Warrington photos facebook group

Tracey Bennett

Just between you and me Demel' I did go and have a look and there are photos on there that I had not seen before and thanks for crediting me although I have always maintained that the photos that I placed on the net do not belong to me, I have amassed them over the years (quite a number from the internet) with the intention of displaying them for everyone to enjoy and download if they so wish.

So it is you who is cluttering up my facebook page with photo's of warrington. Just kidding it actually makes a change from requests to play candy crush and strangely enough there are some that i have not seen before.

Sid i think I have let myself in for a load of work, I'm amazed that so many people in Warrington were not aware of them, I thought that with them being on WW most folk would have seen them, it just goes to show how small our little community is!.

The photos that have been put on here have been excellent but only viewable to a small group, which I think is a bit of a shame when they can be enjoyed by so many more on FB. And with so many people contributing, there are usually plenty of others with more detailed knowledge or perhaps a family history that can add to the subject. 

I think Facebook and WWW are two very different communities each with their own appeal and it’s good to see people accepting this as a way to maybe move this forum forward.

Bill :)

That's strange, there's no secret way, you normally just type into the comment box and press enter!

I'm certainly the biggest duffer on FB and even after being there so long, I still cant work out how to do things.

I'll have a play and see if there's anything you may be missing.

Whenever you or anyone else has put something on there, there's a little text box after the last comment and thats where you put your comments. Or am I misunderstanding what your asking?

Another thing I noticed is that when I mouse over most others, there's a friend button but not on yours so maybe you've set your profile to be more private and that could be causing the issue ????

That's strange, there's no secret way, you normally just type into the comment box and press enter!

I'm certainly the biggest duffer on FB and even after being there so long, I still cant work out how to do things.

I'll have a play and see if there's anything you may be missing.

Whenever you or anyone else has put something on there, there's a little text box after the last comment and thats where you put your comments. Or am I misunderstanding what your asking?

Another thing I noticed is that when I mouse over most others, there's a friend button but not on yours so maybe you've set your profile to be more private and that could be causing the issue ????

That could be it Bill, I shall check my privacy settings.

Thanks.

Fantastic facebook link Tracey and there's some really interesting stuff on there  :)

You've certainly been a busy bee on there Algy.   Hey don't forget the History and Photo section on here though as they are my favourite place to be on here and is what keeps me going :(  :lol:

Now I don't really like facebook and only ever occasionally use it to keep in touch with close family/friends abroad etc and I get bored stiff of all the other things that constantly appear on my time-line 'thingy' and I have no idea why I get them... and I don't really know how to use it properly either.... but I do like that facebook page and I have some pics that I'd like to upload too sometime if I can find them. 

.....so question....If I decide to join the FB photo group will all the people in that group then be able to see my timeline and all my family photo's and chats with my friends/family etc ?

Ta :)

Fantastic facebook link Tracey and there's some really interesting stuff on there  :)

You've certainly been a busy bee on there Algy.   Hey don't forget the History and Photo section on here though as they are my favourite place to be on here and is what keeps me going :(  :lol:

Now I don't really like facebook and only ever occasionally use it to keep in touch with close family/friends abroad etc and I get bored stiff of all the other things that constantly appear on my time-line 'thingy' and I have no idea why I get them... and I don't really know how to use it properly either.... but I do like that facebook page and I have some pics that I'd like to upload too sometime if I can find them. 

.....so question....If I decide to join the FB photo group will all the people in that group then be able to see my timeline and all my family photo's and chats with my friends/family etc ?

Ta :)

Dizz, theres no way I would desert you tuppence, it's our Trace that put me up to it, but you know how long it takes to display the photos. There is no way I could survive long term on FB it's to manic for me, like you I have an account basically to keep in touch with family and see their photos when they are away, regarding privacy you can set your privacy setting to friends and family which I think prevents others from seeing what is going on?.

I'd have emailed you every hour every day between 9am and midnight if you had disappeared from here Algy :lol:  :P  

Anyway I think I've sussed it now as I googled and there's also a clever little link you can press in FB to see how any others actually see your facebook timeline and my privicy settings seem to be ok :) 

I can't see any of personal stuff if I click on your name Algy so your secrets are safe too... but Bill might want to check his settings as I can see quite a bit of his timeline and photos simply by being logged into FB...... nice spotty legs by the way Bill :lol:   

Anyway too much time on FB and thinking for me for now as I've got brain freeze and a headache now but great looking at all the pics and reading peoples comments and memories. 

PS You have some question's you've not answered yet, one's about Dolmans Lane :wink:   

I'd have emailed you every hour every day between 9am and midnight if you had disappeared from here Algy :lol:  :P  

Anyway I think I've sussed it now as I googled and there's also a clever little link you can press in FB to see how any others actually see your facebook timeline and my privicy settings seem to be ok :)

I can't see any of personal stuff if I click on your name Algy so your secrets are safe too... but Bill might want to check his settings as I can see quite a bit of his timeline and photos simply by being logged into FB...... nice spotty legs by the way Bill :lol:   

Anyway too much time on FB and thinking for me for now as I've got brain freeze and a headache now but great looking at all the pics and reading peoples comments and memories. 

PS You have some question's you've not answered yet, one's about Dolmans Lane :wink:   

Some questions I haven't answered, there's that many I could do with a secretary, how's your short hand Dizz. :D:wink:

.......  how's your short hand Dizz. :D:wink:

Probably better and a lot less confusing and boring than my long hand Algy :lol:  

I actually did pitman shorthand at school and I got some certificates in it too.  Until you said that I'd actually completely forgotten that I had ever done it although I do now seem to remember squiggles and dots being in it... certainly can't remember anything else more technical about it though.   Oooh that's bad  !

But  as usual you have stirred a long forgotten memory of the past Algy as I also now remember my mum trying her best to make it stick in my head.  To her it was a natural 'language' to me it was odd but it must have lasted long enough for me to at least pass my exam... so thanks for the nice memory reminder :)   

I love facebook but when you have friends and family living a distance away it's invaluable. Your privacy settings are tighter than a gnat's whatnot Algy, I tried to send you a friend request and couldn't even do that!

The page has been around for a while. It used to be popular then changed to the new fb group format but it's not very good for a photo site as only the page owner can post in the main part. As a result it all died down. Someone seems to have resurrected the old format page and now it's buzzing again. I suspect the novelty's keeping it going at the moment and it'll calm down again in a couple of days. 

I've never tired of watching that footage RC.  It's fantastic isn't it and each time I watch them I spot something new.

Part 2 is here if you've not seen it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKp-f8vohik

Hey Algy make sure you watch part 1 & 2  too as they are great :wink::lol: 

Good link RC and I recognised that chap immediately I saw him.   I remember him and his wife Josie, lovely couple, on the curtain and bedding stall in the market.   I wonder if they are still there as I've not been in that bit for a long time and I seem to remember that they had been there for years and also traded in the old market too before it moved to the current one.