Syrian immigrants

Egbert

Well we do know there are employment agencies that are geared up to find workers from European countries to fill jobs. We need to be getting our own people in work to reduce the welfare & benefit payments. We do know of various well documented reports of foreigners being brought in to do illegal work in the sex.farming & cockling industries.

This is actually a very, very Tory type attitude. Oh! the irony.

Folk could be forgiven for being confused over the multi-sided civil war in Syria, who's a friend and who's a foe? But in the cynical world of global politics, nothing is black or white; merely shades of grey. The US & NATO are criticising Russia for targeting anti-Assad forces equipped and trained by the CIA. One CIA trained unit has already handed it's US arms to an Al Queda group. We of course remember that a certain Bin Laden was trained by the CIA to fight the Russians in Afghanistan - big mistake. Even Turkey is criticising the Russian intervention, as an attack on Assad's enemies; BUT didn't the Turks attack the Kurds, who are fighting ISIS. Meanwhile the Turks are now trying to pull an extortion scam on the EU, by using migrants as leverage for cash. So all in all an unholy mess; but when cleaning up a mess, you have to start somewhere; and it seems the Russian option of eliminating ALL rebel opposition to Assad, at least provides the possibility of a route to a political settlement and a semblance of stability.

Hold on, part of your wonderful solution for the Syrian refugee crisis involved the proper funding for refugee camps in Turkey but now you claim it is an extortion scam. Probably a good thing you aren't in any position to implement your solutions really. At least a rant on a forum has no effect on real life, probably just as well.

• Downvote 1

No probs funding the camps in Turkey; however a slight difference between funding the cost of the camps and funding Turkey. Turkey has failed to apply the Dublin convention, by allowing migrants to move on to Europe. As for the rest of the cack, I'm amazed, if you replicate your attitude on here, in the real world, that your still able to walk !  :twisted:

It is an unholy mess. Thing is pretending that you know how to put it all right is an absolute joke, especially if you are not even able to work out the 5p charge for a bag at the supermarket????????????

Ps if I was putting you right in real life it would be a lot stonger language than I am allowed to on here lol

lol: Did I say "I knew how to put it right"? NO. However, unlike you, I don't welcome the results of the mess. I merely raised some glaring anomalies in West's approach to complex saga. The Russians appear to be the only one's capable of providing some kind of solution ie: put Assad back in control to stabilise the situation; as the fragmented nature of the opposition will be incapable of achieving any semblance of stability. As for the nonsense about plastic bags; you can buy a large "plastic" bag for 6p; and if it rips, change it for a new one, or just use the old type one's from under the stairs - sorted ! PS: LOL.

Is that your pants on fire I can smell or bs?

Oh yes, I do have the solution, and it merely requires the vigorous application of international law by the EU: IE: NO economic migrant allowed into the EU, those found, deported asap; that gets rid of most of them. Genuine refugees to be returned to the camps in Turkey, Lebanon & Jordan; and that those camps be properly funded by the UN. In the meantime, agreement by the UN to eradicate ISIS once and for all; which means co-operating with the Russians to do so. If and when ISIS is eradicated, sensible talks on the future of Syria and Iraq, by the US & Russia. The bleeding hearts don't have a plan, as planning for the future isn't their forte; merely the emotion of the moment and the running around like headless chickens.

So here is you claiming to have the solution to the whole sorry mess.

and here you are admitting to being totally confused by the plastic bag charges.

Just visited one of a large S/Markets, and was given several small clear plastic bags, I checked that they weren't 5p each, and was told there was no charge. Although small, these bags are still plastic, so what's going on?  Pair of shoes the other day, shoe box placed in plastic bag - no charge; totally confusing.  :unsure:

1. A statement of how the migration problem could be tackled; since backed up by the agenda of the special EU interior ministers conference and a speech by the Home Secretary.   2. A totally confusing POLICY, if it is actually a policy, as it's ridden with inconsistencies; still, I and no doubt others will have found a solution that will save them being charged - so sorted. 3. Turkey's own security would depend on not having foreign migrants travelling through, without some form of border control or processing, so a matter of self interest; unless of course, they had some reason to pass these migrants on. Turkey is a signatory to the 1951 UN Convention on Refugees; and already has UN supported camps within it's borders.   :rolleyes:

1.  You claim "Oh yes I do have the solution"  then say you don't.

2. You are still confused then, it's simple pay 5p or don't have a bag, all the complicated stuff is down to the supermarket not the shopper.

3. How can Turkey be criticised for not implementing the Dublin convention when that is an EU ruling and Turkey is not in the EU.  Face it you were wrong by thinking the Dublin Convention applied to Turkey and no amount of waffle afterwards will change it.

BS

As other posters have said, you retreat into semantics to try to score points, when basically you haven't a clue on resolving most issues; just some juvenile notion of some coffee coloured world, straight off an old coke advert.  Thankfully the EU & UK Gov are beginning to belatedly wake up and hopefully implement the common sense views of most of their people. The only answer from the luvvies, is to bend over at Dover, and get rogered by events !  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Is this plastic bag thing an EU directive ? I believe there are some exceptions, such  as when the bag is used for fresh meat or carrying home a shop bought knife then the bag should not be charges for . I don't know if the 5p charge applies either if said bag is to be used for interrogation purposes.

Turkey is a signatory to the 1951 UN convention on refugees. I've offered solutions to the "unholy mess" of ever increasing migration, which thankfully, are shared by the EU interior ministers and our Home Secretary, who appear to have finally "got it". I've suggested a resolution to the Syrian mess, which thankfully the Russians are now in process of sorting. So you can go back to Dover and put your head back in the sand !

Turkey is a signatory to the 1951 UN convention on refugees. I've offered solutions to the "unholy mess" of ever increasing migration, which thankfully, are shared by the EU interior ministers and our Home Secretary, who appear to have finally "got it". I've suggested a resolution to the Syrian mess, which thankfully the Russians are now in process of sorting. So you can go back to Dover and put your head back in the sand !

Yep, dropping more bombs on Syria is going to stop Syrians leaving the country, especially the indiscriminate bombing by Assad and his pal Putin.  So you do claim to have the answers then.  

Errm; nope. Dropping more bombs and getting some quality troops on the ground, against ISIS and the rest of the rag tag rebels, will bring a quicker end to the war. Then, it's a matter for a political solution, and the rebuilding of the country AND the return of the refugees. Meanwhile, the majority of the exodus, who are not genuine refugees, not even Syrians; can be returned to their original homelands asap.

Errm; nope. Dropping more bombs and getting some quality troops on the ground, against ISIS and the rest of the rag tag rebels, will bring a quicker end to the war. Then, it's a matter for a political solution, and the rebuilding of the country AND the return of the refugees. Meanwhile, the majority of the exodus, who are not genuine refugees, not even Syrians; can be returned to their original homelands asap.

Ah just like Iraq?  Their country is being bombed left right and centre by a myriad of opposing factions yet you still refuse to accept the fleeing people as refugees.  How come you know the answer to such a complicated and difficult, some say impossible problem, yet you can't answer whether Turkey is an EU member or not? Is Turkey a member of the EU?