Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

tara_dad

Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

2. 2. should we have a public inquiry into all not just savile

I honestly believe this topic is becoming a 'tad' tedious, attempting to pile retribution on Savile is like trying to knit fog, 'it ain't going to happen' all descent folk feel reviled by what he has done but as obs stated perhaps we should wait and see what other low specimens of life crawl out of the cesspit and leave it to the due process of law to decide the outcome if and when it happens!.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

my feed back on Sir Rogers story in todays press

so why did he not report anything there and then so they could be checked i know they are only suspicions?

your starting something for children and you still did not report it why to me your saying they are now or was more than suspicions ??

( definition of children in need) it is a BBC's UK corporate charity, providing grants to projects in the UK which focus on young people who are disadvantaged, with fund-raising around an annual appeal.

Children in Need said it was looking into the comments made by Sir Roger

story here full story here

A lot of people have been saying what’s has been the point to all this and it’s been a waste of time…..all i can say is it has emerged that the Savile scandal has led to a surge in the number of people reporting child sex abuse allegations to the authorities. if you dont think thats good thing well ...

children, teenagers, and now even adults who are or have been carrying the burden of having been victims even if its been a long time may now feel more willing to come forward and report it

and whats even more good is that abusers now know that no matter how far in the past the allegations were, they could be investigated thoroughly now.

Never mind sticking his head on a spike at the tower of london - I say stick his head on a spike outside your house then every time you look out it will remind you that he was/is guilty, you what Dizzy said to refrain from calling you!

Like it Florence! you've invented a new swear word - 'YWDS' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe your more accustomed, living in Egypt, to the rule of the mob and the lynch mob mentality Cleo; but there is something we still retain here, called "due process". I couldn't frankly care less who's guilty and who isn't; I'm not joining the current hysteria - the Police will investigate and if sufficient evidence is accumulated, the DPP will prosecute, and a jury will decide. :roll:

It's quite amusing that the most judgemental poster on this forum by a distance, on every topic, is now deciding we shouldn't be judgemental in the face of overwhelming evidence on this issue.

Big Jimmy fan regurgitator?

Not at all Cleo, you have convicted him without hearing a defence, that is the mentality of the lynch mob.

Yet another outrageous comment? To do that, she would have to be on a soap box on Hyde Park corner or in China.

You and others are conveniently ignoring some of her accurate predictions in this case.

obs, you always say that people shouldn't read the posts if they don't like the topic, yet you and others continue to do so. You all protesteth too much, imo.

outrageous comment???

I will restate for you Peter, In British law, You are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, what some want to do on here is nothing more than a lynch mob., All that is coming out is hear say, And will remain so, unless tried in a court of law.

Before anyone gets on their high horse, I am not a fan of Mr Saville, I am making a stand for the justice system, which is a pillar of Democracy.

• Upvote 1

1) Savile is probably guilty of numerous sexual offences.

2) Savile is probably being accused of things he didn't do.

3) Savile is still dead

4) This thread has probably served its purpose, whatever it may have been, it is only being kept alive by ego waving.

My attention is on the living as well as the dead savile thing. However, dead or alive, the fact that it possibly indecently abused/raped 400 young people cannot nor should be swept under the carpet, which is what some people appear to be advocating should happen under the guise of innocent until proven guilty. It is not a matter of bringing the dead savile to justice but gaining justice for its' victims and anyone who states an opinion that it shouldn't be so is just beins a ywds!

outrageous comment???

I will restate for you Peter, In British law, You are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, what some want to do on here want to do is nothing more than a lynch mob., All that is coming out is hear say, And will remain so, unless tried in a court of law.

Before anyone gets on their high horse, I am not a fan of Mr Saville, I am making a stand for the justice system, which is a pillar of Democracy.

So, you are saying that the word of 12 men and women carries more weight and said 12 men and women should be heard and believed above the possible 400 victims who experienced the abuse of the dead savile thing, which is really academic, considering the dead savile thing cannot be put on trial? Hum.... What does that say about you, I wonder?