Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it fascinating.

You have grown men wringing their hands because some women are doing what they cannot do. And the thought process is equally fascinating. We, the taxi drivers will do everything we can, to put you the Pink Ladies out of business, unless you play by our rules. (And before anyone kicks off, that is how it looks. IMO)

Reminds me of football, where an opposing player waves an imaginary red card in the hope that the referee will send the player off.

At the end of the day, que sera, sera. :wink:

It looks like this will run and run. From a purely personal point of view it doesn't bother me in the slightest being male and therefore unlikely to use the service. However I can't see why the established taxi firms are so incensed by PL doing what they're doing. If it comes down to the "what happens if there's an accident and the passenger finds there's no valid insurance" argument well, callous as this may sound, let's cross that bridge when we come to it. :wink::wink:

Its because of the cost's, why should legit PH have tp pay ?300 MOT, ?30 Badge, ?60 Medical, ?40 CRB etc when they dont?

Answer

Because if it wasn't regulated as it is anybody could jump in their car and cruise the streets.

It isnt to bad in warrington but the problems elsewhere is scary. We've all heard of the problems of Minicabs, rape and assault etc and also the problem of undeclared tax which costs us all a fortune.

Talk about missing the point.

Not trying to be a racist or anything but if this was a couple of Pakistani guys who had just set up a taxi company in the town and were openly flaunting the rules designed to protect the public, would you honestly have the same opinion? :)

[ 30.01.2008, 07:34: Message edited by: Bill ]

Not missing the point Bill, (Just fishing) :wink:

As someone who is "outside" of the circle, I and many others(no doubt) don't look at it through the taxi mentality, but as a member of Joe Public.

It's like watching David and Goliath on wheels.

The question that has been asked the last couple of days, what is happening as they are still driving round? :confused:

Originally posted by hiccy:

Its because of the cost's, why should legit PH have tp pay ?300 MOT, ?30 Badge, ?60 Medical, ?40 CRB etc when they dont?

?300 for an MOT :wink:

I'm supprised at the low cost of the badges though at ?30. Can't see why PL's don't just get theirs if that's all they are :roll:

Hello dismayed :) , Pink Ladies is a legally run business, if it wasn't it would be removed. I don't log on every night, I wish silence was golden, and I HAVE got a badge.

Hello Peter :) ,I also find it fascinating, and you echo my thoughts exactly.

Hello asperity :) , as i've said before, we are insured, the certificate is on display at all times in the office.

Hiccy, Hiccy, Hiccy :):) , if we were licensed, badged, and anything else you could think of, you would still find something to "dis" us about.

and finally

Hello Bill :) , Pink Ladies are neither taxi's or Private Hire, we are a Members Only Club, our journey's are pre-booked and pre-paid for. A new concept entirely.

Pink and Proud.

You claim to be unique but it dosen't look that way to me.

Every single company that I?m involved with offers pre booked jobs. The vast majority of these companies offer cash-less credit facilities either as a business account or by individual prepaid cards. Most will also send a lady driver if requested and there are even several driving pink vehicles.

In my experience, the only thing that makes your company unique is the refusal to accept that in reality, you are just a small ladies only private hire ?taxi? company.

In the past I?ve been involved with two other lady only taxi companies, both of which failed in their first year although to be fair, neither had the benefit of buying back assets or access to proceeds from a flawed franchise scheme.

Bill :)

Hiya Pink'n'Proud

RE your above post (an I must admit I agree with Bill's reply)

Firstly I am glad to hear that YOU have a badge... what sort is it and do all the other driver have a valid on too ?

Secondly you state that Pink Ladies is NOT a 'Private Hire' Company but members only.. and yet if you do a search for PL's most details from links found state that you ARE a 'Private Hire' Company... perhaps you need to get these changed :D

So easy questions for simple answers..

1 Are you a Private Hire Company?

2 If not What are You?

3 If answers to (1) was 'No' then please explain your type of Company and WHY the new rules in licencing etc do NOT apply to you in full please?

4 Are you licenced and insured to carry pre-booked passengers (including children) and to what extent?

5 Do you have any form of WBC licences allowing you to carry passengers as part of your business?

6 Do you have any form of other licence which allows you to carry passengers as part of your business?

7 What exemptions to the new rules/legislation do you have?

8 Are your vehicles tested regularly and to what standard ie normal MOT or further?

9 Are your vehicles tested at an approved testing station ?

10 Are your vehicles serviced regualarly and to what extent ?

11 Are they serviced by an approved service station ?

12 Is there anything else ?

I do wish PL's success though... as long as it's all done above board :D:wink:

[ 30.01.2008, 23:02: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

Originally posted by Pink'n'Proud:

Hello dismayed :) , Pink Ladies is a legally run business, if it wasn't it would be removed. I don't log on every night, I wish silence was golden, and I HAVE got a badge.

Dismayed.

She did say that she doesn't log on every night.

Perhaps she is very busy looking after her members and seeing that they get the doorstep treatment. :)

Originally posted by Peter:

Originally posted by Pink'n'Proud:

Dismayed.

She did say that she doesn't log on every night.

Perhaps she is very busy looking after her members and seeing that they get the doorstep treatment. :)

Maybe Peter but P'n'Ps comments at the time (which you quote above) were not entirely true... :wink: perhaps things may have to change in next week or so, we'll see :wink:

If anyone has real concerns about the legality of a ?taxi? then a quick call to either Trading Standards or WBC taxi enforcement should get some answers.

In fact I'd have thought that for a company claiming to be involved in news and reporting, Worldwide might have done just this instead of just printing a report that simply perpetuates rumours. :)

Originally posted by Bill:

If anyone has real concerns about the legality of a ?taxi? then a quick call to either Trading Standards or WBC taxi enforcement should Bill ... :)

Bill :D:wink:

Easy eh ...after all it's not 'rocket science' is it :wink::wink:

I still support the PL's concept/idea as I do believe they offers a good service to many people who may feel uncomfortable about using everyday taxi's, however if PL's are continually allowed to play outside of the rules (both old and new :roll: ) then others will surely follow suit..

... in which case there is no point in having any rules/ legislation in place at all is there :roll:

PinknProud may have a License herself BUT not enough of the Pink Ladies drivers do to enable them to run a business and that I believe is the main reason they dont license, the competitive advantage of not having to pay for Licenses for the Business, the cars and the drivers, and the much cheaper and less frequent MOT;s are just the icing on the cake for them.

I believe a properly Licensed car needs to be MOT'd at least twice a year and I have even seen 3 times mentioned recently ... great competitive advantage if you can avoid that one.

Like everyone else, I don?t honestly know whether or not they meet the new legal requirements.

I suspect that they haven?t been successful otherwise I reckon there would have been a whole load of hype and press activity because if you remember, these people are not exactly backwards at coming forward when it comes to press coverage.

Dismayed

Yes I absolutely agree. When you look at all of the problems in society today, they probably all stem from a basic lack of respect for rules and it saddens me to see a what should be a professional business doing just this.

Bill :)