Pink Ladies Taxis

LaurenM

Hi, i'm researching the taxi firm that's started operating in Warrington, Pink Ladies, for a university project.

I'm not from Warrington myself so I wondered what local opinion is about the idea. Do you see the taxi's around often? Are they eye-catching or an eye-sore?

Has anyone here used them? If so what did you think of the service?

I'd like to hear any comments/opinions you have about the taxi's.

Thanks!

Lauren

[ 12.12.2006, 12:02: Message edited by: Gary ]

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a member and would highly recommend them - they are proving very popular though rather pathetic rumours have been started by other Warrington firms saying otherwise :roll:

Its not only the fact that they are women only but the cars are lovely and clean!!!! and the staff are gems, very polite and kind. I really didn't enjoy getting taxis before but now I quite look forward to it.

They have a web site you could visit:

www.pinkladiesmembers.co.uk

i have seen the taxis around quite a bit. they do stand out and are no more an eysore than some of the odder coloured cars on the road today.

i hope they do well and managed to get enough drivers to cover commitments as i have been told something similar was tried in the past and they got so popular that they could not cope and then got a bad reputation.

i think anything that makes the passenger feel safe when travelling by taxi is a good thing.

A friend of ours came to our house in one yesterday and booked the return trip.

The taxi, not only turned up on time but the driver also came to the door, rang the bell and waited to walk to the taxi with the customer.

Any other taxi, will park outside, beep the horn and do a runner if you are not outside within seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only seen one of their cabs once. It looked OK, but so do other taxis in town.

I have reservations. Firstly, I was not keen the way they introduced their service by referring to the number of women who had been assaulted, etc when using taxis. So far as I am aware, there have been no incidents of this nature in Warrington so their advertising campaign was something of a slur on other taxi firms.

Secondly, it strikes me that the really determined rapist/mugger, etc in Warrington now knows that if he sees a pink cab late at night it will be driven by a woman and will only be carrying women. He has only to follow it and sooner or later he will find a woman on her own.

Several women I know have said they would not use the service for this reason.

The concept is not new, but long over due in Warrington. Super idea, super cars, super service.

Men can use them as well. You will always find them at the supermarkets picking up the ladies and their shopping.

A lot of the other taxi's and private hire cars in town are sheds, with smelly ignorant drivers.

Originally posted by Geoff Settle:

I feel that a lot of this is down to perception; this leads to fear and stops women from going out and about.

That is true Geoff, in this and many other aspects of our lives, but as is said, a person's perception is their reality, and it tends to be the problems and trouble that makes the headlines. That being said, women do need to be careful if they are by themselves as there are some "nutters" about.

With regards to the Pink Ladies Taxis, it is a market economy, if they are offering something women want, they will succeed, if not they won't.

Good luck to them, that is what I say.

[ 02.12.2005, 07:16: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

I was being driven past a stationary taxi a couple of weeks back, that had no smoking stickers on the windows.

And guess what?

The driver was sat there smoking.

Unless it is a cab with a partition that smell is going to permeate the rest of the vehicle.

Another point about the Pink Ladies, is that they don't tout for business and it is by appointment only. This must help towards reducing potential problems.

[ 02.12.2005, 08:49: Message edited by: Peter ]

Glad to hear it but the reasearch topic is

Hi, i'm researching the taxi firm that's started operating in Warrington, Pink Ladies, for a university project.

so you need to clarify what is happening in Pink taxis and what is happening in others so that a contrast can be made by the the researcher.

I wonder what the accident rate is for Pink Ladies as against those of other firms. I haven't been hit yet by a Pink Taxi but I have had two taxis crash into me over the years.

Are the Pink Taxis on time compared to any other ones?

How quick are they to respond?

[ 03.12.2005, 13:12: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

As I drove my Daughter to gym today we were discussing how she could get there for a competition when I am busy in a few weeks time.

She is thinking about getting two busses but as she finishes a dance studio in Padgate and then only has a few minutes to get to the gym she's thinking about using the Pink Taxis.

What I didn't relaise is that you have to sign up as a memeber and must be over 16 is this correct?

I'm glad most people agree that Pink Ladies is a great idea, according to my research, around 12 women a month are attacked as a result of illegal taxi's. I think anything that might help to reduce this figure has to be a good thing.

I've been in contact with one of the founders, they're doing really well and already have plans to expand. I can't wait until they come to my area!

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Geoff,

I'm happy to say that I've been a member of Pink Ladies for a few weeks now and am very happy with their service. Men are NOT allowed under ANY circumstances; Pink Lady drivers do NOT smoke on duty;The drivers wait until the passenger gets into her home safely before she drives off, and LOCKS ALL the cab doors before driving off; the passenger doesn't need to carry cash as they accept bank cards, and some people do as I have done - paid a certain amount (the amount is up to the passenger) up front; They turn up ON TIME-unlike other taxi firms, the cabs are very clean and tidy, the drivers are pleasant, helpful, will ALWAYS take the shortest route from A to B, they are all fitted with a Satnav so fares there and back are exactly the same to the penny! (Unknown up till now!!)

I can't praise them enough, I can only say that my family and friends have joined Pink Ladies after they have seen how pleased I am with them. :D