Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

tara_dad

Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

2. 2. should we have a public inquiry into all not just savile

It says nothing Cleo, until evidence has been heard in a court of law and tested in the courts it remains gossip and not fact. Like it or not you are innocent until proven guilty in the UK.

I also agree with Eagle and Asperity

Maybe gossip to the likes of you but very real and factual to the people who suffered sexual abuse at the hands of the dead savile thing. Having seen the video of the young girl being indecently touched by it while still live on tv I am more inclined to believe the victims than the possibility that the dead savile thing is innocent. I for one don't need 12 men and women to tell me that he is guilty.

400 people in differnet parts of the country, unknown to each other, all relating very similar stories and even his own grand neice accusing him of abusing her I would think amounted to more than mere gossip. Reports of several personalities and personel at the BBC all telling very similar stories, the fact that the police have begun arresting the living people implicated I would think amounted to more than mere gossip. Pictures and a video of the dead savile thing being overly tactile with young girls I would think amounted to more than mere gossip.

You can continue to bury your head in the sand and whistle through your r's but no matter what you may say, the fact remains the dead savile thing is very definately guilty.

i will just repeat again it as emerged that the Savile scandal has led to a surge in the number of people reporting child sex abuse allegations to the authorities. if you dont think thats good thing well so some good have come out of this no matter how you look at it

You have to look that also child abuse didn't have the same profile in the seventies as it does now, neither did bullying, smacking children etc.

it take things like this to make a difference of everyone.

so things like have to become big as it take something like this for changes to happen that just the sad fact to the world we live in

a lot of people have said what has been the point of all this? but it take events like this to make thing better but how long can it go on and why as it taken somthing like this to get changes in the frist place like the following

1885 Criminal Law Amendment Act: Raises age of consent from 13 to 16, delineates penalties for sexual offences against women from those against minors.

1933 Children and Young Persons Act: Consolidation of existing laws, protecting against various forms of abuse - makes it illegal to allow child under 16 into a brothel.

(Child abuse is now a national obsession, but in the 1960s it scarcely came up as a subject of public concern.)

1963 Children and Young Persons Act: Outlines laws for care of child performers and chaperones.

(During the late 1970s and early 1980s, the whole notion of child abuse was becoming part of the public discourse. From the mid-1980s onwards, there was an enormous change in general public awareness assisted by organisations like Esther Rantzen's Childline, which allowed children to report abuse.)

(But it was a different culture. In the 1970s there was some understanding of issues of sexual abuse in care homes. Abusers were good at hiding the abuse in terms of their colleague)

1978 Protection of Children Act: Becomes an offence to make, distribute or possess indecent images of children. Scotland follows with similar act in 1982

(The 1980s, with some notable child abuse scandals, was in many ways the decade that child sexual abuse was "discovered". The Children Act 1989 became a massive landmark in child protection)

1989 Children Act: Introduces legal concept of parental responsibility, defines role and responsibility of local authorities and courts - forms basis of current child protection system. Scotland's Children Act passed in 1995

(it wasn't until the 1980s and 1990s that the nature of abuse and child protection in residential children's homes was really brought to the fore.)

(back in 20002 becouse of the Soham murders case we intensifies the focus on vetting processesSo we intrusted the following)

2002: First use of Criminal Records Bureau (CRB)

2003 Sexual Offences Act: Wide-ranging specification of laws against child sexual abuse, with increased penalties. Scotland's equivalent passed in 2009

(the possable down side to all this )

we have also have to look that there is not a sense of everyone keeping an eye on everyone else. As People can become paranoid – even to the extent of being frightened of putting a plaster on a child's knee. So on the other hand we have to be careful on information that is given out to the public

And you wolfie have been one of those to the fore saying tht people can say whatever they wish on this forum, eh what? :wink:

Quite right to, but it's not tara that's saying it. It's simply a cut and paste job of editorial comments that if anyone was interested in they would have already have read.

Thank you for your comment though, it was a refreshing change as opposed to endless lists of dates, Acts and investigations. :roll: :roll:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well the people acting for his estate have frozen it, waiting for people to claim, No win No fee,

In my view they should not be allowed to make a claim, if they wanted compensation they should have gone after it while he was alive, and we could have convicted him.

Don't worry about it. you were not a beneficiary. :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Quite right to, but it's not tara that's saying it. It's simply a cut and paste job of editorial comments that if anyone was interested in they would have already have read.

Thank you for your comment though, it was a refreshing change as opposed to endless lists of dates, Acts and investigations. :roll: :roll:

Sounds as if the wolf man has had enough and is closing the topic. :unsure: