Shopping in Warrington

Lucy

Over the last few weeks I have been meeting a friend who lives in Altrincham and doing my shopping at the Sainsbury store there. No problems! This week I go to Sainsbury in Warrington and find that quite a few of the items I have been purchasing in Altrincham are not stocked. Why not? I am sure the Warrington store is the bigger.

Is it that the Sainsbury management think Warrington people don't deserve the full range of products? Could it be that we don't buy enough of the, perhaps, more unusual products? If we don't, why don't we?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy, what did they say at the customer services desk?

In my experience, this isn't unusual.

Why would a store stock an item that might sell elsewhere, but not in Warrington?

You could always go online, access their website and ask the question.

I thnk that these days, all the stores are inconsistent, so it pays to shop around and tell the rest of us what is good and what isn't.

The bottom line, is to raise the matter with the store concerned. How else will they know that people are unhappy?

I thank you all for your advice. But I don't want to shop online. If too many people do, what will happen to all these huge stores they have built?

Nor do I want to "shop around". If you have to travel even a couple of miles out of your way to visit a particular store you wipe out any savings you might make in travel expenses.

Normally I shop in Lymm - walking to the very ordinary supermarket and putting up with the lack of choice. Then, when I happen to be passing a bigger supermarket I nip in and stock up on the more difficult to obtain items. At the moment the Lymm store is closed for a refit.

Just in case anyone thinks I am seeking really outlandish items, I don't think anyone could described PG Tips decafinated tea bags as a rarity. But even the big stores seem to think if they have one brand of decaf its all they need to stock.

What I can't understand is..why do supermakets to their own brand of something e.g. Tesco Soft Cheese, then have Tesco Super Value Soft Cheese, then have Tesco bargain basement soft cheese, why don't they make just the one soft cheese, it must be cheaper to make one product than 3 versions of the same, thus saving on packaging, production and shelf space...it really makes me boil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Boiled Cheese

Take a piece of the best English cheddar, and melt it. Add a tablespoonful of white sauce made with 1 oz. butter, 1 oz. flour and 1/2 pt milk, all well cooked. Serve in dish with lamp under it. Eat with dry toast.

I've tried it but the batteries didn't last long in the lamp. :wink:

What I can't understand is..why do supermakets to their own brand of something e.g. Tesco Soft Cheese, then have Tesco Super Value Soft Cheese, then have Tesco bargain basement soft cheese, why don't they make just the one soft cheese, it must be cheaper to make one product than 3 versions of the same, thus saving on packaging, production and shelf space...it really makes me boil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

They probably just change the packaging, thinking(rightly) that the gullible public won't notice.

Just in case anyone thinks I am seeking really outlandish items, I don't think anyone could described PG Tips decafinated tea bags as a rarity. But even the big stores seem to think if they have one brand of decaf its all they need to stock.

As said above, it probably just sells badly in that store, so they only stock the one brand.