Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

tara_dad

Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

2. 2. should we have a public inquiry into all not just savile

follow up which is now freely on the internet

A man in his 80s has been released after being interviewed by detectives investigating allegations which arose following revelations about TV presenter Jimmy Savile.

The man, from Berkshire, attended a London police station by appointment and was interviewed under caution.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police’s Operation Yewtree searched an address in Berkshire on Saturday.

The police said it was part of the inquiry not directly related to Savile.

The man arrived at 12:00 GMT, said the Met, and has now “left police premises”. He has not been charged,

There are two strands to Yewtree one directly related to Savile’s acts.

The other, simply called “others”, related to sexual offences that had come to light during the overall investigation

The latest is this man falls into the latter

i had to show this from a internet poster that is so true to think about

Saphael101

You know a policeman would have to be sure he had very good evidence before he said the words , “You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you fail to mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say will be given in evidence.” to this man . getting so sick of people denial defending these men… yes he was a nice man, daddies are nice men, so are grandads, uncles, family friends etc, etc, etc… thats why we live in a world where at least one in four children are sexually abused… because all the adults would rather protect their own pretty world view than the childrens innocence…. wake up.

Repeating speculation(s) ad nauseum is tripe, the fact that these speculations are available in other places means that this forum need not be used to feed the half dozen on here who salivate as each rumour is published.

It is a very serious subject (the parts that turn out to be true) but this thread is pathetic.

• Downvote 1

TD.... what you and many many thousands of others are doing is destroying a persons reputation before they are charged with anything. That is a very dangerous thing to do. Dropping hints and directing posters to sites and media where names are freely available is tantamount to naming them yourself and if the allegations turn out to be false and it was me being falsely accused by the faceless people of the internet; I would try my best to track everyone of them down and sue them for everything they own...

You may not know what it is like to be "accused" of a serious crime you didn't do, you may never have been questioned under caution for a serious crime you didn't do.... I have and believe me it is no walk in the park when the cops doing the questioning think you may be the guilty party....

Child abuse or any sexual abuse is a very very serious crime, but as I have pointed out before with what happened to my mates dad; you destroy a person if you wrongly accused of something like that and to be honest, you and the other judges and executioners on here would do well to shut the ..... up about it until people are actually charged and convicted

Baz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What Baz has said I completely agree with and my view is that enough has been said on this topic, Whispering campaigns are extremely dangerous as are trial by mob rumour, if anyone is accused it should be left to the powers that be to investigate and if proven to be guilty then let the laws of this land deal with it. I personally would wish this topic brought to an end.

Naming someone who is being question under caution by the police into child abuse is wrong how do you work that one out ? I have known for over six weeks links where there like I said he not been charged

TD.... when your daughter was a victim and made allegations against whoever did what they did, was she named? Until proven, her accusations could have been as false as the ones against the celebrities who are being named all over the place now.... being named by a bunch of social media and worthless websites as an alleged offender (especially when that person is a public figure) is totally wrong.... if that person is ultimately innocent, their lives and careers can be totally destroyed.....

I hope that if people are found to be making false accusations that they are brought to book with the harshest sentences available because I think it is starting to become a complete circus.... a kind of "get your name in the papers by claiming you were abused 40 years ago" thing

Sorry to say baz she was named before court she went public as she had nothing to hide she did this to help other to come forward if anything like this happen to you . As some will know it was reported in the press as she was running a web site on helping children and teenagers with sponcers but not all would be willing to come forwad to this as more is spent helping the rights of the offender than the victim but I do understand where your coming from

• Upvote 1

.....................Whispering campaigns are extremely dangerous as are trial by mob rumour, if anyone is accused it should be left to the powers that be to investigate and if proven to be guilty then let the laws of this land deal with it..............

I agree with Algy 'whispering campaigns' and 'trials by mob rumour' are not civilised ways to go about things. I can also see Baz's point of view and think that to be innocent yet accused of such dreadful crime would have a devastating and lifelong effect on someone.

However, I can also clearly see Tara Dads viewpoint.

Algy suggests; "....if anyone is accused it should be left to the powers that be to investigate and if proven to be guilty then let the laws of this land deal with it"

That would most certainly be the civilised way of dealing with things - if - the so-called civilised society we are living in was both genuine and civilised. Which the Jimmy Savile revelations have proved it certainly is not!

Many years ago complaints were made to the police and others regarding Savile's conduct, had the police and others made proper investigations at the time, Savile could have been brought to justice and very many vulnerable victims could have been spared from the horrific attacks they have suffered.

Investigations were only made years later and the resultant press coverage encouraged other victims to come forward. Had the media not published the 'whisperings' the crimes of Savile might never have been exposed. What is sad is that the 'whisperings' came so late.

I think Tara Dad may share the same concerns as myself - I find it difficult to believe that Savile could possibly have got away with what he did without other people being involved and as any 'other's' would probably be public figures, unless they were brought to light by 'whisperings' there might be the same reluctance to investigate them as there seems to have been with Savile.

The problem with that is that it was a very different time. It's only in recent years that notice is taken of occurrences of that ilk.

Savile was to vulnerable people what Shipton was to the elderly.

The latest revelation is not clear. Every pop star of yesteryear would be locked up for having under age sex because the temptation was put there on a plate with the groupies and such. The point is that you can't tar all these people with the same brush. They could all be different actions. It will all come out in the wash.

Not at all, but what I find laughable are the suggestions that: noncery was ok back in the day; Savile is Comparable to Shipton; it was all the fault of them girlies anyway.

I'm probably somewhere in between in my opinion of all of these, er, revelations, and how they're being addressed on here.

It's a bit <interesting<--------->a bit interesting>, is all.

I’ve not been following this saga but since the Jimmy Saville case, there does seem to be an absolute rash of people coming out with historic allegations of rape with the latest being TV presenter Stuart Hall from forty years ago. I can’t help wondering what anyone could hope to achieve by making allegations again after forty years other than the chance of making some money by selling the story.

Had all concerned not been either wealthy or had some kind of celebrity status then I doubt we’d be hearing anything.

Bill :)

One thing we all agree with is that today is a lot better for victims. And the help is there now, offenders best now look out as you cannot hide or get away with it anymore.

It’s not been an easy road getting to this stage. As most have said a lot of people are doing it for the money. But the same can get said for people in accidents claims. Are victims not allowed to claim if proven beyond doubt? Even if the person is dead.

Most Accident claimers only have to see a doctor to claim.

Yes there will be people who will use a false claim to gain money and I would hope that the full weight of the justice system comes down on them and are prosecuted.

But in most of the cases someone as been abused be most spend time like me on the offender not the victim.

Not one person on here as shown what a victim as to go through or how it affects them in life. I am one as well. but I have seen first hand what happens and some had shown first hand what it can do to someone also someone as shown what also happens to someone who as been wrongly named.

It’s about time someone checked up and shown what a victim as to go through to get justice it’s an eye opener .in the day of the internet just think to your-self what would I do if it happened to me? then find out what do you have to do then look at it. and see if you would carry on with it.

I hope some one will take the challenge