Corona Virus

Gary

GPs surgeries are now closed Dave,  I had to post my prescription via the external letter box today.   If you want to see what worst case scenario looks like, just visit Italy or Spain; and we're apparently 4 weeks behind them.   If folk follow the Gov advice and apply social distancing, we may survive;  alas the lemmings will probably compromise our survival.

Penketh Health Centre is using a site called eConsult to handle medical enquiries online which is, to my mind, a sensible way of doing things. I certainly don't want to voluntarily go to a health centre or hospital and expose myself to an enhanced risk of contracting this virus. I used the online service this morning and received a rapid response.

1 hour ago, asperity said:

Penketh Health Centre is using a site called eConsult to handle medical enquiries online which is, to my mind, a sensible way of doing things. I certainly don't want to voluntarily go to a health centre or hospital and expose myself to an enhanced risk of contracting this virus. I used the online service this morning and received a rapid response.

Latchford had done this for weeks.

And well before the virus panic

Not shutting the blooming surgery !!!...

It's just a new way of dealing with practice patients instead  of on the phone

Nothing sinister just a more modern way of working 😉

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

closing schools and then opening childcare centres seems rather pointless. might as well keep the schools open but just for those who cannot get childcare., amounts to the same thing.

Well no it is not pointless, firstly older children don't need baby sitters, my 13 year old niece is in self isolation at the moment. In countries like Czech Rep lessons are on line, as for younger ones  if you take 15 children out of a class of 30 you have 15 less people who can get infected, then you can distance the remaining ones better

7 hours ago, Latchford Locks said:

Latchford had done this for weeks.

And well before the virus panic

Not shutting the blooming surgery !!!...

It's just a new way of dealing with practice patients instead  of on the phone

Nothing sinister just a more modern way of working 😉

Just change our practice because of eConsult, kept sending my mother to A + E, would be sat around for 3 to 5 hours before seeing a nurse in minors who would send us back to the GP.

Now every practice needs to use it!

11 hours ago, Davy51 said:

Well, i class myself  as a typical man in the street & i am now sick to the back teeth of the worst case scenarios being peddled across the news networks. No wonder we have panic buying & the way these purveyors of misery are carrying on we will soon be having  panic in society & rioting on the streets.

I think a good starting point for the NHS in this crisis though would be to stop the required targets for GPs set by Labour a few years ago & up the patient throughput in doctor's surgeries.

I kind of agree with you, today, well yesterday now, I got a email from my sister telling me  not to go shopping and my elderly mother refused to keep a appointment at the Wolves clinic!

However it also makes sense to me at least in the wake of a very infectious virus that is dangerous to some people to take steps  to minimize its spread,  like shutting down of sports events and schools, disinfecting of shopping trolleys, money and so on.

13 hours ago, Milky said:

I kind of agree with you, today, well yesterday now, I got a email from my sister telling me  not to go shopping and my elderly mother refused to keep a appointment at the Wolves clinic!

However it also makes sense to me at least in the wake of a very infectious virus that is dangerous to some people to take steps  to minimize its spread,  like shutting down of sports events and schools, disinfecting of shopping trolleys, money and so on.

Got a bleach spray for surfaces, which should do for the shopping trolleys;  but can't see it being practical for bank notes or coins !

3 hours ago, Davy51 said:

Perhaps there are more people in the UK with underlying issues ,some by lifestyle choices ,some by other illnesses brought on by the country's industrious & industrial demographic.

well that is even more worrying, don't you think so?

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

Just cancelled my dental and an X-ray appointment - clearly not safe places for a grumpie now, plus the less strain we place on the NHS, the better.

I would think if you need these things doing you should be doing them now before the virus really catches on

No Milky, the virus is out there, it doesn't give you a head start to sort things out , it's here now;  and if oldies don't observe spacial distancing they will get it and they will die.  One of my nephews, has had to go into lockdown with his wife (who's a nurse) and their two daughters; one daughter brought it back from Uni.  I assume if his wife knows or suspects she could have it, she will self isolate; but there are cases when folk don't even know they've got it; and if they are NHS staff, they'll be taking it into our Hospitals; I'm not sure whether the NHS is systematically testing their staff for contagion, which imo they should be doing.  Simply put, close contact by oldies with other people can prove lethal - so keep your distance.

Well the bowls league has been cancelled for the foreseeable future...😟

Will put a crimp on the weight watchers clubs not to mention the choir practice. wonder if you could hold a choir practice over skype?....🤔

Regards the adverts the one at the top of the page is for the top five dating sites and the one at the bottom is for women to become irresistible....🤣

As of 9am today there were 3 confirmed cases of the virus in Warrington. Thats 3 cases, not 3 deaths by the way, in a population in excess of 200,000 people. On average seasonal flu kills 47 people per day in England, so maybe people should stop panicking and the media should stop feeding the panic.

• Upvote 1