Pot hole list -

observer

While I agree that Hawleys lane is probably the worst mainstream road in warrington I think the fund is specificaly to deal with the number of potholes created by our recent snow...unfortunately I think Hawleys lane is that way due to the high volume of haulage lorries rather than bad weather.

Stobbards and Royal Mail are the main culprits, but in their defence hawleys lane was never equipped to deal with such traffic, being a very old road.

Maybe some incentive for both companies to move closer to the motorway and redevelop the area into housing and not more tin warehouses.

Cromwell avenue from Calver Road to 1st Roundabout. Peopel think i must be warming my tires up but no i'm avoiding the numerous pot holes. Just as bad the other way particulary where the road was recently widened and is already falling apart.

There is a pot hole in Cinnamon Lane

Young Mr Settle is looking into it ! :D:wink:

Are you sure he hasn't fell down it? we haven't heard from him on here for ages!!

It was his New Years resolution not to!

He comments on stories occasionally.

Cromwell avenue from Calver Road to 1st Roundabout. Peopel think i must be warming my tires up but no i'm avoiding the numerous pot holes. Just as bad the other way particulary where the road was recently widened and is already falling apart.

#1 this

Delph Lane heading out towards Winwick on the bridge as you go over the M62.

This is the wrost road I have ever seen. I presume you mean under the bridge and behind B&Q though?

+ Mill lane

Car park at Victoria Park! :shock:

Alas it wouldn't qualify, it's not a road.

Alas that is not a good enough answer Paul.

You are a member of the controlling powers at the town hall and the car park at Victoria Park is an absolute disgrace.

You shoud all hang your heads in shame.

To think that the council's vision is to have this area as an Olympic standard facility is a complete joke! Especially as YOU and your fellow party members have made most of the project delivery team redundant.

I thought they had a team going round town doing areas of potholes?

I do agree with Insider re. Victoria Park. I have lived here for 16 years and I have seen the carpark deteriorate. I travelled across it last week to get to the stadium, and I was shocked at how many and how deep they were.

I suppose that if there were little boxes to tick about carparking facilities and a green flag as a reward, things would improve. As there isn't, it will probably take a lot of suspension damage claims to get some action. :shock::roll::twisted::evil::twisted::evil:

Am I the only one on here who actually reports potholes then has the satisfaction of seeing them filled in? (Smith Drive yesterday...)

I was under the impression that we had hands on councillors who walked their patch and thus would be aware of "ANY" situation in their ward. :oops:

Well I agree with Vic.... and if people don't bother formally reporting pot holes to the council then it may take longer for them to be repaired.

Yes presumably there are council bods looking out for pot holes on their travles but they can't be expected to find them all especially ones on side roads etc.

Apart from which if you actually do formally report a bad pot hole and the council don't repair it promptly after it is logged and it subsequently causes and accident or damage to someones car etc then you can have a real go at them... so it's a win situation either way :wink:

http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/node/178/hazards

Better to report direct to council but the above website is also reporting and monitoring the progress off pothole repairs with various LA councils :wink:

I just looked and there are currently only 225 reports for Warrington... with 144 still being curent/in progress and 81 having so far been fixed.

Warrington is currently at postition number 68 on the League Table for repairs but wouldn't take too much notice of that part as 'Cheshire West and Chester' are currently at top position number 1 one having only had one pothole reported to repair.. which they have done and poor old Shetland are bottom of the league table at position 212 having had 3 potholes reported which they haven't repaired yet :lol::wink:

Aren't statistics and percentages great :wink::lol:

And if you are really bored you can even click on the local maps and see all the flags for all the pothoes that have ever been reported and if/when they have been fixed. :D