Has Ken lost it?

observer

I'll be interested in just how 40yo allegations, lacking witnesses or concrete evidence (DNA etc), will pan out in court?

Isn't there a statute of limitation, whereby a charge cannot be filed after a certain period of time, or am I thinking  of something else ?

Isn't there a statute of limitation, whereby a charge cannot be filed after a certain period of time, or am I thinking  of something else ?

I think you're confusing our legal system with the US.

Stuart Hall has just admitted indecently assaulting girls as young as nine between 1967 and 1985 . I see no problem with prosecuting such people just because they got away with it at the time.

For any other individual that is out there and is guilty of such acts I hope that, at the very least, such publicised cases,cause them the distress at the possibility that they might still get the knock on the door.

Not sure Boris, but perhaps there should be. Be interesting to know just how much of our Police resources are being invested in all this?

Obs, I can't believe you said that, if you commit any serious crime there is no way on gods earth that you should not receive some form of retribution while there is a breath in your body!.

I think you're confusing our legal system with the US.

Stuart Hall has just admitted indecently assaulting girls as young as nine between 1967 and 1985 . I see no problem with prosecuting such people just because they got away with it at the time.

For any other individual that is out there and is guilty of such acts I hope that, at the very least, such publicised cases,cause them the distress at the possibility that they might still get the knock on the door.

Stuart Hall admitted indecently assaulting young girls? I haven't read that anywhere. The last I read about Stuart Hall he was vehemently denying the charge.

Perhaps, but not so much if the allegations are 40 yrs old and a successful prosecution doubtfull.

I don't think they actually proceed unless they believe there is a reasonable chance of achieving a conviction.

Do you have a sliding scale in mind - for example how long after someone has raped a baby should they not bother to prosecute ?

Well, if the PPS don't believe they could have a successful prosecution it would seem a waste of time and effort. However, what is happening is, that anonymous allegations are being made, but the accused doesn't receive any anonymity and thus suffer ruined reputations whether guilty or not - sounds a bit like a Star Chamber scenario to me.

Well, if the PPS don't believe they could have a successful prosecution it would seem a waste of time and effort. However, what is happening is, that anonymous allegations are being made, but the accused doesn't receive any anonymity and thus suffer ruined reputations whether guilty or not - sounds a bit like a Star Chamber scenario to me.

Totally irrelevant compared to your wish to let off sex offenders if they are not caught after a few years

How do you know they are "sex offenders"?  Thought the principle you subscribe to, is innocent till proven guilty?

Fair enough - you don't want to see alleged sex offenders , including those accused of child sexual assault and rape brought before the courts.  Is that more accurate?

Obs I believe anyone accused of crimes that involve sexualy interfering with young persons, male or female requires to be investigated, for all parties concerned and I think if it had been a daughter or son of yours you would have a totally different outlook on the subject.

Ken Barlow aka William Roache :wink: hasn't lost it yet, but Stuart Hall has most definitely lost it!. 81 years old and could be spending a spell at HMP. I would imagine he will be on suicide watch before they take him down.

Not so sure about Stuart Hall, he is claiming that he has a heart condition and only 2 years to live. Could be true, but may be after a sympathetic verdict. 

just like the Lockerbie Bomber.... only a few weeks to live they said.... he lasted long into the revolution and may even be still going!!

don't do sympathy!!