Warrington Council Should Refund Some Council Tax .........

Bazj

Do You Agree WBC should refund some Council tax after their appalling performance in the recent bad weather?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Agree WBC should refund some Council tax after their appalling performance in the recent bad weather?

• Yes
    • No
    • The Question is Too Hard For Me

I mentioned a few dinner plate size potholes yesterday (on another thread though) which have popped up on Dingleway.

Shocked to see today what looks like a huge crater starting to form close by under a new section of the cracked surface.

The area is about must be about 4ft long by 2ft wide and has definately started to drop.... potholes usually start as small holes though don't they... they dont just start to sink :shock::shock:

Think I'll drive a different way on the school run tomorrow just incase :shock:

Could be a collapsed / burst water main/ drain etc.

As I recall I posted last week that there would be pothole and flooding problems....some posters scoffed. :wink:

Ooooh..... I appologised to you AND the council on Tuesday saying you were both right... (page 5 of 'more bad weather and no local grit')

Paul.. I would like to appologise

You (and of course the council) were right.

I can now see the problems with drainage with some level of thawing setting in.

.....And as for potholes... there are a few large ones appearing now along Dingle Way near the school..

:P:P now that doesn't happen often :wink:

Dizzy,

School run????

WHY can't the child walk to school?? :roll:

Peter - you expect children of today to walk to school in rain and snowy conditions.

Come on be realistic - the girls spend hours straightening their hair and they wouldn't be seen dead in a warm sensible coat because it is not trendy!

:roll:

Ooooh..... I appologised to you AND the council on Tuesday saying you were both right... (page 5 of 'more bad weather and no local grit')

Paul.. I would like to appologise

You (and of course the council) were right.

I can now see the problems with drainage with some level of thawing setting in.

.....And as for potholes... there are a few large ones appearing now along Dingle Way near the school..

:P:P now that doesn't happen often :wink:

Sorry Dismayed, I missed that. :wink::D

Dizzy,

School run????

Peter - you expect children of today to walk to school in rain and snowy conditions.

Come on be realistic - the girls spend hours straightening their hair and they wouldn't be seen dead in a warm sensible coat because it is not trendy!

Not only girls but lads as well. :wink:

Dizzy,

School run????

Not only girls but lads as well. :wink:

Their choice if they want to get cold or wet.

I notice that tyhe iclememt weather doesn't stop the sledging etc.etc, so I am surprised that parents see it necessary to stop their children becoming hardened to climate changes, preferring to keep them wrapped up in cotton wool. i would also suggest that it is a dangerous practice in the recent snowy conditions around Appleton. :wink:

Dizzy,

School run????

Sorry Peter I missed your question until others replied :oops:

So in answer .... the 'child' couldn't walk to school as 1. the pavements were very icy and 2. he was just about getting over a back injury.......... and the two don't mix in my opinion OK ??? :roll::roll::roll::wink:

Dizzy,

School run????

Sorry Peter I missed your question until others replied :oops:

So in answer .... the 'child' couldn't walk to school as 1. the pavements were very icy and 2. he was just about getting over a back injury.......... and the two don't mix in my opinion OK ??? :roll::roll::roll::wink:

OK. :P but now the ice has gone and the back should be better.(did the child get the injury when you were throwing snowballs?) will the child be walking to school???? :P:wink: