Has Ken lost it?

observer

Obs, after watching an interview tonight I don't think he knows what he's on about!. Seemingly he's on his way to New Zealand to appear in a play and I bet the Corrie producers are very pleased to distance themselves from him at the moment, probably saves them the embarressment of suspending him.

As an ex Spiritualist I am fully aware of what he was saying but I have never held any belief in reincarnation and cannot have any empathy with him regarding his theory that the rape and abuse of young children is atonement for wrongs they have committed in previous lives. Perhaps in his old age Roach (alias  Barlow) is begining to show signs of dementia but should have kept his theories to himself instead of opening himself up to scorn and ridicule.

Some people seem to have no censorship cells in their heads, he may well believe what he is saying but as has been pointed out he should have thought long and hard before voicing that thought. Self censorship is probably the hardest form that can be practised, even more so in our PC orientated world for those that were brought up prior to it.

I know that I struggle daily not to come out with phrases that were in common usage when I were a lad but are now not only frowned upon but can lead to criminal prosecution.

Like cleo I am also and ex spiritualist, had the crystal ball and everything but could not see any future in it so gave it up.

These days I have a much simpler view of the world, but I am due to get my eyes tested soon. A racist is somebody who runs races, never having run a race since junior School I do not consider myself one. A spiritualist is one who never drinks beer only shorts. But alas an idiot is still and idiot,no matter how clever they are. Dementia well you can forget about that most of the time.

• Upvote 2

The last i heard about Bill Roach was that he was romantically involved with a very attractive itv weather presenter a few decades younger than himself ...may be an attack of the romantic vapours has sent him completely off his shopping trolley !