the reason for visiting Dr)

It appears that the decision is a national NHS wide one:

https://www.cas.mhra.gov.uk/ViewandAcknowledgment/ViewAttachment.aspx?Attachment_id=103828

It says:

"Primary Care and community care

All primary care and community testing must be halted until 17 September 2021, except for clinically urgent testing. Examples of clinically urgent testing include:

• Bloods that are required to facilitate a two week wait referral

• Bloods that are extremely overdue and/or essential for safe prescribing of medication or monitoring of condition

• Bloods that if taken could avoid a hospital admission or prevent an onward referral

• Those with suspected sepsis or conditions with a risk of death or disability

We appreciate that this temporary position is frustrating for patients and services alike. ... "

It remains to be seen whether things will revert to normal after 17th September! I think you should have been told the reasons and that it was temporary.

The letter from the NHS goes on to say that hospital use must be reduced by 25% as well so sending you for an urgent test at the hospital suggests that Warrington CCG have chosen to implement their own form of rationing and bloody-mindedness combined. It says nothing on their website or twitter.

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, Latchford Locks said:

Yes via NHS 111 ... good idea , may cut out the time wasters with ingrowing toenails.

The gp e-consult triage system for doc's appointments seems to to do that at local practice level..

Department Longest waiting time to be seen by a Doctor / Nurse Number of patients waiting to be seen by Doctor or Nurse Total Number of Patients in the Department
Runcorn Urgent Care Centre 59 minutes 9 17
Warrington Hospital Emergency Department Over 4 hours 48 105

I know I've said it before but surely somebody will wake up eventually; and organise a mini bus to Halton for the ingrowing toe nail brigade that inundate A&E places where they have no real reason being there in the first place.

20 hours ago, Observer II said:

When you get guys turning up with a large calibre bullet in their rectum, you have to wonder why A&E deal with such head bangers. 

They should have put him outside surrounded by sandbags and waited for the bomb squad to make it safe or use a controlled detonation. That would have rectum.......💥

Sat here wracking my brains to try and work out under what convoluted set of circumstances it would be even remotely possible to end up accidentally falling so that a large calibre bullet could end up lodged where it was.

I don't think even Heath Robinson could explain it.

I do wonder though what the operator at the bomb squad HQ said when told . "They have a what stuck where?"