No Jab Lockdown

Bill

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

Most grumpies will be under a self imposed lockdown, at least those who wish to live a while longer.  Restrictions can operate like the accelerator of a car,  so depending on the circumstances, as advised by the science, they can vary according to conditions, but still require degrees of imposition.  Seems Mz Krankie has a better grip on things than Boris, who is now the prisoner of the Bolsonaro Brigade.  

Mz Krankie just wants to do things differently because she is an attention seeker. There is usually no logic other than Scotland is different, gimme Independence! It doesn't need to be true because the media doesn't hold her to account as being different from Boris is useful to push their agenda.

Well at least it’s good news that the quarantine period after infection has been reduced from 10 to 7 days providing a couple of lateral flow tests show negative. That should allow key workers to get back quicker which has to be a good thing.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

Well, the staff must treat them the same as those that have been vaccinated but if it were up to me, I’d make sure to remind them that others are dying of things like cancer because their stupid and selfish behaviour is using up NHS resources.

Bill 😊

It’s like bloomin Groundhog Day. Last year my son in law tested positive on Christmas morning which completely messed up our plans for the day and now my sons just rang to tell us that he’s tested positive this morning.

So it seems our Christmas won't be quite so merry again this year but we'll try to make the best of it. 

Bill

2 hours ago, Bill said:

It’s like bloomin Groundhog Day. Last year my son in law tested positive on Christmas morning which completely messed up our plans for the day and now my sons just rang to tell us that he’s tested positive this morning.

So it seems our Christmas won't be quite so merry again this year but we'll try to make the best of it. 

Bill

2 hours ago, Bill said:

and now my sons just rang to tell us that he’s tested positive this morning.  

Bill

Hope he feels better soon.

since the passing of both sets of parents it has just been me and mrs sid.

the only difference between a normal weekday being that the tv is worse than usual and I have a bit more cooking to do.

one problem i have at present is that my mulipoint heater has  thrown a wobbler so instead of hot water i get water just about warm enough to have a shower. plans are in hand to get it replaced with a boiler and radiator in the new year when they let me know which arm and leg they want........🦾...🦿.....:rolleyes:

Still happy hogswatch to all and sundry....🥳

Boxing day and now his partner has it as well and I suppose it won’t be long before all their kids have it. Still at least the symptoms are mild and they’re young enough to not be at quite as much risk as us oldies.

What I found most concerning though was their complete lack of understanding of the government advice on the matter. Like a lot of younger people, they never watch TV and especially the news and so rely on what they read on the internet of hear from others. That wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for the fact that they both refuse to believe anything the government or its crony medical experts say. So, when I said “well at least you only need to isolate for seven days now” I was told that I was completely wrong.

The young always know better than their parents, we were all guilty of that at some point but for sure they wont be seeing us now for at least seven days.

Bill 😊

On 12/24/2021 at 1:49 PM, Evil Sid said:

since the passing of both sets of parents it has just been me and mrs sid.

the only difference between a normal weekday being that the tv is worse than usual and I have a bit more cooking to do.

Still happy hogswatch to all and sundry....🥳

Yes it was abysmal tv all day .

I couldn't find a thing that was watchable,

Coronation St was always a highly popular choice but it seems (according to the ratings) the public disagreed this time,in fact both soaps fared badly,

BBC had the most viewings for their shows on December 25, securing eight out of the top 10 programmes broadcast, with ITV limping in at positions eight and nine in the poll. The following day, the public service broadcaster managed to bag seven out of the 10 most watched shows. 
 1. The Queen’s Christmas Broadcast, BBC One, 7.4million

2. Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special, BBC One, 5.8million

3. Call the Midwife, BBC One, 4.7million

4. Michael McIntyre’s Christmas Wheel, BBC One, 4.6million

5. Blankety Blank Christmas Special, BBC One, 4.2million

6. Mary Poppins Returns, BBC One, 3.7million

7. Superworm, BBC One, 3.34million

8. Coronation Street, ITV, 3.25million

9. Emmerdale, ITV, 3million

10. EastEnders, BBC One, 2.9million

much worse than in other years 😏

i never watched any of those shows.

Did watch the two ronnies unseen episodes from down under last night.

A bit dated but still had some funny bits that had me in stitches.

today is no better, slightly fewer carry on films though.

one film on later that i might record and may watch the dads army film again in a bit.

sure that the TV people think that any old tat will do for Christmas, especially this year with a captive audience due to covid..........pity they don't show the test card these days more interesting than what they are showing.

• Upvote 1

Bah Humbug! I’ve just been told the landlord of little pub I normally go to each Wednesday has caught it, so the place is closed for a week. For ages I only knew of a few people that had caught covid but this week it seems everyone’s catching it.

In any case, it’s Mrs Greens 70th tomorrow and we were planning to go for a Chinese with her family but given the situation, we thought it would be safer to make it a takeaway here. At least I can have a drink without worrying about the driving.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2021 at 1:19 PM, Latchford Locks said:

Yes it was abysmal tv all day .

I couldn't find a thing that was watchable,

Coronation St was always a highly popular choice but it seems (according to the ratings) the public disagreed this time,in fact both soaps fared badly,

BBC had the most viewings for their shows on December 25, securing eight out of the top 10 programmes broadcast, with ITV limping in at positions eight and nine in the poll. The following day, the public service broadcaster managed to bag seven out of the 10 most watched shows. 
 1. The Queen’s Christmas Broadcast, BBC One, 7.4million

2. Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special, BBC One, 5.8million

3. Call the Midwife, BBC One, 4.7million

4. Michael McIntyre’s Christmas Wheel, BBC One, 4.6million

5. Blankety Blank Christmas Special, BBC One, 4.2million

6. Mary Poppins Returns, BBC One, 3.7million

7. Superworm, BBC One, 3.34million

8. Coronation Street, ITV, 3.25million

9. Emmerdale, ITV, 3million

10. EastEnders, BBC One, 2.9million

much worse than in other years 😏

All greatly uninspiring . There was a time when we used to complain about repeats but nowadays channels showing end to end re-runs of "classic" programmes seem to be the most popular. How many times can i watch Top Gear specials on Dave , but they are better than the new Top Gear.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bill said:

In any case, it’s Mrs Greens 70th tomorrow and we were planning to go for a Chinese with her family but given the situation, we thought it would be safer to make it a takeaway here. At least I can have a drink without worrying about the driving.

Bill 😊

Wise decision. 

Have a good evening 👍