Germany v England.

observer

Some interesting stats appearing about both Countries footy history, but the one that I found interesting and possibly accounts for Germany's consistency in the World Cup is; that their domestic footy structures appear to prioritise the National Team above their Clubs; more national player development is promoted and less use of "foreign" players in their domestic leagues allowed . :?

A couple of my mates put things into perspective for me last week concerning the England team.

We have got lads coming back from Iraq. Some in coffins and some minus arms and legs. They get spat at by demonstrators at the airports, and told not to wear their uniforms so as not to antagonise them. These brave lads are lying down their lives for this country and all for a FRACTION of the pay what these precious footballers get.

I have only one message for the England team. Get to the changing rooms, get a shower, get your bags packed, clear off home, and for goodness sake??? MAN YOURSELVES UP!

We have got lads coming back from Iraq. Some in coffins and some minus arms and legs. They get spat at by demonstrators at the airports, and told not to wear their uniforms so as not to antagonise them. These brave lads are lying down their lives for this country and all for a FRACTION of the pay what these precious footballers get.

I agree with most of that but what has it got to do with the World Cup.

Get real England!

England were lucky to qualify out of their group, the goal against Slovenia was blasted straight at the goalie and was an own goal. The problem with the England players is that they believe the hype they read and hear on TV, radio and in the news papers on how good and what world beaters they are. They may be some of the richest players in the world, but I have seen in this World Cup far superior players and teams who are not household names.

The team is full of individuals who are not that skillful and do not play as a unit, maybe the England manager should take players from the Championship who have not got the pressure of a celebrity lifestyle and too busy to play football because they have a product to endorse or appear on a chat show. I am sure the players in the championship are has every bit as skillful and the premier teams and earn a lot less too.

It is only correct that the English fans support there own team, but the fans and the media let them selves down by taking every chance they can to insult and be disrespectful to the opposing team. This seems to only happen in football and not in other sports such as rugby, cricket etc

Get real England!

England were lucky to qualify out of their group,

I lost interest after that nonsense.

Have to agree with SueD, England were crap and very fortunate to come second in the group. However they can only improve .............................................. can't they?

Not much good just saying that England were cr*p, you have to ask why they were cr*p.

Here are a few reasons,

Too much money sloshing around the Premier League, and not feeding down to the grass roots football where the new talent is found.

Too many overseas players in the leagues, stopping the development of homegrown talent.

The inability of any England players to control a ball, and then pass it to another England player.

All the talent coached out of any youngsters so they fit into a system.

Too much football played by the top players.

The FA still living in the past and requiring a complete rethink of the structure of football.

Thoughts?

Did anyone seriously expect them to win :lol::lol:

It was painfull to watch even for someone like me who doesn't usually watch footy. They were indeed CRAP and have been all the way through :roll:

Shirt swapping was the only decent moment in it and even then it has to be said that many of the other teams are still well ahead in those 'talent' stakes too :lol::wink:

Get real England!

England were lucky to qualify out of their group,

I lost interest after that nonsense.

Seriously? They beat the smallest nation in the competition, and were very lucky to get out of the group. Astounding that you could think otherwise, but then that is exactly what is wrong with English football, you think you're Brazil, but actually you're Switzerland.

Yes seriously, England are rubbish as were the other teams in the group, luck had nothing to do with it.

England got what they deserved against Germany, the daft "goal" was unlucky but it made no difference to the result.

My hackles were raised by the stupid statement "Get real England", which is a typical comment that creeps out of the woodwork during every competition usually from a knowall who knows nowt. In my opinion of course.

Interesting phraseology, "there is a lot wrong with English football", I have never said anything to the contrary but why would I think I am Brazil or Switzerland?

My hackles were raised by the stupid statement "Get real England", which is a typical comment that creeps out of the woodwork during every competition usually from a knowall who knows nowt. In my opinion of course.

Reading your comment Eagle, sounds like you agree with me.

My commenty was written before the German game and was proved right! :wink:

Yes seriously, England are rubbish as were the other teams in the group, luck had nothing to do with it.

England got what they deserved against Germany, the daft "goal" was unlucky but it made no difference to the result.

Interesting phraseology, "there is a lot wrong with English football", I have never said anything to the contrary but why would I think I am Brazil or Switzerland?

Seems that phrase has far more base in reality, than the comments which rather than creep out of the woodwork, are absolutely everywhere, ie. England can win it.

There is no possible justification for those opinions, but still they get peddled. England have won one international trophy ever, and that was based on playing every game on the same ground (never been done before or since), and with the help of a blind Russian linesman.

Conspiracy theory?

May be the world?s press and other footballing nations etc, say and write things about the English players, to make them better then what they are, so that the English manager will pick them only so to give them a beating and an easy qualification to the next round of the tournament?

I think Franz Beckenbauer gave Capello and his team a helpful hint about his football style (kick and rush), but he did not listen.