The bame game...

Davy51

I give up with the increasing use of these silly acronyms. Maybe it’s old age, I’m sure I knew what BAME stood for at one time. I see LGBT now has a Q on the end of it what’s that all about?

I think it should be made illegal to use weird acronyms in any text without first explaining it’s meaning and that way I might be able to understand some of the postings here a bit better.

Bill 😊

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I give up with the increasing use of these silly acronyms. Maybe it’s old age, I’m sure I knew what BAME stood for at one time. I see LGBT now has a Q on the end of it what’s that all about?

3 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Probably go back to the usual standby of global warming climate change or save the Wales.....🤔......Whales.....🤭

1 hour ago, Davy51 said:

Do acronyms count in scrabble these woke days Bill ? At least we can possibly  get rid of some of those pesky letters that don't fit anywhere.

Bill 😊

On 3/30/2021 at 11:41 AM, Latchford Locks said:

Anti Fracking / Anti smacking / Anti drinking/Anti anything that people enjoy eating  and Barbie Dolls banned from sale until she comes out !!!! 

The list is endless for these meddling nuisances :-(

See the source image

See the source image

These meddlers just need to lighten up and try to see the funny side of life.. they will feel much better for it 

Was reading where they are cutting down trees to turn the land back to bog land as the bog stores more carbon than trees.

Not too long back they were advocating planting trees to offset carbon,now they are cutting them down for the same reason......🤭🤭

WOKE that's another one Davy, I'm sure I looked it up once but I've slept since then. :) 

the London woke brigade are cheering Lammie

Obs just said this and I haven't got a clue what it means or what he's on about. I assume Lammie is a person but but it's anyone's guess. 

I had a great view of the space station going over last night at about 8.30. Why we cant just call it the space station I don't know, it's not like there are loads of them up there. 

Bill :)  

Didn’t we once have a campaign to try and get stuff put into plain English so that people wouldn’t struggle so much trying to understand things? I’m sure we did, and that probably had a bloody acronym as well. As for Lammie, I’d bet that 95% of people wouldn’t have a clue who that is, I wasn’t even sure it was a person or some farmyard cartoon character. 😊

Bill 😊

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Didn’t we once have a campaign to try and get stuff put into plain English so that people wouldn’t struggle so much trying to understand things? I’m sure we did, and that probably had a bloody acronym as well. As for Lammie, I’d bet that 95% of people wouldn’t have a clue who that is, I wasn’t even sure it was a person or some farmyard cartoon character. 😊

Bill 😊

The Plain English Campaign is still going strong Plain English Campaign, and its logo of a stylised crystal can be seen on many government publications. I don't think it does have an acronym, thank goodness.

My favourite Lammie incident was when he was filmed opining about never seeing any police in that area any more with a police man walking up behind him. (David Lammy bemoans lack of police while metres away from an officer (inews.co.uk)) The man is a buffoon.

With all these different categories & other preferences for matters of the flesh ,i think maybe we straights are in the minority these days  & may need a group of our own. Who will champion our cause ? Who will fight for our right to our own tick box on a government claim form ?

• Haha 2