Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

tara_dad

Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

2. 2. should we have a public inquiry into all not just savile

Scotland have their own system Obs, it's nothing to do with England and Wales, I don't think they will want to take our prisoners, you might as well ask the Australians.

Algy, No idea why they are not building up on the moors, I suppose it depends on which moors you mean, but might be no planning permission, or they might be privately owned. Or councils don't want prisons in their county.

Lancashire, Yorkshire, Derbyshire, plenty to go at, let's face it they built one on Dartmoor around 1806 to house prisoners of war from the Napoleonic War.

....... The present incumbents are exacerbating the problem in that they are reducing police numbers and still being soft on crime and also for following the HR issue to the letter.

PS I blame the Lib-Dems. :wink:

Peter, I agree with you that reducing police numbers will certainly not help the problem but disagree that "following the HR issue to the letter".is making matters worse. You seem to have an aversion to Human Rights legislation but have you ever actually studied the Human Rights Act and European Convention on Human Rights?

If you had you would have realised that the problems lie with either misinterpretation of the legislation or,as seems most often with regard to convicted prisoners, failure to correctly comply.

One of the most basic rules is that you cannot grant human rights if in doing so it infringes the human rights of others.

The rights of victims to crime have long been ignored, take for example the early release of perpetrators of violent attacks or indeed puedophiles who have, once released, attacked again. Here clearly the victim's "right to life" etc have been denied. If the police and other bodies were to address 'human rights' from the victim's point of view then the criminals wouldn't have so light a time of it - so why don't they? I seriously wonder whether it is mainly down to matters of finance.

Also Peter, as for being "soft on crime" - I don't rate the present judicial system as being particularly 'just' in that some types of crime invoke penalties which seem far in excess for the actual crime whilst for some types of crime and some types of criminals there seems a reluctance to even investigate let alone prosecute and if - by force of public outcry - these elitist type of criminals ever get prosecuted then their sentencing is often the minimal possible - if anything.

Does anyone seriously believe that Jimmy Savile could possibly have been able to carry out these terrible crimes over all those years without anyone knowing what was going on? Would anyone who did know be charged?

• Upvote 3

i see that the Savile abuse scandal has cost around £2 million so far, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner said today

but still on the cards is New Scotland Yard as part of the plans, and will see the loss of 1,200 officers ranked sergeant or above, as well as around 3,500 members of civilian of staff.

story here

i see that the Savile abuse scandal has cost around £2 million so far, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner said today

but still on the cards is New Scotland Yard as part of the plans, and will see the loss of 1,200 officers ranked sergeant or above, as well as around 3,500 members of civilian of staff.

story here

TD, can I (very politely) request that you read through what you have typed before you press the "post" button, and correct what you have typed, so that the rest of us are given half a chance of understanding what you are saying? Thanks :wink:

NO

What a stupid question to ask when there are people alive who need to be brought to justice. One wonders if you would be asking the same question if you or one of yours had been sexually abused.

You will be aware that the fat one time MP for Rochdale, Cyril Smith was a known paedophile who appeared to get pleasure from spanking the bare backsides of his young victims but was never brought to justice, thanks to the clowns in the CPS. Heaven alone knows how many more there were. Do you really believe all those young victims should be forgotten too? :unsure:

This is not something that can be brushed under the carpet any longer.

The lid is off and all those alive who were involved must be punished.

• Upvote 1

some up todate facts THOUSANDS of paedophiles are not jailed after being convicted of child sex crimes,

Of the 6,258 perverts sentenced since 2008, only 3,604 were caged.

this means a shocking 2,654 beasts walked free despite guilty raps under the Sexual Offences Act.

The term covers four crimes: Causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity, sexual activity with a child, engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child, and causing a child to watch a sex act.

More than 40 per cent do not go to prison.

Shadow justice minister Andy Slaughter, says : “The Government needs to look again at the sentencing guidelines.”

The NSPCC’s Jon Brown said jailing offenders “is the best way to keep children safe and it sends a clear message that we will not tolerate this horrific behaviour”.

.... and they don't execute murderers either TD nor do they give them proper life sentences.... the punishments in the country are an absolute joke. It is why we are plagued with feral teenagers with no fear of the law and no respect for authority.

Bring back capital and corporal punishment and lets get some proper justice back at the same time

With regards to human rites legislation and the constantdefence being that our judges "misinterpret" it....

can this be true? Can every page of legislation be misinterpreted to be infavour of soft justice, soft on criminals, letting off terrorists and beingharsh on people who drive speeding cars for god’s sake???

I think it is more than likely that the whole thing is a shambles; written insuch a way as to cause confusion and delay and to side ultimately with the do-gooderswho command our legal and political classes and that of Europe

TD, can I (very politely) request that you read through what you have typed before you press the "post" button, and correct what you have typed, so that the rest of us are given half a chance of understanding what you are saying? Thanks :wink:

sorry asperity :oops:

I see that the Savile abuse scandal as cost around £2 million so far, The Metropolitan Police Commissioner did say today

but still on the cards is that New Scotland Yards plans, will see the loss of 1,200 officers ranked sergeant or above, as well as around 3,500 members of civilian of staff.

i see that the police have charged Andrew Lancel ie corrie star ( who plays frank Foster) on not just one but five counts of sexual abuse of a child under the age of 16 years old. he says that it was allegedly took place over 20 years ago

come on its coming soon a well know children presenter is on suicdal watch ie number 4 hes old but well known to us all

Nun not guilty of indecent assault charges

on reading this story some how is not Siting right with me don’t know why ? but this story smells of some one getting a free pass.

As we all know the Irish church has never had a good back ground or record on abuse of children they ate TOP? I think the judge may need looking into as well. But she has been found not guilty and thats law so she incent of all charges

click here what do you think

When it comes to accusing nuns of sexual abuse I would view the report with a cautious mind. Those teaching nuns have a reputation of being almost tyrannical in the classroom and of not being slow to deal out physical punishments as the will took them.

I just cannot see any of them risking sexual abuse in a classroom full of children, even if they were told to sleep. I think she would have been sensible enough to know that no matter how afraid to disobey her the children were there would be one or two brave enough to open their eyes or peep out of mere curiosity and would so be able to bear witness to any wrong doing on her behalf.

I would have no difficulty in beleiving, in this day of so many revelations of historic child abuse, a small group of ex pupils, who had a strong dislike for the sister and the punishment she may (or may not) have meted out to them in her class could quite possibly get together and plot a revenge by accusing her of sexual abuse.