M&S drivel

Adam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again.......take a chill pill you lot :roll:

Adam and friend 'what can I say'... I can't even edit out the 'd*ck' word although in this instance I don't think it is acceptable as 'we' don't know your friend.... if it was said about one of us (ie to a regular poster) then that would be acceptable :lol:

Well strangely enough I didn't take offence at the comment made by your friend when he/she said.......

"It?s like kids kicking a tin can down the road ? a lot of noise for no purpose. These days, the cans are aluminium, but I still occasionally hear some low-IQ moron doing it as he wends his weary way home from high school. When they grow up they must join Forums to find something equivalent to do"

I found it rather funny actually but then again I have a sense of humour.

I really hope your friend DOES join now and post if only to answer the replies... I know I would if someone had just called me a 'you know what' !

whoa.... hang on a minute dizzy..... I wasn't the first one to throw the insults around. surely the phrase "When they grow up they must join Forums to find something equivalent to do" counts as an insult and so I was merely protecting your womanly honour by retalliating in like fashion

Anyway, Adams imaginary friend might well be called dick

For the avoidance of any doubt, I can assure you all that my friend DOES exist. He is NOT a figment of my imagination.

It would please me very much if he DID join the Forum as I am sure he would enliven proceedings.

Why anyone should think I would go to the trouble of inventing a friend I don't know - I have in the past not been afraid to put unpopular views on the Forum so why should I now decide to hide behind an imaginary friend?

My own view on this topic, for what it is worth, is that I would prefer M&S (and every other store) not to play any music at all. If I go into a shop I go to shop, not to listen to music. Mrs Adam shares my view on this.

On the subject of IQ I always believed that being unable to express a strong view without resort to foul language is a sign of a low IQ.

Well in an effort to answer the original question i have sent an email via their website to ask who chooses the music for their stores.

I have asked if it is down to the local manager at the store or a corporate decision based on customer age groups.

I have also asked them to let me know what age group they have targeted.

They say that I will receive a reply in 24 hours but whether that will be an answer to the questions or just a reply to say that my email has been received and is being dealt with I do not know, but i will let you know one way or the other what they say.

Mind you they may not answer as it could be construed as industrial spying so if I suddenly stop posting then call my lawyer I may need him :cry::lol:8)

Well in an effort to answer the original question i have sent an email via their website to ask who chooses the music for their stores.

I have asked if it is down to the local manager at the store or a corporate decision based on customer age groups.

I have also asked them to let me know what age group they have targeted.

They say that I will receive a reply in 24 hours but whether that will be an answer to the questions or just a reply to say that my email has been received and is being dealt with I do not know, but i will let you know one way or the other what they say.

Mind you they may not answer as it could be construed as industrial spying so if I suddenly stop posting then call my lawyer I may need him :cry::lol:8)

Well done Sid, an actual, real life attempt to do something positive about this very important issue. Surely though Adams "friend" could have utilised his vastly superior IQ and done this himself instead of hiding behind his "friend" and asking others to do his dirty work, despite them being beneath him intellectually.

Who's kicking the can now :lol::lol::lol:

PJ

Your views on this, or any other topic, are unlikely to be taken seriously if you can't even decide where you live!

Observer

As to Vera Lyn being more suitable music for M&S customers, I think that was the point my friend was making in the first place, although he didn't actually put it in those terms

I have emailed him to tell him of the furore he has caused and to inform him that I stand accused of inventing him, which I am sure will cause him great amusement.

I await his reply with some trepidation.

Well somebody is on the ball at M &S received this reply from them this afternoon.

Thank you for your e-mail about our store music.

I can confirm Head Office sends each store a compilation CD for stores to play which we feel would be suitable for customers of all ages.

I hope this information us helpful.

Which sort of answers the question of where the music is chosen but not exactly who :?

Always thought the sq root of minus one was a 'surd' from the Latin surdus, ?unheard, silent, dull, and the i stood for irrational. :?:?

A surd is a square root that cannot be reduced further to produce a rational number.

For example the square root of 4 is 2 (a rational number) but the square root of 2 is 1.414213562 off the top of my head :wink:

From this aspect the square root of minus 1 is a surd because it can't be reduced to produce a rational number.

Here is an article about the square root of minus one. Enjoy :lol::lol:

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/melwood/368/rootm1d.html

:lol::lol:

It always amazes me how topics can go off track so much.

This one started about M&S music and had diversified into square roots, trees and even HMS Liverpool

well it will have in a second :oops:

Algy... I wish I had know yesterday that HMS LP was in dock as apparently members of the public could go on it up to 4pm today :oops: It's another one which is due to be decomissioned next year. We will have none left af this rate. Maybe another topic eh.

So what has the music been like in M&S this weekend anyone know :D

:lol::lol:

It always amazes me how topics can go off track so much.

This one started about M&S music and had diversified into square roots, trees and even HMS Liverpool

well it will have in a second :oops:

Algy... I wish I had know yesterday that HMS LP was in dock as apparently members of the public could go on it up to 4pm today :oops: It's another one which is due to be decomissioned next year. We will have none left af this rate. Maybe another topic eh.

So what has the music been like in M&S this weekend anyone know :D

Thought the tree wood take us off on another branch as the topic was beginning to sap my energy.

Dizz, I too found out too late to visit HMS Liverpool, really disappointed, she sails at 1300hrs today, I might try to go over to Blundel Sands to take some photos :cry: