No Jab Lockdown

Bill

I think if they’re cleaver enough to do this sort of work they’d know it couldn’t possibly be used as a weapon without wiping half their own people out. Research in this field is always going to be risky and I reckon that the release was probably accidental.

Bill 😊

That's probably true Dave; I don't think the CCP worry too much about losses, as long as they win.   From a military point of view,  germ warfare has the advantage of not damaging property and of being extremely stealthy, the victim wouldn't know they'd been attacked for days or even weeks.   The downside, assuming the CCP were bothered would be the preparation to protect their own population prior to an attack, which could be spotted by their opponents.  I'm sure the rest of the world have similar programmes, in the UK Porton Down hold all our potential chemical and biological agents, and as we know the Russians have allegedly already used chemical agents on British soil.  💀

Researching germ weapons is something that countries do.

Their claim is that they are looking to negate the threat if such weapons are used against them.

It was claimed that one in every five babies born in the world was Chinese, don't think they would be too worried about their own casualties if that is true......🤔

4 hours ago, ninearches said:

Perhaps this will be a wake up call against bio weapons. Unless they can be targeted there is probably just as much chance of wiping out your own side as the opposition.

It doesn't really matter Virus  or Thermo Nuclear ... war is war and we are all dead so lets just hope no country is ever mad enough to kick off something where there will not be a winner just a deserted and empty dead planet.

• Upvote 1

Groundhog Xmas ?    Seems Boris and Co are so obsessed with the back to normal objective, that they seem to be repeating the mistakes of last Xmas, when nothing was done to restrict spread (especially at No 10) and following all those parties we had a surge in covid cases.   Now we've got a complex system in place for air travellers, who can be conned by cowboys into buying test kits or finish up paying £thousands on hotel quarantine.   Seems the best way to get back into the UK is by crossing the channel in a paddle boat !     :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, it looks as if some kind of lockdown will be introduced for Xmas, but will it be sufficient ?   Vaccine passports have been mentioned, but I fail to see how the vaccine stops you getting or spreading covid, yes, it reduces the severity, but not the spread. What does ensure spread is lots of people gathering indoors for whatever reason, so nightclubs etc should be closed imo; otherwise we'll be back again with a post Xmas surge.   😷

2 hours ago, ninearches said:

Or so we have been told.

Well we know that there two cases in the UK on the 20th Nov and given the doubling rates that are being measured here and in South Africa there would already be the number of detected symptomatic cases that we are actually seeing. It is just the effect of exponential growth with a doubling time of 2 to 3 days. This strain is rampant. It means that the amount of virus to infect someone is much lower than Delta so stand further away to reduce the amount you inhale. Try a 3 metre rule instead of 2. Yes we have been told scientific facts so please don't listen to the doubting goons on the TV news. This is not the time to play politics. Your booster clicks in properly at 2 weeks from the jab not 1 week. We do not know how effective it is yet, so take care.

• Upvote 1

We have already been double jabbed & boosted. Listening to some of the comments on tv tonight  though it came across to me that these new measures are precautionary at the moment because HMG & Sage can't really be sure if this Omicron is more dangerous as yet or may even turn out to be a damp squib.

The things they are asking for at the moment are just because the R is massively higher and with a larger number of cases there will be more people getting sick even if it is less dangerous as there will be more people infected by a large factor. The story from South Africa says it isn't a damp squib as more young folk are being hospitalised. That is why stopping the number of people that are infected is vital to get the time to triple jab more folks before they get potentially sick. If it is more dangerous they will need to do more and rolling out a new vaccine will take 9 months at least to start on the most vulnerable. They are quoting 102 days to get the first jab, how long to get a 100000 a day production in the UK is the problem. They can't be sure, it is true, but would you bet on it turning out alright if it were you? Obviously I think the answer is that I wouldn't.

• Upvote 1

If i manage to survive to my eighth booster jab do i get a free toaster?

According to the "experts" now that they have the "antidote" modifying it to take into account new variants is a relatively quick and easy process.

A bit like updating the antivirus on the computer it provide safety of a sorts against the known software viruses but is no good against new variations until it has been modified.

Or if you like a better analogy "Domestos, kills 100% of all known germs DEAD". the unknown ones it may or may not kill.

• Haha 1