Corona Virus

Gary

First case reported in Bury - I suspect only a matter of time before it arrives in Warrington if not already here!

While it is frightening it is having a big impactyon tackling the world's pollution problem in china apparently, with reports that the pollution has completely gone within a matter of a few weeks.

Makes one wonder!

• Haha 1

I think it depends on how you interpret the phrase.

it could mean it as you read it as being the world's problem. or it could be read as meaning the pollution of the world.

It all depends on how your mind works.

There was a report that a head teacher from a Nortwhich school is being tested at the warrington corona virus hub in warrington hospital a few days ago. Did not say if he had the virus just that he was being tested for it.

Only read what was in warrington guardian and that was because of the sensationalist headline they tend to use.

I do have to wonder who proof reads their stuff, if anybody.

headlines that tend to contradict the actual story they relate to or have different "facts".

Unlike this website.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:32 PM, asperity said:

How is pollution in China the world's problem? Just asking for guidance oh wise one 😉.

The pollution problem belongs to the whole world (as in we all need to do our bit) but china is one of the biggest causes of it. Is that helpful enough for you old wise one ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gary said:

The pollution problem belongs to the whole world (as in we all need to do our bit) but china is one of the biggest causes of it. Is that helpful enough for you old wise one ;)

With respect - utter nonsense, unless you have an idea of how we in Warrington can solve China's pollution problems with anything other than empty words.

7 hours ago, Observer II said:

Polluters share their emissions with the whole world - whether it's carbon, coronavirus, or plastics.     

As I said to Gary - utter nonsense. Carbon isn't pollution, viruses aren't pollution they are living organisms. Plastics are only polluting when we dispose of them irresponsibly.

• Upvote 1

FYI Bill, talked with my tour company out of London (Rhine Cruise) and they say that barring 100% Government no travel regulation, they intend to operate as normal.  I'm betting that unless you are visiting a 3rd world location, we should be ok - surviving is another matter ! Just joking.

FYI.   There has been about a 100 virus cases in the US and 10 deaths.  Not a lot out of 330,000,000.  However, all of the deaths were very old people with existing severe medical conditions, in fact they were all in a single nursing home in Seattle.  As the forum consists of young, virile, fit guys, y'all should be ok.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

As the forum consists of young, virile, fit guys, y'all should be ok.

I'm doomed.

Young, yes but only compared to Methuselah.

Virile, er (hold on while i look that one up in the dictionary) Ah got it "(of a man) having strength, energy, and a strong sex drive."   well one out of three ain't bad.

Fit, well I could say i was fit. sitting around the house all day relaxing then i am definitely fit enough for that.

who am i kidding I'm doomed....🤧...🤒....🤭

I'm betting that unless you are visiting a 3rd world location, we should be ok 

But the thing is it seems to be the more affluent countries where the spread of infection is the greatest and i think foreign travel has been the root cause. 

My wife told me that she saw something on telly yesterday about a school that despite everything was still planning to take kids on a school trip to northern Italy.

Bonkers!

Bill :) 

13 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

FYI.   There has been about a 100 virus cases in the US and 10 deaths.  Not a lot out of 330,000,000.  However, all of the deaths were very old people with existing severe medical conditions, in fact they were all in a single nursing home in Seattle.  As the forum consists of young, virile, fit guys, y'all should be ok.

Image result for old folks having a wild party funny images

It always seems to me that an aircraft is a place where all illnesses can be passed from person to person especially with the recirculated air. Does anyone know if there is a policy of disinfecting aircraft during turn rounds with this "crisis" ?

But easily controlled.   United Airlines said that unless the area to which you are flying is designated "No fly", then they are going there - no refunds.  So watch out folks, even if I have to spend two weeks sitting in Piccadilly Circus people watching, I'll be in London on June 2nd.

On a more somber note, have you ever considered the devastation worldwide (apart from my vacation) that would be in play if 3 months from now we are still banning travel?   I don't think that the worlds business can shut down for three months and survive - goodbye savings.

Lets take a step back, this is the flu !   Y'all in the UK should be saying "We don't care about no stinking flu!  Bring it on  it's just like summer!"    Unless you are on your deathbed or an absolute idiot, you are going to be just fine .  Don't forget, the people exciting you about this are the usual 2000 disaster and global warning guys, not known for minimizing the opportunty of a problem.   I've spent a good part of my teenage years between motorcycles and Warrington Infirmary, so I know what I'm talking about medically!

Anyway, I have a tee time in 15 minutes, my wife is waiting on the tee box and I have to get this cocktail refreshed.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

Lets take a step back, this is the flu !   Y'all in the UK should be saying "We don't care about no stinking flu!  Bring it on  it's just like summer!"    Unless you are on your deathbed or an absolute idiot, you are going to be just fine .  Don't forget, the people exciting you about this are the usual 2000 disaster and global warning guys, not known for minimizing the opportunity of a problem.

A breath of common sense at last :-)

get some inspirations from these inspirational life quotes; wisdom thoughts; #inspirationalquotes #latenightthoughts #relationshipquotes

• Upvote 1