August Bank Holiday

Adam

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Cash in' they both have but in the process totally (except for you and your green deere) lost the goodwill and respect of their neighbours (and some previous friends!) by forcing upon them an event they don't want and which infringes upon their human rights - nothing to do with jealousy. As for farming being 'rock bottom' at present time ?? has any farmer ever said it is ever anything else ?? Over last 12 months agricultural land values have escalated and farmers are out bidding hobby farmers and 'beat the inheritance tax' buyers - maybe a bad harvest time this year but grain prices have rocketed - 'rock bottom' you are way off reality Deary !

Infact grain prices have fallen ?70 a tonne. Now at ?120. Fertilizer has gone from ?156 a tonne to ?656 a tonne. So obviously not working out that well. And of course the cost of a ?80,000 Green machine at ?22.50 per hour to run doesn't help either. As for respect of your neighbours, if you don't look after yourself, nobody else is going to do it for you!

So you can see the situation the 2 owners are in?

even though it's actually in Warrington according to the festival postcode Rolling Eyes

All of Runcorn & Widnes has a Warrington postcode. :roll::roll:

Oops sorry my mistake :oops:

But surely that means that the money should be split equally then as we are all 'one' :wink:

Dismayed

I assume from this that you believe to be greedy is normal?

No I don't :?

But I'll ask my earlier question again Adam... but this time just to you.

Question.... if you had a large empty field and the chance of a rather large payout for 3 days use what would you do ?

Honest answer please 8)

The two owners of the 150 or so acres ofDaresbury and Walton land used for Creamfields have both inherited their assets and could sell up tomorrow and live comfortably. If I was in their fortunate position and wanted to retain my land and lifestyle I would follow the example of others in the area and rent out the land for some 40 horses and be satisfied with a nice little earner of say ?1000 per week. I would have to be really in dire straits to take the ?250k rumoured to be paid by Creamfields and have to endure the wrath of a small close knit rural community I have belonged in for over 50 years. Actually, now knowing just how much the two land owners have become despised in the three local villages over the last two years I would sell the land before doing that.

Well Deary, if I had been gifted these green acres, as the two Creamfields concert site landowners have, I would not feel too aggrieved at letting the tax man have half of my well gotten gains - or isn't it 40% he would want - and if I kept it and gifted it to the next in line I guess as agricultural land it would be 100% proof free of the dreaded Inheritance Tax - I think I could feel quite smug over all the things my taxes might go towards - schools, hospitals. tanks and helicopers etc etc. I might actually be able to have a pint in my local again without the 'peasants' hissing and booing me out - oh to be in England ......!! Will you be attending the post mortem in the Walton Community Hall this eve ?? I am otherwise engaged so sending the better half.

Dismayed.

To be honest I do not know what I would do. But I do know what I would NOT do. I would not allow the land to be used for a pop music festival or anything else that attracted the dregs of society.

What even for ?250k :shock: You must be loaded to say you'd say 'NO' to that :shock:

When you think about the number of people attending it did seem to go quite smoothly really with hardly any trouble which was rather supprising :?

As for dregs of society.... I'm sure there were a lot of nice people there too :D

I don't think the proprietors of the Walton Arms share your view Deary - call in for a pint and ask them how their Bank Holiday weekend was - from the catalogue of incidents listed at last night's post mortem meeting in a packed community hall the 'Dregs of Society' seem to have met up in Walton village on their way to the gig Saturday and on their way home Monday.

Well of course there is going to be an issue or two. And this list of issues is of course going to be blown out of proportion by the angry residents in the area. Fair enough, I do have sympathy for them don't get me wrong. But to be fair exaggerated response aren't going to make the concert disappear, well of course its the 2 day camping event next year also ...

I don't live anywhere near the Creamfield site, nor would I consider going to it but whilst I do think that some of the local residents may have felt they were living in a state of seige over the weekend, I can't help thinking it's a bit of a NIMBY issue.

The concert lasted for 3 days (I think) & I wonder how many of these locals happily tripped off to Wilderspool every other weekend causing the local householders endless ammounts of aggravation. Equally, being a rural area, many of the locals will drive each day to a school, again causing these locals to feel they are in a seige every weekday morning & afternoon.

Saying all that, if you are going to hold a rock festival you are going to get endless problems of litter, noise & crime - unfortunately it DOES go with the occassion

Dismayed

If you have a son young enough to appreciate the noise made at Creamfields and you have leopard print wellies, you are far too young to remember real music! :lol:

The wellies were cheap and were bought as a necessity rather than a fashion statement :wink::lol: I tend not to wear them with skimpy shorts and bikini tops as that's a bit odd for anyone just over the age of 21 like me 8)

If there was a ever a Cremfields for 'real' music though I'd be first in the queue for a ticket... maybe one day eh :D