Warrington photos facebook group

Tracey Bennett

Are you in the wrong topic RC?  This ones about the Warrington photo facebook page (old photos of Warrington etc) hence the title and previous comments :wink:  :lol:

I was going to move it to your Philomena topic so others who aren't into photos or FB would see it but figured you would only tell me off for trying to be helpful ha ha   8)

I love facebook but when you have friends and family living a distance away it's invaluable. Your privacy settings are tighter than a gnat's whatnot Algy, I tried to send you a friend request and couldn't even do that!

The page has been around for a while. It used to be popular then changed to the new fb group format but it's not very good for a photo site as only the page owner can post in the main part. As a result it all died down. Someone seems to have resurrected the old format page and now it's buzzing again. I suspect the novelty's keeping it going at the moment and it'll calm down again in a couple of days. 

Tracey, on the FB page there's an Albums section.  Do uploaded pics then somehow magically appear in the categorised 'Albums' over time or if you have an pic that falls into one of the existing Album categories are you supposed to upload it to there in the first place somehow ?

Only asking as like I've said before me and facebook are not fully compatible :lol:  

Thanks Tracey

If you add them to an existing Album do they still appear on the 'timeline wall thing' too so people can see them there  ?

Sorry for all the questions. 

Saying that I can't find most of my old pics or anything else for that matter now as I transferred them onto an external hard drive when my old pc was dying a death and I now seem to have many 1000's of photos, documents, files and folders all with the same date and folders muddled up within folders.  No idea how that happened so I may be some time.  I guess it will keep me quiet though  :lol:

Thanks Tracey, it's all starting to make more sense now. 

That 'bump' comment now explains why, when I've sometimes looked, I've thought there was nothing new on there as I was seeing the same pictures at the top of the timeline/profile(whatever it's called) but then having scrolled down I sometimes saw other stuff that I'd not see last time.  

As for my documents, well on the plus side having to manually go through every folder, sub folder, sub sub folder etc  going back years it is rather nice as I've come loads of things I'd completely forgotten about so it's like a big memory booster :)