Syrian immigrants

Egbert

Firstly, i think it is fair to say that Putin regards Syria as Russia's foothold in the middle east & Russia too is beset with the same terrorist problems as the west so common ground is probably a good idea.With regard to Assad maybe it could be a better idea to keep him in power to prevent another failed state emerging & let him manage the affairs of his own country. None of the other countries that the west has liberated has turned out to be any better than a hornets nest of different factions. Perhaps the west needs to learn that sometimes these countries are more comfortable with a brutal dictatorship than a fragmented society..plus the fact that most of these dictators have western leanings when it comes down to trade & political matters.

With regard to Assad maybe it could be a better idea to keep him in power to prevent another failed state emerging 

For the love of all thats holy, what the hell do you think Syria is now?  Utopia?  Do you even read what you post?

But I know whether Turkey is in the EU, Do you?  Too pathetic to accept you were wrong, clear for all to see yet unable to accept you made a mistake.  I suppose its sad really but I will save my pity for more deserving cases

:lol:  Nice one Dave, he's reverted to the usual juvenile response !    :lol:

As opposed to the mature and rational suggestion that Vladimir Putin is monitoring Warrington Worldwide's forum for good advice.  

FFS get a grip.  PMSL

• Downvote 1

Turkey aspires to be a member of the EU; it's currently a signatory to the 1951 UN convention, requiring neighbours to provide a safe haven for refugees. Iraq and Libya are a mess, because the West left a vacuum behind after killing the only people who were providing any semblance of stability; and instead of remaining to clear up the mess of factional and sectarian civil war, they bugged out. As far as I'm aware, Assad is the elected Leader of Syria; probably a tyrant to some and even a war criminal; but for now their Leader. It therefore follows that all opposition needs to be extinguished before any political or diplomatic progress can even be entertained. The Yanks are basically playing super-power chess at the moment, with the CIA supporting rebel insurgents; but that's now ended due to it's complete failure (a $500 million CIA programme btw). So as ever, someone's got to stop hand wringing, and get doing; and old Vlad (no doubt for Russia's interests); is getting on with it. Of course it has to be recognised, that it can't be done ultimately from the air, and that ground troops (preferably special forces) will need to be deployed; as the UK has already deployed them in Iraq; and very effective they've been too, against ISIS. btw: who's suggested Vlad's reading our forum? Certainly not me. But it appears common sense is more common than we thought !

So, is Turkey a member of the EU?  Its not a  trick question, and for a man of so many answers it must be a simple one.  Why can't you answer such a simple question?  Why do you go off on tangents?  Are you stupid or ignorant?  Its a yes or no, is Turkey in the EU?

:lol:  Obviously not, and I didn't say it was. But before you dive in, I've refered twice to the fact that they are signatories to the UN convention on refugees, requiring the provision of safe havens, where aid and assistance can be given, and documentation take place by UN agencies. In case you hadn't noticed, Turkey has it's own "terrorist" problem with the Kurds, so it beggers belief that they would allow undocumented travel by foreigners, within their borders; unless they have an ulterior motive.  :roll:

:lol:  Obviously not, and I didn't say it was.

Now that wasn't so hard was it?  Right so as you now admit that Turkey is NOT in the EU,  why would Turkey be expected to uphold a purely EU convention such as the Dublin Convention?  You do know that it doesn't apply to them don't you?

It seems Germany is now becoming selective with which immigrants it wants to allow in to the country, which is apparently reaching saturation point. Transit camps are likely to be set up along its borders to vet the candidates. I am sure if Britain started this method of selection it would be castigated as the bad man of Europe.

• 3 weeks later...

My solution for Syrian refugees . Stop the war!!!

Support Assad, yes the man is a bar steward, kills his own people etc, but when he had total power he kept s lid on jihadi's, Western democracy does not work for Muslim states, look at the mess the west has made in Libya and Iraq, those countries were better off with the dip sticks that ran them, than they are now. Let the Russians do the work. Stop supporting anti Assad forces, their are to many different anti Assad army's that will undoubtedly start fighting each other if Assad goes.

Better the Devil you know!

• Upvote 1

Assad has killed many times more Syrian civilians with his barrel bombs and shelling than IS have.  You don't have a solution you are just making a wild stab in the dark and it is a good thing your opinion carries no weight when it comes to decision making.