Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

tara_dad

Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

2. 2. should we have a public inquiry into all not just savile

As Cleo, I am genuinely deeply moved by the account you have posted regarding the disgusting act carried out against your daughter Tara, it must have affected your family deeply and I sincerely hope that time will heal the suffering that she has gone through. I can now understand the bitterness you hold for this latest pervert Savile, and although I appreciate you are a long standing member of this forum, you must know that there are statements that are made on here that are not altogether palatable sometimes said for effect, sometimes in temper, however I can only speak for myself but I honestly believe that not one person would have made a tasteless remark if they had been aware of the agony your daughter had to endure.

• Upvote 1

Algy, comments get made on here over the years. It goes with the territory.

TD knows this, but the situation probably brought the memories flooding back. No-one is at fault. These things happen, and we should all be aware that comments are usually light-hearted and not meant to offend. They used to call it banter.

We have a few posters on here who have suffered in their personal lives, and it is very difficult not to post a comment that would touch a nerve.

TD, maybe it might help to ease off on all the paper reports. I think we are all aware of the situation, but constantly repeating what we see/read isn't going to change the minds of people on here.

The thing about all this, is that what was brushed under the carpet, is now coming out.

It appears according to Sky News, that they have kept the lid on abuse in the American Scouting Association for years. Now that the evidence is coming out, there will be a lot of twitchy people about.

Sorry peter my mistake I thought this was a forum sorry I thought you could talk about a topic on here no matter if its paste tax or anything like that unless people know what’s going on how can they debate but you want banter that’s ok just don’t call it a forum. Not getting at you peter but you want childish remarks all the time its no wonder not many poster stay.

• Upvote 2

TD.... banter makes the world go round... if we only discussed things in a serious fashion there would be even less people on here.... Personally I prefer a bit of light hearted banter, a lot has happened in my personal life over the years, but things move on and I've had to too.... otherwise one becomes a zombie consumed by ones own demons.

What Savile appears to have done is very very wrong... what some have done to cover it up even worse and hopefully they will be brought to book in due course.

Me; I'm just glad Savile never replied to my letter back in the 70's!

baz as well i under stand the banter part i do but when its the same childish remark come up with something new that would be a lot better :) but having seen other post why say anything if they cant say anything Constructive its it they cant live in the back ground? or is it that they just want attention? i have been on here for years now i dont post on every subject or jump on the back of other :blink:How

I see it a post will stop if one no one reads it or poster stop posting on it why change the way topic is running look on the hillbough topic one how that went . Because of some one cant debate

but i do under stand baz

Didn't we have similar rules too (I might be wrong) but either way maybe that will hopefully change too now Obs after the saville revelations over here (ps I intentionally didn't give "it" a capital S, infact I find it difficult to even type "it's" name after all I have read on here) :evil:

The BBC is set to be plunged into fresh controversy tonight over new claims it pulled a Newsnight investigation into Savile after coming under pressure from senior managers.

BBC Editor John Simpson, who describes the scandal as: "The worst crisis that I can remember in my nearly 50 years at the BBC".

see they are sill useing "SIR" still in the reports

baz a knighthood expires when a person dies - but it is also highly unusual for there to be calls for a recipient to be stripped of their honour after they have died.

but you do not have to call them sir anymore if wanted too as we just call them sir as an honour to them after death

lord is a Peerage

They are using Sir....because he is still classed as a Sir..... just like Lord Lucan is still referred to as Lord Lucan even though it is universally accepted that he is a murderer

Well, apparantly his knighthood died with him so they shouldn't still be calling him a sir, especially under the circumstance.

This whole can of worms is about to explode with the police preparing to arrest the living people involved including Freddie Starr and Paul Gadd etc.,

Yer don't have to call them "sir" anyway, anytime, anyhow - unless your a peasant. :wink:

A rare occasion when I agree with you.

I would never call anyone Sir, Lord or Lady because none of them are any better or any more noble or more equal than myself just because they have had a title bestowed upon them.

• Upvote 1