The end of the Full English ?

observer

A bacon butty never killed anyone and worrying about stuff like this is probably far more harmful.

I turned 65 the other week and I'm still relatively healthy despite having eaten just about everything that the reports say should have killed me off long ago.

Bill :)  

A bacon butty never killed anyone and worrying about stuff like this is probably far more harmful.

I turned 65 the other week and I'm still relatively healthy despite having eaten just about everything that the reports say should have killed me off long ago.

That's true....my grandad was 90 odd when he died, he served in WW1, smoked since he was a kid, ate sheeps heads and god knows what else and walked to the pub every night for a few sherberts....and still had a full head of black hair the day he died.... I'm banking on a long innings then :)

That's true....my grandad was 90 odd when he died, he served in WW1, smoked since he was a kid, ate sheeps heads and god knows what else and walked to the pub every night for a few sherberts....and still had a full head of black hair the day he died.... I'm banking on a long innings then :)

Glad to here that, I will carry on going to the pub, and eat a few bacon arms then 8)

According to the health experts on the breakfast show this morning, it's not the bacon or sausages that give cause for concern but the overcooking process that blackens the meat. 

I always go by what my old dad used to say. "When it's brown it's done but when it's black it's buggered!"  :lol:

Tried being veggie for two weeks in support of my daughters, one veggie the other vegan.

I have decided I enjoy meat too much not to eat it - but tried and have a balanced diet.

I am sure the pollution we breathe in on a daily basis does us more harm than most things we eat!

It seems to me that some of these researchers are short of something meaningful to hang their collective hat on & no doubt their findings will be debunked in the long term.

No doubt their recommended advice will be to source something "healthy"  from 3rd world disease ravaged countries.From the very first humans ,meat in whatever form has been on our menu.

Are you really Dizzy! I didn't realise. How long did it take for your flying saucer to get here from Vega? :lol: :lol:

I'm not one really Asp I was just teasing after Baz said they were boring people.  I'd just finished a yummie bacon buttie with brown sauce on too :lol:  

Bit late at night I know but I'd not had time for my tea.

According to the health experts on the breakfast show this morning, it's not the bacon or sausages that give cause for concern but the overcooking process that blackens the meat. 

I always go by what my old dad used to say. "When it's brown it's done but when it's black it's buggered!"  :lol:

Well that's me buggered then cos I over cook everything.

It is about time that we stopped funding these scientists, who are after all researching the blindingly obvious in many cases

They get millions of pounds to study the effects of sugar on people.... OK, lots of it aint good for you and too much will rot your teeth

Fats, too much = bad.... moderation = OK

Need I go on?

It is about time that we stopped funding these scientists, who are after all researching the blindingly obvious in many cases

They get millions of pounds to study the effects of sugar on people.... OK, lots of it aint good for you and too much will rot your teeth

Fats, too much = bad.... moderation = OK

Need I go on?

Yes, which fats and sugars do you mean , there are so many;)

Careful crossing the road Baz!. :wink: