Syrian immigrants

Egbert

Thanks Ant, that's certainly fed my "xenophobia"; and again it's down to Government agencies not doing their job; such places should be subjected to all relevant checks incl. visa/passport inspections;  mind you, the police may be preoccupied checking on smoking drivers !  :lol:

Thanks Ant, that's certainly fed my "xenophobia"; and again it's down to Government agencies not doing their job; such places should be subjected to all relevant checks 

Are you saying that they are outside the law and out of the reach of the Tax and Vat inspectors?  Have you anything but bigotry to base this accusation on?  Why would the government exclude car washes from conditions which ALL other businesses have to work under?  We both know the answer.  You made it up didn't you.

So ALL businesses, regardless of the nationality of their workforce are subject to the same vat and tax inspections.  Why did you feel the need to guess that these workers were immigrants?  What difference does it make to your anecdotal little ramble, not a jot.  

Errm nope; the question is ARE ALL buisinesses still subject to VAT/TAX and other inspections?  In the case of suspect migrants; are they subject to passport/visa checks, this would include houses in multiple occupation, habitation of garages etc.  And IF, illegal migrants are found, are they deported asap?

Errm nope; the question is ARE ALL buisinesses still subject to VAT/TAX and other inspections?  In the case of suspect migrants; are they subject to passport/visa checks, this would include houses in multiple occupation, habitation of garages etc.  And IF, illegal migrants are found, are they deported asap?

Now where on earth did you pull all that from?  You guess some workers may be immigrants because they were working hard and all of a sudden you are leaping to suspect migrants, passport checks, multiple occupation ( I do this), and searching for illegal immigrants.  What a leap of logic that was , not.    Fed the xenophobia though I suppose.

Errm nope; I'll invite anyone to check out these hand car wash venues, and tell me they are not migrants. As for the various "checks"; are they being done? We had a few cases on TV news, of raids on garages etc, but then no reports on outcomes - were they illegal migrants and if so, were they deported?

immigration is not illegal is  it?  nor is hiring an immigrant.  We all know there are illegal immigrants getting into the country, doesn't mean they were illegal or immigrants at the car wash you saw.  Not saying they weren't as that would be a guess and a bit stupid.

like you, I think illegal immigrants should be dealt with and retuned to their own country if it is safe for them to return there. If they claim asylum, as is there right, then there is a process in place to check the validity of their claim.  What I don't agree with is your constant negative, abusive and bigoted posts regarding refugees, and legal immigrants to this country.  You constantly try to tar them all with the same brush, you can't seem to see any difference, you even posted your nonsense about the car wash workers in a Syrian Immigrants thread.  

Errm, no I don't. and if you go back, I've been posting a warning about this crisis for the last decade; in which I've differentiated the various categories of migrant; from the EU (free movement of labour type), to the opportunist (and illegal) economic migrant, to the genuine (war fleeing) refugee, to the visa granted invited required skills type etc.  All require a different response, the problem is, there is little or no response, and attempts "to get a grip" are often compromised by HR appeals and ECHR legal rulings. EG. Three Libyan solders on a UK training mission, were convicted and imprisoned for molesting a local, having now got out of prison and faced with deportation, they have now appealed for asylum on the grounds they may be punished on their return to Libya. This is the kind of nonsense that has made any reasoned argument on the issue impossible, and why a majority of UK public opinion wants it stopped.  :rolleyes:

Don't we need to be providing proper, cards in full time jobs for our own population instead of zero hour preferred by employer options ,before saying we need workers from abroad who are often coming over to take up highly illegal,low paid ,untaxed work which is often on behalf of Tory gangmasters.

You do, of course, have evidence of the truth of this statement Davy?

Well we do know there are employment agencies that are geared up to find workers from European countries to fill jobs. We need to be getting our own people in work to reduce the welfare & benefit payments. We do know of various well documented reports of foreigners being brought in to do illegal work in the sex.farming & cockling industries.