Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

You know what, MOST of you are like petulant little boys, constantly saying the same things over and over again. I'm waiting for someone to say "I'm taking my ball in."

I strongly object to being called a liar.

I have answered your questions truthfully and to the best of my ability.

Pink Ladies IS a lawfully run business, and it meets legal requirements, please feel free to check with the authorities.

The cars are MOT'd at an approved testing station and are serviced regularly by a reputable garage, AND we can call on them 24hrs a day if anything goes seriously wrong.

For the benefit of those of you who keep waffling on about our alledged lack of insurance, there is now a copy of the insurance certificate in every car, just so our members can be certain they are safe, and just like this forum, we'll keep going as long as we're needed, which will be for a long time.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P&P

Nobody?s calling you a liar but let?s face it you aren?t exactly being open and transparent with your answers so what do you expect? Let?s just take just one of your answers.

You said:-

-----------------------------------------------

The cars are MOT'd at an approved testing station and are serviced regularly by a reputable garage, AND we can call on them 24hrs a day if anything goes seriously wrong.

-----------------------------------------------

What I think your saying here is that your cars have a standard MOT just like mine and in fact like every other car on the road. The problem with this is that your vehicles are NOT the same as the typical family car because they?re used as ?taxis? and so are subjected to considerably higher levels of wear and tear on account of their high mileage. (100K / annum is not uncommon) :)

What I don't understand, Dismayed and Bill, is "why" the continued "Third Degree"?

It's not as if it has any affect on you personally.

Is it not up to the council(who know that they operate) to do something about it if it is illegal?

PS. If something is alleged to be untrue, is it not a lie? :wink:

You really don?t understand do you!

Let me put it this way Peter.

If some local junkie stated selling Fair Trade cocaine of the highest possible quality, environmentally packaged with free delivery would you be still asking the same question? After all with so many positive and wholesome attributes, does it really matter if just one bit of the plan is a little illegal?

For sure what they were attempting to at the outset had lots of good points but there is a serious question as to whether or not the company is running legally or not. It?s no skin off my nose Peter whether the company succeeds or fails because I have nothing to loose or gain.

What I am concerned about is that as a business man, I have to comply with rules many of which I would dearly like to be able to disregard, but I have to comply with them just like the rest of society. I think that if the company is flaunting the rules then it?s perfectly right to keep this thread going.

Anyway Peter, I?ve asked the question so let?s see what P&P has to say.

Bill :)

Bill,

I do not condone illegal activities.

I am questioning the "amount" of condemnation on "alleged" statements, when bigger things are happening that warrant action, such as the country being led into Europe and the Government(now supported by the Lib-Dems) are refusing us a referendum. The treatment of the indigenous species in the UK in comparison to people coming to this country, legally or otherwise. etc. etc.

The continued questioning of PL on the way their business is being run, (would you answer those questions on a public Forum?) pales into insignifance.

WBC are the ones to decide yea or nay, so speculation isn't really the answer.

Originally posted by Peter:

What I don't understand, Dismayed and Bill, is "why" the continued "Third Degree"?

It's not as if it has any affect on you personally.

Is it not up to the council(who know that they operate) to do something about it if it is illegal?

It's not a 'third degree' Peter it's trying to get a 'yes' we are now registered and have our plates & licences or 'no' we do not need to be registered and do not need plates & licences as we are still exempt from the new rules.

As Bill says anyone who runs their own business (or works for a business) has to abide by the rules/laws/legislation which are in place. Some are there to protect you or your customers and others are just a pain in the **** but you still have to conform.

Yes it is upto the council to sort but in the mean time members/passengers (some of which are children and friends of mine :D

[ 04.02.2008, 11:51: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

• 2 weeks later...

p and p

running on another loophole is not the way this trade works. you must be spending more on your legal team than you needed to test the cars private hire. I must only think that you can sell the franchise better without tests on the cars or lic drivers. but your idea was about saftey yet you let anyone drive without a crb and get a crb later. this is wrong no matter how you dress it up. nobody likes regs but they are there for a reason. you put the fear back into a trade that has took 20 years to get a lot better.

i think your just after a quick buck at the expence of a system and drivers who have spent a lot of investment in the trade and have been fighting for years to get it as it is today. which is a good safe system which is getting better all the time and you want to drag it back down with a no rules idea just to sell a business.

youre not bothered about the customers. if you was.you would plated, badges and be promteing the education of people of what is legal to travel (hackney or private hire) not scareing females into beleiveing most taxi drivers will jump on them

i dont see what gives you the right to say your drivers and safer than a lic driver

thank you

I must say I do find it funny when people are banging on about safety and good practice and all that when there are still taxi drivers in Warrington picking up customers in K reg Sierras and N Reg Astras...

I don't agree with the PL concept at all but surely their cars are a little more modern than some of the licensed stuff we are subjected to in town....

i agree with the the age thing . so you cant put us all in the same basket. my car at the mo cost 23000 and my last was 17000 and i change at 2 to 3 years old and never had a fail on the taxi test for about 14 years. the one ive got now is 18 months old and im looking to change in april at a cost of 26k for a single driver that a lot of investment as well of higher insurance and test fees. so when people who are unlicensed and are in effect working as "private hire" i take a dim view of them. ive offered a safe service for nearly 20 years(as safe as you be)i run sat nav with trafficmaster, take all credit cards, full incab cctv with a new car serviced every 12 weeks. so i dont class myself the same as some drivers who dont give a toss about there car, but at least a 3rd party (ie wbc) has vetted them and tested there car every 6 months

I don?t normally do this but in the absence of an answer I?ll put my point again.

What I think your saying here is that your cars have a standard MOT just like mine and in fact like every other car on the road. The problem with this is that your vehicles are NOT the same as the typical family car because they?re used as ?taxis? and so are subjected to considerably higher levels of wear and tear on account of their high mileage. (100K / annum is not uncommon)

Unless you know better that those who define the rules for public safety and bearing in mind that beneath the pink exterior is a cheap French van with windows, the rules demands that tests are more frequent and more rigorous for ?taxis? than for a standard cars.

So, cards on the table. Will you now be submitting your fleet for the same council inspections as all the other ?taxis? in the town?

Bill :)

there has been approx 1.2 million (plus interest) pounds invested by 40 hackney drivers on cabs in the past 3 1/2 years in warrington alone not to mention the p/h drivers who have changed there cars to late or new ones . so there are plenty to choose from. i think you just get the bad ones . the trade is getting better but still it takes time. thats why having a firm like pl is going backwards for everyone.

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

From what I can tell, WBC are really trying to raise the standards etc of Warrington's taxis, private hire etc. and that is a very good thing. In my opinion most reasonable people are prepared to pay a little more for higher standards.

What is it with the blue ford focus taxi cab that can be seen round the town with all sorts of weird antennas on its roof. If the the driver has that much stuff in the car to warrent all the antennas how safe can his driving be if he has to operate/talk on all those radios and are they all for talking to his taxi office?

cant see what a legal ph car on abba with a bid twig has got ot do with pink ladies running without plates and unlic drivers etc and running in effect a taxi/ph sevice. while the rest of the country (377 councils)ish have have enforcement to shut them down but warrington b c will not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!