Syrian immigrants

Egbert

PJ

The West got rid of Gaddafi, the Country has since split into two separate Countries non of which is stable, The west also got rid of Saddam, look at the shit tip that Countries in, all three Counties would still be stable if we had left alone. I agree not a perfect solution but it's one that works, and would stabilise the Country.

Errm nope; the solution in Syria is to eradicate ISIL and any other fundamentalist opposition. Meanwhile, properly supporting refugee camps in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon, to ensure civilian safety and wellbeing. When the current infestation is finally eradicated, politics and diplomacy may have a chance; and the Russians have already said, that Assad (the legally elected President) isn't essential to such a process.

But every day Assad is bombing his people and creating the exodus from Syria, iIS are adding to it. Russia are bombing the Kurds and the Free Syrian Army etc. . The lace is a mess and we were there at the start. I am however all for supporting better living conditions in the refugee camps and am happy to see that you wish to send much more money and resources that requires

I really don't see why Britain should get involved with any civil unrest in Syria.

As Ob's said;

"Assad is the elected Leader of Syria; probably a tyrant to some and even a war criminal;"

We had Tony Blair and now have David Cameron, both of whom fit the same above description.  Whose rushing in to save us?

I think we have enough to cope with without interfering in other countries leadership battles.

The troubles would never have started and would stop immediately if all interfering countries would stop supplying arms.

All this sh*te about humanitarian concern is entirely hypocritical.

All countries involved seem to be just furthering their own selfish aims. The yanks being I think the worst of the lot with their involvement being motivated by pure greed. Britain's involvement seems to be merely to aid the yanks pursuit of greed as I doubt any of the expected spoils of war are destined to come here (other than into private hands).   The British are just the DH's that are expected to take the terrorist attacks and the asylum seekers).

Part of Russia's motive being self protection makes it at least understandable.  

Turkey's involvement is nothing other than despicable; illegal buying of Syrian oil - which plays a great part in funding ISIS weapons is done on Turkish soil.

There is also their sick attempts to create an 'immigrant industry' via funding from the EU to set up 'asylum seekers' camps.

(There's a country that should NEVER be allowed to join the EU).

And there's so many other countries also with their fingers in the pot - what a horrible world we live in! 

Which out of the many opposition forces do you support, and wgphat would you do about the others PJ. All nice and good for you to sit and make profound glib statements, but you are sadly lacking on substance

I don't pretend to know enough about the situation to be able to solve it, well certainly not enough to suggest genocide as a solution. Now that's glib

So PJ your happy to pure scorn, but not putting in anything into the debate yourself, why post in this thread? You have nothing to offer, I would be interested in any ideas you have.

I stick with my idea, and stay with Assad, as it certainly better than the nothing you have come up with PJ, one thing I do know about the Middle East is their are no easy answers. There will be no happy ever after for a lot of Syrians who ever eventually wins, one thing we can do for them is end the war quickly, and sadly that means sticking them with a dictator, but a dictator who up until the Soudi's started arming opposition to him had kept a lid on radical Islam in the country.

Kyje, I know the same as you, the stuff we are being fed, the difference is I refuse to pretend I know all the answers. I don't and nor does Putin, Obama and Assad let alone some no mark on a local forum. Killing all opposition to Assad means killing millions of people

Obs is right the Russians are not bombing the Curds its the Turks that are doing that, I cannot understand why you are posting on the thread as you clearly know next to nothing about the situation in the Country, and your ignorance on the subject is clearly letting you down.

Please, as I am so ignorant, explain to me exactly what is going and where and by whom and how often and to what effect.  As you are so knowledgeable on the subject it should be simple.

I to am in favour of better living conditions in the camps, but have you seen just how opposition is divided when it comes to Assad, the free Syrian army is the one backed baby the west, but there are many others who will start fighting each other as soon as Assad goes

So you are in favour of allowing the people to be bombed into oblivion yet hypocritical enough to think it ok to reward those who escape the barrel bombs with better conditions to salve your filthy conscience  

I doubt ISIL would have flourished with Saddam still in power. No middle of the road for that man who had no enemies still alive in Iraq. You either supported him or were against him & it was healthier to support him.

and I bet you said that at the time, Saddam is a good man lol.  ps  you are just guessing

I think that once the fact it is proven that IS, ISIL ISIS< Islamic State (or the "so called" Islamic State as Sky always seem to refer to it as) or whatever they are called this week blew up that Russian passenger plane, the Russians will just bomb everone.

It is a sad state of affairs that the entire western alliance as well as the Mexicans and Australians who have all suffered at the hands of this death cult (another Sky cliche) can't take out a bunch of rag tag wannabe soldiers mostly made up of western born it geeks and former Tesco shelf stackers 

• Upvote 1