Lock Down II ?

Observer II

depends if it comes under essential shops or not.

If it is deemed essential then no it won't close.

if deemed non-essential then yes it will close.

from the covid 19 update article on the warrington worldwide front page.

"The new lockdown measures, which will run through November until 2 December, will see the closure of pubs, restaurants and non-essential shops."

I can't see them allowing just half the market to open but it is possible. The butchers and fruits and veg stalls and the like could stay open maybe the café's and hot food takeaways to provide food for the traders and customers thereof that can stay open, everything else would have to close.

The problem arises when you start to look at what is deemed an essential shop and who decides that?

On 11/1/2020 at 8:29 AM, Evil Sid said:

The problem arises when you start to look at what is deemed an essential shop and who decides that?

Parliament does. From The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England)
(No. 4) Regulations 2020 coming into force at Midnight tonight ...

PART 3
Businesses permitted to remain open
33. Food retailers, including food markets, supermarkets, convenience stores and corner shops.
34. Off licenses and licensed shops selling alcohol (including breweries).
35. Pharmacies (including non-dispensing pharmacies) and chemists.
36. Newsagents.
37. Hardware stores.
38. Building merchants, and building services.
39. Petrol stations.
40. Car repair and MOT services.
41. Bicycle shops.
42. Taxi or vehicle hire businesses.
43. The following businesses—
   (a) banks;
   (b) building societies;
   (c) credit unions;
   (d) short term loan providers;
   (e) savings clubs;
   (f) cash points;
   (g) undertakings which by way of business operate currency exchange offices, transmit
         money (or any representation of money) by any means or cash cheques which are made
         payable to customers.
44. Post offices.
45. Funeral directors.
46. Laundrettes and dry cleaners.
47. Dental services, opticians, audiology services, chiropody, chiropractors, osteopaths and other
medical or health services, including services relating to mental health.
48. Veterinary surgeons and pet shops.
49. Agricultural supplies shop.
50. Storage and distribution facilities, including delivery drop off or collection points, where the
facilities are in the premises of a business included in this Part.
51. Car parks.
52. Public toilets.
53. Garden centres.

15 hours ago, Bill said:

I just heard that the pubs can remain open for takeaway beer if they think they could make that work out for them. 

you mean like an off license.

i remember the imperial having a side door with "off license" over it for selling alcohol outside of normal licensing hours.

I suppose it is a bit like an off licence Sid. I assume that within these rules, I could order a couple of pints without also having to order a substantial takeaway meal? 

The small pub I used to go to did a fair amount of 2 pint cartons of real ale for a fiver but I doubt that'd be enough to keep the place going. As much as I liked the beers they sold, it's a pub too far for me, and without the social side of things, I guess I'll be staying home with a cuppa.

Bill :) 

So there's loads of NHS staff sitting at home waiting for Covid test results, teachers sat at home self isolating leaving their pupils to teach themselves. Families can't visit elderly residents. Meanwhile thousands of healthy people have been queueing in the cold and damp in Liverpool to get a Covid test they don't need, and will probably prove nothing. The wheels have definitely fallen off.

Got a phone call a few months ago from my consultant, checking on how I was.   I thanked him for having the decency to ring me, and said it's what the GPs should be doing.  Apparently he wrote to my GP who now wants a phone interview.   But this should have been standard for all GPs to check on their shielding patients -  a 2min call goes a long way.    😷

• Upvote 1

still  not heard from my doc about flu jab or anything else for that matter.

Mrs sids doc sends me a regular text message  advising me, well her, about how to contact the surgery and that she is eligible for the flu jab. Mind you they have put her prescription on auto repeat until march next year so i don't have to go online and place the order with them, all i have to do is wait for the chemist to send me a text to say that it is ready to pick up, a work in progress at the moment as last time it had been ready fro three days and it was only because i called them that i found out.

Only been to the local shop at the end of the street since the latest lockdown for milk and bread as and when needed. next week will have to do a "big" shop maybe aldi or tesco depending on what we need.