No Jab Lockdown

Bill

Seems europe is struggling to sort out what to do.

Rising infection rates and riots over lockdowns and restrictions.

The worst we seem to get at present is climate protestors blocking the motorways and gluing themselves to the floor.

perhaps we should take leaf out of the french playbook and blockade the ports......🤭

It won't happen imo;  this Gov hasn't the will or the competance to assume totalitarian powers; and the anarchic tendencies of the young would amount to mass civil disobedience; assuming the Police etc were prepared to comply.    Over the past 12 months we've allowed over 20,000 illegals to enter the UK,  most without any ID, having travelled through Countries of high covid levels;   so how can any suggestion of national health security be taken seriously.    😷

A valid observation but let’s leave illegal immigration out of this one and focus on what could be done here if it gets as bad as it has on the continent. The NHS health workers are already on notice for compulsory vaccination and if it does start to get bad here, I can foresee similar things happening in other areas where face to face contact is unavoidable.

Seems we’re content to see the numbers hovering around where they are now but it’s not a great situation to be in where so many are dying unnecessarily each week. A doctor on TV this morning was recommending a return to mask wearing. He said it could help significantly without it being too much of an inconvenience to the public, but I suppose even something as minor as this is too much for some.

Bill 😊

It won't happen imo;  this Gov hasn't the will or the competance to assume totalitarian powers; and the anarchic tendencies of the young would amount to mass civil disobedience; assuming the Police etc were prepared to comply.    Over the past 12 months we've allowed over 20,000 illegals to enter the UK,  most without any ID, having travelled through Countries of high covid levels;   so how can any suggestion of national health security be taken seriously.    😷

Just how can people entering the Country be dismissed from the equation Bill ?    Covid is now rife throughout the EU, these people are travelling through the EU, thus liable to bring it into the UK.   Listening to varous politicians and pundits on TV, I get the impression that they've given up  and are now prepared to accept a level of contagion and death in order to keep the economy going.   One "expert" has said covid will be around for the next 10 years, so fatalism seems to be the order of the day.   😷

• Like 1

Just trying to keep things on track Obs.

Another idea could be to give each person that’s fully vaccinated a badge to show they’ve been done, and this would allow us to give a none badge wearer a slightly wider berth.  

The antivaxxers can’t complain about this as we’re not asking them to wear a badge or do anything so there’d be no legal issues. Nobodies forcing them to do anything they don’t want to, but seeing people move away from them would be embarrassing enough to make them think again.

People are the problem but with this idea, people can be part of the the solution. Take enough small steps like this and we could make things slightly better while at the same time avoiding the damaging protests and riots we see on the continent.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bill said:

Another idea could be to give each person that’s fully vaccinated a badge to show they’ve been done, and this would allow us to give a none badge wearer a slightly wider berth.  

The antivaxxers can’t complain about this as we’re not asking them to wear a badge or do anything so there’d be no legal issues. 

Bill 😊

It sounds like a great idea and so because of that it will fail as do most sensible ideas .

And doesn't cost an arm and a leg like those error ridden apps that keep being foisted upon us.

Well at least wearing a mask is an indication that you’re concerned about the spread of covid and that you’re likely to have had all the vaccinations. It’s effectively like the badge I was on about but in places like a pubs and restaurants, people don’t wear masks at all these days so there’s no way to tell if the group you’re near are safe people or a group of deniers.

If we knew the status of the people around us it’d be far easier to stay safe, otherwise people like us are forced to stay away from places that in the past were part of our normal life. We don’t protest or riot about this, maybe we should. 😊

Bill 😊

The last I heard it was someone took it to Hong Kong, got put into a quarantine hotel but managed to pass it on to the bloke across the corridor.

I could be wrong given as Belgium sounds almost the same as Hong Kong especially after a couple of whiskies 😉

Bill 😊

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t worry too much about all this because we knew from the outset there’d be lots of mutations but at least now we have some experience and measures in place to minimize the effects and it’s spread. Delta is still the greatest threat and by the time his new one overtakes it, hopefully we will have found better ways to deal with it.

It's scary to imagine the impact that this virus would have had on the population if it had happened a few decades earlier. There’d be no covidiots about, they’d all be dead along with millions of others. Maybe this is how nature and evolution go hand in hand.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

When this was on the news yesterday morning at first I was worried ;

But then the more I thought about it the less concerned I've become.

Firstly as nobody understands it yet why worry yourself by listening to scaremongers

Secondly I think I take enough precautions to (with a little bit of luck) keep mostly safe 

and thirdly  we should  just say "Que Sera Sra" and get on with life.

And lastly

Vaccine manufacturers have expressed confidence that they will be able to rapidly adapt their jabs if the Omicron variant spreads.

If this is the case, Pfizer and BioNTech expects "to be able to develop and produce a tailor-made vaccine against that variant in approximately 100 days, subject to regulatory approval".

• Upvote 1

I’ve been thinking about this new variant and was wondering if it could be a blessing in disguise.

If it’s set to become the dominant strain, does that mean it replaces Delta or is it in addition to??  If it replaces Delta, spreads quicker and only has light symptoms, then surely that must be a good thing. We could just let it rip and build immunity far quicker than by vaccinating the whole population and there’d be no issues with antivaxxers.

I don’t know enough about this and there's a lot of ifs, but it’s an interesting thought.

Bill 😊

I would think that the more the virus is in circulation,  the more chances it will mutate, thus variants will occur all the time.   I've just been following a news report on Youtube; which has examined the cause of the outbreak, since covered up by the CCP and WHO.   The research at the Wuhan Lab involved the collection of bat viruses, which normally wouldn't transmit to humans.  The lab allegedly altered the virus so it would be able to infect human hosts; thus the Chinese were deliberately weaponising it as a germ warfare agent.   Whilst the release of the virus was probably accidental, given the deaths caused to the chinese population;  the intention to create a bio-weapon is clear.  Western Governments appear reluctant to call out the Chinese on this, probably as they are all doing the same thing.    😷   💀

2 hours ago, Observer II said:

I would think that the more the virus is in circulation,  the more chances it will mutate, thus variants will occur all the time.   I've just been following a news report on Youtube; which has examined the cause of the outbreak, since covered up by the CCP and WHO.   The research at the Wuhan Lab involved the collection of bat viruses, which normally wouldn't transmit to humans.  The lab allegedly altered the virus so it would be able to infect human hosts; thus the Chinese were deliberately weaponising it as a germ warfare agent.   Whilst the release of the virus was probably accidental, given the deaths caused to the chinese population;  the intention to create a bio-weapon is clear.  Western Governments appear reluctant to call out the Chinese on this, probably as they are all doing the same thing.    😷   💀

You Tube is not reliable see another view NIH admits Fauci lied about funding Wuhan gain-of-function experiments | Washington Examiner

Probably not a weapon.  Oh and see this too Coronavirus: Was US money used to fund risky research in China? - BBC News