August Bank Holiday

Adam

Could hear it from 7.30pm onwards and I still think it must have been very very loud for those who live closer but I guess not from what you say... how weird.

Spoke to a couple of Hatton residents this morning, no problems with noise at all. Here where I am in Appleton , no noise at all, not even when we were in bed last night, previous year there were the bass tones.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you had your shorts, see through mac and brightly coloured wellies on Paul :D:P

Strange new fashion springing up and we even saw a chap wearing a dress walking down Walton Drag (appropriately named it seems) :shock::lol::lol:

Can't hear it at all today :cry: Guess it was the main stage I could hear last night.

Strong SE winds Saturday night and Sunday morning carried high levels of sound towards Moore and Higher Walton and opposite effect to 2006/7 when normal prevailing westerly winds meant Hatton and Appleton heard more of the noise. Traffic management plans were not put into place in several areas - has taken over 24 hrs of constant complaining to the liaison hot line to resolve a ridiculous situation of country lane closed at one end but no signs of closure or access only at other end - hence motorists having to constantly turn round and a wasted half mile journey - and at today's fuel prices !! the necessary signs only put in place 3.30 p.m this afternoon. Plenty of Towaway signs on the roads but does not seem to apply to a butty bar operating on Council's A56 grass verge outside Holly Hedge Farm.

Ever though of becomeing a weather reporter Pedro :D:P

I couldn't hear it here Sunday day time but Sunday night from abot 6.30 onwards it definately got louder and clearer again as the night progressed. Could hear the drums, bass, gutars and 'Oooh Oohh Ahhh Ahhh backing singers (or tapes :wink: ) really clear on Sunday. Still couldn't figure out the other lyrics though :lol:

Towaway signs were understandable on the annoying single lane carriage way but I cant see what your problem is with the butty bar near Holly Hedge Farm. So what.... people do have to eat. Full breakfast cooked by someone else in a large tray for a fiver sounded good to me :D

Dismayed - have weather vane which has its uses - Supposedly enough grub, booze and water for the 39,999 revellers, including 20000 campers, inside the arena and organisers were supposed to stamp out any temporary sales set ups trying to cash in outside of the event. One unlicensed butty bar allowed to trade by A56 this year could result in half a dozen or more next year - while half a dozen pubs closest to the arena and three village shops have no increased trade from the event.

Paul - I take your point over policing costs and payment of tax but my argument is that Creamfields are not paying for the many hours of police and local authortity officers' time PRIOR to this last weekend - this type of profit making entertainment should involve FULL recovery of costs from the organisers, less, in the case of Halton Council the ?1800 or so Licence fee - craftily minimised by limiting the maximum attendance to 39,999 instead of 40,000 !! was anyone counting ??

Wow ! ?55k to Halton and they only have 55% of main concert arena. No idea licence fee was so much - maybe I am getting confused with application fee. Have Halton shared any of the fee with WBC over last two years ?? I know the three parish councils of Hatton, Walton and Daresbury equally share Cream's ?10k annual 'handout' which is supposed to be compensation for inconvenience of the residents closest to the site - unfortunately the PCs don't interpret things this way - well not over the last two years. Good luck with your pursuit of a share from Halton but I am not holding my breath !!

Wow ! ?55k to Halton and they only have 55% of main concert arena.

Nothing to do with percentages.

Halton Borough Council is the Licensing Authority and as such it is their responsibility (not WBC) to initiate consultations with local elected members and the Parish Councils within the area.

You are quite correct KeithR - but it does not mean Warrington Council and the Parish Councils of Walton and Hatton have had no involvement and costs which in my view should be claimed from tCreamfields, as should all police costs from the 'months of pre planning' given that all policing over the weekend of the event are said to be paid by Cteamfields. My surprise at the ?55k licence fee is that it should have more than covered Halton Council's costs.

I wonder how many extra police are deployed to deal with the annual open air concert by the Halle Orchestra in Tatton Park? Do they search participants for knives and drugs? Are road closures, etc, necessary?

If not, can anyone suggest why?

The concert, I understand, also includes a firework display and, as we all know, fireworks can be dangerous. When they perform the 1812 Overture, it also involves firing a cannon on stage which must be quite hazardous. Surely emergency services are needed!

Point taken Adam but without wanting to sound rude to either side of the party going fence ......

Creamfields is more of a 'rave' than an 'orchestral' musical event and as such possibly attracts a differerent type audience :wink:

But having never been to the Halle Orchestra concert at Tatton I may of course be wrong in which case then 'yes' the same knife and drugs checks should be in place there too.

I'm sure the emergency services are on hand at Tatton too though incase someone burns their hands on a sparkler or chokes on their strawberries and champaign :lol:

I wonder how many extra police are deployed to deal with the annual open air concert by the Halle Orchestra in Tatton Park? Do they search participants for knives and drugs? Are road closures, etc, necessary?

If not, can anyone suggest why?

The concert, I understand, also includes a firework display and, as we all know, fireworks can be dangerous. When they perform the 1812 Overture, it also involves firing a cannon on stage which must be quite hazardous. Surely emergency services are needed!

Adam - I worked in the events and functions dept at Tatton for a number of years and ALL safety precautions regarding the fireworks are taken ..... in fact consultation has to take place with Manchester airport as to the timing of them as it's on the immediate 'take off/ landing' flight path. The fireworks are strategically planned to be released from the main Tatton mere and thus any remains also descend into the mere :wink: never ever seen an ounce of trouble there :wink:

Of course Creamfields attracts a different type of audience. That IS the point.

What I am saying is: Do we want these mindless, depraved hooligans invading the Warrington area every year? OK, I know we have plenty of mindless depraved hooligans in Warrington, but do we want MORE of them coming in from other areas.

What surprises me is that Lord Daresbury is prepared to tolerate them on his land. I know he gets paid, but for God's sake, he can't be that hard up.

Yes, Tony, I am sure the safety precautions at Tatton are excellent.

I wish I could be so sure of what is done at Creamfields.

But I haven't much confidence in a police force which says there were no major incidents and that there was a "good natured crowd" yet at the same time arrested 24 people, cautions a further 88 and issued 29 more street cautions.

I am also not happy about drugs and weapons "amnesty bins" when we are not told how many weapons and how much (and what kind of) drugs were in fact placed in these bins.

It's a pity that after years of free education in this country the sort of yob that attends so-called "music" festivals like this have to exist at all, never mind come despoiling the countryside around here. But I suppose there will always be people who cannot, or will not, be educated. Unfortunately they are still not in a minority.

Point 1. Have you written to Lord Daresbury voicing your concerns?

Point 2. Have you written to Halton Borough Council voicing your concerns?

Point 3. Why do you assume that everyone who attends Creamfields is either mindless, depraved, a hooligan or a yob.?????? :roll::roll:

That's like saying all scousers are car thieves and/or on benefit :roll::wink:

To be honest 141 people out of 39,999 isn't that bad, its something like 3%. I would think more arrests and cautions are made on Bridge Street over a weekend. Can i also make the point that Farming in this country is rock bottom, input costs are up 370% this year and output is down 30%, so diversification for the Landowners is a MUST, however if the landowners in question were to say no to diversification and increase the price of food then you would moan aswell - so there is no winning!

Finally, I am educated, I attended the concert and found it very good!

Wolfie

I have stated on previous occasions that I personally don't live within earshot of the Daresbury site so there would be little point in me writing to either Lord D or Halton. I simply feel for the people who DO live there.

Your third point: I make the assumption because I don't believe the people would be there if they didn't fit my description!

D3ere

I don't disagree with you about Bridge Street. In fact, I believe any decent person would avoid Warrington town centre at night. If they are there they are, as far as I am concerned, they are at the very least reckless and more likely undesirable. Birds of a feather...

As far as the number of arrests, etc., compared to the number present, we should not accept anything less than zero. Which I suspect is the figure they have at the Halle concerts at Tatton.

As to you being at Creamfields and being educated. Perhaps I should make it clear I am talking about "musical education". If you are like the sort of music they play you are a musical illiterate!

As for diversification by farmers, I am sure there are many, many more socially acceptable ways of doing it.

Eagle

I like it!

Ah, that number work didn't work in my favour (I suppose private education doesn't make much difference afterall) - thats what we employ accountants for isn't it? :)

As for the music, each to thier own.

From the landowners point of view, its so easy - sit back, do nothing, cash the cheque and get some free VIP tickets! Whats not acceptable about that?

If you were in the position what would you do?

If I was in this particular landowner's position I would ban all future similar events and live in peace with my neighbours. And if I was offered free tickets it would strengthen my resolve to do just that!

Anyway, I don't accept the existence of VIP tickets for an event of this nature. VIPs keep away!

Each to their own music of course - but just don't try to pretend you are making an educated choice.

Wolfie

I have stated on previous occasions that I personally don't live within earshot of the Daresbury site so there would be little point in me writing to either Lord D or Halton. I simply feel for the people who DO live there.

You could write with the emphasis on the point that you make. ie

Do we want these mindless, depraved hooligans invading the Warrington area every year? OK
:roll::roll:

That has nothing to do with living within earshot :?

If the farmer has any sense, he will do what that Galstobury farmer did..... keep banking the cheques for a few years and then bugger off somewhere hot for 11 months of the year and come back in time to cash the next cheque.

Sod the neighbours.... they don't pay the bills is his attitude!

Question.... if you had a large empty field and the chance of a rather large payout for 3 days use what would you all do. I'd say thanks :D

As much as I don't think that events like Creamfields should be held in residential areas it would be very hard indeed for any normal person to refuse such an offering.

But then again isn't this land owned by the wealthy Lord Darsbury so surely he could hand the dosh over for causes within the local communities etc :D:shock:

Who's CJ :?

Problem with Creamfields is that Halton Council run the show so to speak. They have most of the say in approving the licence and giving the go ahead and get their large chunk of money.

Warrington and local Warrington Parish Councils get to have their say to a certain extent although I doubt that it has much clout even though it's actually in Warrington according to the festival postcode :roll:

And at the end of the day it is Warrington residents who probably bear the brunt of the traffic misery, disruption and noise.

But then again traffic misery is normal in Warrington these days :shock:

Final question..... who actually pays for all the extra policing and road management etc at the event..... Halton or Warrington or Both :?::?: