Warrington Council Should Refund Some Council Tax .........

Bazj

Do You Agree WBC should refund some Council tax after their appalling performance in the recent bad weather?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Agree WBC should refund some Council tax after their appalling performance in the recent bad weather?

• Yes
    • No
    • The Question is Too Hard For Me

Well the 5 who have voted no so far must have more money than sense.... we hand over our money to WBC to waste it, leave us stranded in ice bound streets filled with bin bags full of rubbish (while other nearby authorities apparently cope a damned sight better) and then no doubt they will ask for a council tax rise to boot this year too?

Amazing

Well the 5 who have voted no so far must have more money than sense.... we hand over our money to WBC to waste it, leave us stranded in ice bound streets filled with bin bags full of rubbish (while other nearby authorities apparently cope a damned sight better) and then no doubt they will ask for a council tax rise to boot this year too?

Amazing

I voted no, becasue in my five or so years here, this is the worst snow I've seen,and only the second time there's been anything more than a bare covering.

I was out and about most days, and as I said in the 'Schools' thread, the roads were perfectly driveable, even last Tuesday.

Could they have done more? Absolutely yes, but also so could the many drivers who seemed to have not the first clue of how to drive in the snow.

Apparently there are going to be lots of pot=holes when this cold spell ends. Seems the day has gone when small, local things got immediate attention.

Would that we could go back to the small borough days when everything was in the town hall and surrounds - and just possibly more indians than chiefs.

Happy days

Look on the positive side, all these potholes might be part of the councils flood defence strategy! :lol:

Newcut Lane has developed some cracking potholes over the last week or so but even though it?s right adjacent the highways maintenance department I bet it?ll be months before these are filled in.

Bill :)

I mentioned a few dinner plate size potholes yesterday (on another thread though) which have popped up on Dingleway.

Shocked to see today what looks like a huge crater starting to form close by under a new section of the cracked surface.

The area is about must be about 4ft long by 2ft wide and has definately started to drop.... potholes usually start as small holes though don't they... they dont just start to sink :shock::shock:

Think I'll drive a different way on the school run tomorrow just incase :shock:

Dis, how can a pothole pop up? :lol:

:P

Sorry I should have said "the contents of the potholes had 'popped up' ".

But then again it wouldn't have been a pothole at that point so maybe I should have said..... "the road has popped up leaving a pothole"

You are so picky but I bet you knew what I meant.... glad to see you are not worried about the looming crater though.. maybe you would like to drive over it a few times tomorrow with Asp as a passenger as he has no car :lol::wink::P:wink:

I mentioned a few dinner plate size potholes yesterday (on another thread though) which have popped up on Dingleway.

Shocked to see today what looks like a huge crater starting to form close by under a new section of the cracked surface.

The area is about must be about 4ft long by 2ft wide and has definately started to drop.... potholes usually start as small holes though don't they... they dont just start to sink :shock::shock:

Think I'll drive a different way on the school run tomorrow just incase :shock:

Depends where the water got. As Wingy said, when it freezes, it expands and that force is strong enough to split boulders. It can do an awful lot of damage, especially if it froze and thawed several times, getting further and further into the fabric of the road. You might fall right through and disappear..... :shock:

You might fall right through and disappear..... :shock:

After trying to keep up with the various other conversations that are going on at the moment I'm starting to hope that I do fall through and disappear now :lol:

PS Obs.. someone somewhere in the past two days posted that potholes can't be filled unless the area is completely dry as it just breaks up again.... it may have been posted under the 'recipies' or 'find family and friends' section :?:lol: