Warrington named the worst place in Britain for culture

Dizzy

If you are on about the Turner prize I think the money comes through sponsorship?

Indeed it does... sponsored by capitalist big business who know that it will cause controversy and give them the publicity they crave.... It's all a con and just like you accuse people of listening to the right wing press, the ones applauding this rubbish they try to pass as art are falling for the con in just the same way

What I am sayin Baz is that it isn't up to any individual to dismiss any art work as not art, we can say we find it rubbish or a con or brilliant, it doesn't matter, that's our opinion and not a definition of what is not art. As I have said, I lack the arrogance and self importance to believe my opinion is all that counts when it comes to determining what is and isn't art.

I also possess the conviction that gives me the belief that I am entitled to my opinion, doesn't make what I say any more or less factual. I also love the fact that my opinion upsets and even enrages some of the posters on here, makes me realize I am doing something right ????

I agree that critics influence the trends and also the collectibility and therefore the value of art and artists but they don't have any more right to tell anybody what isn't art. As for your little quip re my parentage, rather rich from someone from Newton, the largest place in the North with only one set of grandparents ????

I also possess the conviction that gives me the belief that I am entitled to my opinion, doesn't make what I say any more or less factual. I also love the fact that my opinion upsets and even enrages some of the posters on here, makes me realize I am doing something right

PJ's Law in action again. Self-awareness isn't your strong point, is it? You've missed the third option yet again.

a. Upsets

b. Enrages

c. Bores the arse off

PJ's Law in action again. Self-awareness isn't your strong point, is it? You've missed the third option yet again.

a. Upsets

b. Enrages

c. Bores the arse off

FGS  makes you so bored you simply have to comment.  Off you trot Puce man lol

Apparently Mr.Parr had the high level bridge over the canal built as he got hacked off waiting in his pony and trap when swing bridge open.A hall AND a bridge,may not be art but surely style.P.S.His house at Grappenhall was pulled down by WBC.

Isn't the old NatWest building in town the former offices of the Parr Bank?  Also I heard that Parr refined sugar in Bewsey?  Not sure if either is factual but am confident someone on here will know :wink:

lol  I am sorry for your massive fall in living standards then.

:P......But i do get your point,there are some strange characters round here ,& i have never seen as many walking sticks,electric scooters or top of the range mobility cars. i think the town is twinned with Towyn.

On the other hand the beer sold in the pubs does have some fantastic healing powers that allow many of these people to abandon their disabled status for just a few hours at the weekends & helps them to sing & dance to the music like two year olds.