A & E

Latchford Locks

On 10/30/2020 at 2:37 PM, Observer II said:

Had my flu jab in the Chemist shop - sorted.   GPs need a salary cut for not performing through this pandemic.    😷

They seem to be bullet proof as far as criticism or accountability is concerned.

Remember the days when you phoned them up personally at the surgery

Now that only happens on cosy tv soaps.

Real life is very different.

See the source image

• Haha 1

I hear all these stories but Mrs Green and myself have both had quite good service despite everything that’s going on. We’ve not actually seen a doctor, but the e-consult seemed easy enough and they’ve been good at writing and ringing us to arrange multiple hospital appointments, plus our jabs were simple and on time. It was the same with our dentist, I had an issue just before Christmas but got in the following day no problem.

Odd how it’s good for some and not others. Maybe try clapping a bit harder next time. :)

Bill 😊

Mrs Green got a call Friday afternoon to get a pre op covid test done at Halton on Saturday because a slot for her treatment had become available at 8am Monday. How’s that for speed.

And while I’m typing this, we’ve just had call confirming that the test was negative so that’s just 21 hours.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Mrs Green got a call Friday afternoon to get a pre op covid test done at Halton on Saturday 

Bill 😊

Why have to go all the way to Halton when there is a testing site near our new market.?

The same happened to me last month. and as I couldn't get to Runcorn due to no transport I lost the slot.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

😊

On 2/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, Bill said:

I thought it was a bit strange having to go to Halton for a test. I did ask them if I could get it done any nearer but they said hospital pre op tests have to be carried out by hospital staff. 

Bill :) 

Then have it at Warrington General

Seems a bit authoritarian the current policy.

Ah well all you can do is ask. In any case apart the driving distance, it was probably quicker going to Halton than trying to find a parking place at Warrington. We were back home in under an hour at Halton while this morning I gave up after 30 minutes trying to find a space at Warrington and ended up street parking about half a mile from the hospital.

Bill 😊

Warrington jab post was empty when I passed it the other day.    😷    Sounds to me like folk are being sent all over the place, as there seems to be some duplication in the system - left hand, right hand etc.  It doesn't seem to have a geographical basis; EG post code = jab centre.  :rolleyes:    😷

16 hours ago, Observer II said:

Warrington jab post was empty when I passed it the other day.    😷    Sounds to me like folk are being sent all over the place, as there seems to be some duplication in the system - left hand, right hand etc.  It doesn't seem to have a geographical basis; EG post code = jab centre.  :rolleyes:    😷

When I arranged my jab online, that's exactly how it was organised. I put in my Postcode and was given the choice of half a dozen places I could use.

When the vaccines got approved, I remember writing on Facebook that I hope they don’t try doing the vaccinations at the hospital due to the poor parking. As usual on Facebook, I got bombarded with comments about being stupid enough to even think they might do this, but that’s just some people for you.

I can accept the fact that the Pfizer vaccine is easier to store at the hospital but the effort to transfer it to places like the football stadium or Orford Park is nothing compared to the total amount of time wasted by hundreds of people aimlessly driving around the hospital looking for non-existent parking places.

I’m fortunate enough to not be too worried about having to travel but given that most will use a car to go and get vaccinated, it makes sense that given the choice, you avoid the hospital.

Bill 😊

It was the other way around for me. I got a call from the surgery, had the jab the following morning and received a letter from the NHS the day after. Better this way than relying on one single source that could be delayed for whatever reason.

Bill :)

• Upvote 2