BNP Win Two Seats in Euro Parliament

Bazj

Probably the worst QT I've seen for a while, a big disappointment. As Baz said in an earlier post, not even a mention of the post strike. Think that I would have been better off going to bed earlier. I somehow think that the questions are known in advance, some of the panellists seemed to have rather a lot of detailed facts readily to hand.

One of the questioners asked if the programme had been an early Christmas present for the BNP.

If anyone gave them a present (and it remains to be seen whether they did!) it was the mob outside.

They indulged in exactly what they condemn the BNP for. Why can't some people put over an argument without resorting to violence?

Griffin did not come over as a great speaker, nor as a great intellect. But that, of course, does not disqualify his opinions which were rather more sensible than I expected.

Several panelists said they did not want to "lower the drawbridge" but of course, if it were possible (which it isn't) then that is precisely what we should be doing. Not because of race, colour or creed but because of sheer numbers.

One of the pleasures we get here at WWW is that since the BNP became a topic for debate on this forum, their web crawlers have found us and as a result we regularly get their press releases and statements from "Chairman Nick Griffin."

Normally we ignore them because they have no specific local significance.

However there was one awaiting us first thing this morning so I thought posters might be interested in the BNP view of the Question Time programme. This is it, word for word:

QUESTION TIME ROUND-UP

Fellow British Patriots

"The man's got guts!" "At last, someone saying exactly what we all feel". "The hand-picked audience in the studio hated what Nick had to say, but we loved it". "I've never seen such political bullying on TV in my life." "When he pointed out how all the others are racist against the English, we were all cheering".

Just a few of the responses to the long-awaited BBC Question Time with Nick Griffin tonight. It was never going to be easy: Central London is the most 'enriched' and 'diverse' part of Britain, the BBC audience selection process is clearly guaranteed to 'weed out' politically incorrect guests, and the other panellists shared one aim: to rough up Nick Griffin.

As it is, no-one who saw Jack Straw turn ashen-faced when Nick responded to his 'Nazi' smear by pointing out that "my father served in the RAF during the Second World War - yours spent it in prison for refusing to fight Adolf Hitler." Time and time again Nick gave as good as he got.

Most of all though, this wasn't a proper Question Time at all. The usual format was done away with for the first time in 30 years as the BBC over-compensated for allowing us on by setting things up for a televised lynching.

There was nothing about current affairs at all; no postal strike, nothing about the announcement that Tony Blair is about to be appointed EU President, nothing about the continued slaughter of young British soldiers in Afghanistan, nothing about the latest stages of the banking crisis and the scandal of the Government propping up corrupt banks while imposing savage cuts on essential services. On all those subjects and many more, the BNP's nationalist position offers a real alternative to the three old internationalist parties.

But the only non-BNP/immigration question was about a Daily Mail article on the death of Stephen Gately, and even that was a trap - which Chairman Nick Griffin avoided with both ease and principle.

Where does it leave the BNP? On this day alone our website has had in the region of 15 million 'hits' and over 2,000 new registrations for future membership before QT even started! Millions were shocked by the violence of the leftist mob sponsored by - among other MPs - Peter Hain and David Cameron.

With millions more people beginning to grasp the extent to which the three old parties are essentially the same, while the British National Party is really different. With millions of people knowing that in just a couple of killer soundbites in the middle of the programme, Nick Griffin summed up exactly how they, and all their friends and neighbours, feel about the mess that Lib-Lab-Con have made of our poor country.

They will also have noted very well that Nick Griffin and Bonny Greer clearly got on well, and that Nick listened with respect and answered with consideration even hostile questions from members of ethnic minorities in the audience; the hostility tonight wasn't from Nick towards anyone on account of their ethnicity or religion, it was from the representatives of the failed old parties towards the new kid on the block.

When the details of all the personal attacks against Nick Griffin are long forgotten, people will remember him standing up bravely to a barrage of hate to say things on behalf of the Silent Majority that have never been said on the flagship programme of British politics before. "Nick Griffin - he speaks for us".

Thanks David. I thought that I would visit the BNP to see what they had to say about QT. Their normal website has been temporarily taken offline and replaced by a single page version. They make the following statement:

"Welcome to the temporary website of the British National Party. We have had to take our normal website offline due to the enormous amount of ordinary people, just like you, visiting our website."

As a party political broadcast for the BNP, I don't think they came out of it very well. However I think Jack Straw came out of it even worse with his usual inability to give a straight answer to anything. Chris Huhne was his usual LibDim "don't blame us, we did nothing" self. I thought Sayeeda Warsi gave the best impression and Bonnie Greer gave some well thought out answers. My opinion of the BNP hasn't been enhanced in any way but I think the BBC was right in letting Nick Griffin onto the programme so that we could see for ourselves what all the fuss is about. It hasn't changed my vote anyway. 8)8)

Can't argue with any of the points in DS's QT roundup.

If this was the opportunity for the major parties to show up the BNP for what it is then they all failed miserably.

As for the responses to Immigration and teaching about homosexuality in Primary schools, Nick Griffin's replies won hands down regardless of the audience lesbian who believed he was in the minority. :roll:

Bonnie Greer is brilliant, she says so herself...http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23760044-when-bonnie-greer-met-nick-griffin.do

Read the comment from the English lady who lives in France..... just about sums things up pretty well if you ask me

I quite like Andrew from St Johns wood reply.

That's right, congratulate yourselves that you've seen off that racist buffoon, meanwhile - continue to totally ignore the mass Muslim immigration that will engineer a demographic and cultural revolution across Europe in the next 20 years, with the consequent growth of Sharia, a totalitarian system wholly at odds with the Judaeo/Christian/humanist ethos of the continent. When it comes to fiddling while Rome burns, you can't hold a candle to dumb white liberals

The part that I found strange was when Griffin said he thought the sight of 2 homosexuals kissing was "creepy". He was derided by the same people who stick up for Muslim rights, the Muslims who would quite happily string that same pair of homosexuals up by the neck from the nearest crane. Quite bizarre the way some people think. :roll::roll:

Some Muslims would string up gay people. Not all Muslims. See, that's the sort of half-truth that feeds the BNP. Within Islam, homosexuality is frowned upon, so Muslims would condemn gay people. In the same way that some Christian groups condemn gay people - considering it a sin and against God's law. Look at the hoohah over gay C of E bishops. And as with every other religion/culture/population, there are views ranging from "live and let live" to rabid hatred. So just as many Christians would also string up gay people.....

And before you ask - I don't see what it has to do with me if consenting adults with matching genitals decide to be together. I'd be fairly hacked off if someone told me I had to sleep with another bird or I'd go to Hell! :lol:

The Quran puts it a bit stronger than "frowning upon" homosexuality LP. I don't care what consenting adults do so long as they don't force me to do anything I don't want to do. I was only pointing out how hypocritical some people are (especially religious types). 8)8)8)8)

The Bible says it's a sin to spill your own seed, but not all Christians think little boys should be made to sleep wearing boxing gloves - only some of them!

I agree on hypocrisy, and yes, religious people, wealthy people, politicians and rulers are more prone than the man in the street. BUT the way you phrased your argument was exactly the way Nick G phrases his. The truth is all religions have extremists and Islam is no more prone than any other. Catholics and Protestants burned one another at the stake - Hindus and Sikhs butcher one another over a temple, Jews and Arabs fight over Jerusalem - and look at what the Inquisition did....

Most people are mostly nice.... no matter what colour they are, and the only way to find out is to stop deciding before you actually meet them!!