BNP Win Two Seats in Euro Parliament

Bazj

Not dead sure what they are actually saying BUT: if they are saying 1) no more immigrants into this Country (ie draw bridge up) - YES. 2) If they are saying that we exit the EU - that's another box ticked - YES. 3) If they are saying - repeal/ammendment of the HR Act and the multitude of PC positive discrimination nonesense that goes with it - yet another box ticked - YES. Now you tell me of any of the "mainstream" parties that are going to deliver on those issues? :?

No Kije, but more and more people are becoming disillusioned with Labours stance of complete open door immigration and complete failure to remove failed asylum seekers and illegal immigrants who sneak in on the back of a truck.

That is why the BNP are gaining popularity, can't you see that? It isn't about kick the foreigners out; it is about stop the ones who shouldn't be here being here! (but you will say it is so I'm waiting for that one, but please feel free to answer the next bits before you go off on your usual "you are a racist rant") Even foreigners already settled here are worried about the seemingly endless immigration with no checks or limits

People like you and you liberal mates seem to think that anyone who agrees with anything said by the BNP is racist and terrible, but those who are sitting down and actually analysing why people are voting BNP are saying it is about too much immigration, not immigration as a whole. It is about Brown and Bliar signing our country away to a bunch of unelected foreigners in Brussels and it is certainly about law and order and the lack of proper sentencing and deterrents.

Now wake up and smell the coffee.....

If UKIP tick all of your boxes why are you spending lots of time on here defending and talking up the BNP, instead of talking up UKIP.

Cos it makes you cross! :wink: He's not going to vote BNP. He knows as well as the rest of us that Nick is not attempting to win an election and take power. He's using a loophole in the law that allows him to call himself a politician and carry on spreading his messages. He had to find another way to do it when the hate laws came into force, or he'd have been in prison by now. He's clever enough to just avoid the scope of the laws - and Obs is clever enough to see it.

You might be giving him to much credit :wink:

Any body with any decency should be pointing out all that is bad with the BNP, not talking them up as he does, its a shame he cannot devote his energys to UKIP who I would have thought would be right up his street, and do not preach hate.

I'll tell you both some things I have just bothered to find out - I suppose I should have taken more interest before, but there you go :oops:

Muslims in the UK are 1,647,000 in round number, which is just 2.7% of the population of the UK.

Asylum applications in 2008 were 25,670 in number.

In 2007, they were 23,430 in number.

In 2002 they were 84,130 in number.

Of the 2008 applications, 19% were granted.

11% were granted humanitarian protection or discretionary leave.

70% were refused.

In 2008, a total of 66,275 people were deported or agreed to leave.

In 2007, that figure was 63,365.

So right now, asylum seekers are less than a third the number we had in 02, and more people are leaving than coming in. So where does this urban myth of massive numbers of asylum seekers getting to live here actually come from?

Adding in dependents, wives, kids etc, the number of individuals covered by the asylum applications in 2008 was about 33,000. So 30% allowed to stay is 9,900. With 66,275 being removed, we're 56,375 fewer in number than at the start of the year. Why then is immigration such a panic button? I am genuinely surprised at the numbers..... :?:?:?

Oh priceless! Classic Nick - claiming London has been ethnically cleansed and is no longer British. :shock:

I am bewildered by the fact that Labour are not just publishing the figures and stopping the fibs. But then, I am not a politician, so there's probably some contorted reason.... :roll:

This is Observers pet subject he will not let a few facts stand in his way.

Thanks for your effort though :D:wink:

It wasn't aimed at Obs. Loads of people are genuinely convinced that asylum seekers are in the millions and we're going to sink under the weight of an ever-increasing population of immigrants. I was looking at the figures and expecting to see something that was a problem. Fewer than 10,000 in and more than 60,000 out does not tally with the picture being painted, does it? I was astonished.

Interesting figures LP but how many of the 70% that were refused in 2008 are still here?

Dunno, but any lingerers will be deported and were more than made up for by the 66,000 removed, weren't they? I'd have thought the bulk were in the deported figure.

Even if they ALL stayed and were granted asylum, that'd still be nothing like the scare stories, would it? :?

Interesting figures LP but how many of the 70% that were refused in 2008 are still here?

Dunno, but any lingerers will be deported and were more than made up for by the 66,000 removed, weren't they? I'd have thought the bulk were in the deported figure.

Even if they ALL stayed and were granted asylum, that'd still be nothing like the scare stories, would it? :?

But you find one set of figures, someone else will find figures to challenge yours; thats how it all works. No one can deny that economic migration from Poland was massively under estimated and even now walking round Warrington, the sight of a young couple speaking Eastern European with baby in pram is not uncommon. There were softners put out that all of these eco migrants were all on the way home again but no one will accept that there should have been a cap placed on them as there were in all but two other European countries

One set of figures, presumably issued by the same Home Office that's just admitted to losing 40,000 FAILED assylum seekers - IF you keep your eyes and ears open, the evidence is out there on the streets, in the schools and in the s/markets; ASDA's now like being at the UN! The projected population of the UK in 10 years is over 70mill, that's the equivelent of a population the size of Bristol EVERY year; birthrates amongst immigrants is higher and the added strain on local authority services is costing us a bomb. The whole so-called immigration policy is an absolute shambles - I could rant on, but I think I've covered the subject ad nauseum in the topic on immigration. :twisted: As for UKIP Kyje; IF you can start reading my posts you will discover the reasoning behind using the BNP to break up the smug cosy political club called parliament - they need a shock to the system to wake them up. :twisted:

IF you keep your eyes and ears open, the evidence is out there on the streets, in the schools and in the s/markets; ASDA's now like being at the UN!

The trouble is Obs you are blinkered and only see what you want to see, if the figures had been in your favor you would have been all over them like a rash :evil:

On this there is no point on carrying on with this issue as you are blind. You will not accept any figures that counter your blinkered view.

You say you want a debate, you do not, you dismiss everything you disagree with as liberal propaganda. All you are intrested in is rubbishing anyone that counters you and getting your BNP propaganda out :evil:

Move on :!::!::!: