Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

tara_dad

Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

2. 2. should we have a public inquiry into all not just savile

The NSPCC has said today

"it would support the removal of Sir Jimmy Savile's knighthood. A spokesman for the organisation said: 'It's clear he was not the man people thought they knew when he was knighted.'

BUT At present knighthoods cannot be removed AS Honours are not part of the criminal justice system.

BUT IF I AM RIGHT the cabinet can be remove a knighthood posthumously.

and now i am finding Esther Rantzen let him get away with it?

I'm not really blaming Esther because it's good that they're saying something now.

And now the BBC will finally launches investigation into Jimmy Savile child abuse claims... but not until a police probe is over....

article-2214361-1564827C000005DC-181_634x394.jpg

Workmen in Scarborough begin to take down the street sign dedicated to the late Jimmy Savile, 'Savile's View'

• Upvote 1

There was a stall in warrington market that i passed on Saturday and two of the items that they had on display was a bag with Jim fixed it for me on and a sort of purse in the shape of the medal that he gave out. Did wonder if the stallholder actually read the news or not and also wonder if anybody would point it out to him. I was tempted but Mrs Sid was in a hurry to get back home.

• Upvote 1

What I meant PJ, it is unlikely to go to court, so he will not be found guilty, In such cases where the defendant is dead what happens if anything?

so what do you think???? Do you think that because of the coverage and disclosure of these deeds that another nonce or two may be brought to justice? Would that be a bad thing Lt Kije? Should we wait until they are all dead before we go after a bit of justice.?

To be honest PJ, I am not sure. This cannot be the first time this has happened, what normally happens in such cases?

why ask me Lt. Kije? You don't know and I don't know, go learn from the internet or stay ignorant, it matters not. What matters to me is that if there any scumbags out there who preyed on these vulnerable young people then they should be brought to justice.

It isn't possible to bring a dead person to justice. There can be no trial because the criminal is dead and can offer no defence. However, it is possible to legally label a deceased person a criminal.

Of course they could always dig him up and hang him, as they did with Hermann Goring who was sentenced to death after the war but committed suicide the day before his execution. They hung his body on the gallows.

• Upvote 1

Should we be looking at the BBC and all his DJ friends on why no one came forward All knowing this was going on from the 70`s some of these people are to blame just as much and should be hold accountable. But no one said a word?

Why would you let some be knighted or given an OBE Knowing this? As you have to be put forwards by higher powers it make you wonder how far this goes up the ladder.

Why wait till he dead to let the cat out the bag? could it be he could it be he had things on others in power in the BBC or Government will there be a cover up on that

Latest news.... Coleen Nolan admits she had a “lucky escape” when Savile tried to get her back to his hotel room when she was on Top Of The Pops as a 14 year old.

The BBC is also facing claims that the presenter was part of a child sex ring inside the corporation – including convicted paedophile Gary Glitter.

Janet Street Porter added: “Jimmy wasn’t the only pervert working in showbiz by any means. A lot of people will be feeling anxious, dreading their names creeping into the frame. It’s clear a circle of men did know what went on behind that dressing room door.”

so all the above make me wonder how many disturbing & sordid revelations the BBC are desperately trying to hide

but hay we all pay a license fee to help them make a liveing

• Upvote 2

On the late news last night Freddie Starr was also implicated in the Savile accusations, SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!.

Hundreds of angry fans were left fuming after comedian Freddie Starr failed to turn up for his Blackburn show on Saturday night.

It was just a day after Starr publicly denied claims that he groped a 14-year-old girl in Jimmy Savile’s dressing room. Five media organisations over-turned a high court injunction brought by him to ban the pub-lication of the allegations.

A video clip was shown on the news program of the then 14 year old Karin Ward who claimed on TV last night that Starr attempted to grope her in Saviles BBC dressing room.

I would imagine quite a few more show biz personalities are having nightmares as to who is next!.

I must admit Cleo, the evidence is stacking up against Savile sufficiently to convince me that Savile is well on the way to being guilty!.

• Upvote 1

"The BBC is also facing claims that the presenter was part of a child sex ring inside the corporation – including convicted paedophile Gary Glitter."

I already said there was a bit of a paedophile ring going on and implied that Paul Gadd (aka Gary Glitter) would be involved but he would deny it - and he did. Also implicated Freddie Starr, re reference to the hamster. Starr stated after being implicated that he hated Saville and Gadd and did not have anything to do with them. He couldn't stand them and said not to tar him with the same brush because he had no interest in young girls and was not a paedophile. Ahem, this from an aging man who has married a woman only half his age. (Methinks the gentleman did protest too much).

I also stated that only the tip of he iceberg had been uncovered and as investigation proceeded, there would be more and nastier details revealed about the whole sordid affair, which is proving to be so. There is much more to come out and all those who knew but kept quiet have a lot to answer for. If their bosses at the BBC would not believe them and/or threatened them with dismissal they should have taken the matter directly to the police.