Lymm School uniform poll

Gary

Should Lymm High School have a new uniform?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lymm High School have a new uniform?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered either way

A decision has been reached and the full facts will be reported as our lead story at 7am tomorrow.

I presume the school has already informed the parents about the decision :shock:

No disrespect to you Gary but if they've not parents shouldn't have to read the facts/decision in the press first :?

I'm sure that's not the case so appologies for just being my usual self :D:wink::roll::roll::wink:

I have 2 children in LHS and we have not been informed of the decision, but whay does this not surprise me? I guess the new school motto should be 'working against parents and pupils to achieve what we want'

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get it straight. There is a difference between a kilt and a plaid skirt!

Looks like a kilt to me... although it is starting to grow on me.

If you take away the horrid red piped blazer (easily stuffed in your school bag on the way home) along with the usual removal of ties and non compulsaty jumpers it could actually become trendy when worn with just the white school blouse :wink:

Similar removal of blazer, jumper and tie will make the boys completely 'unmarked' :wink:

Anyway at least it's being phased in now so all the newbies will have it from day one and the others won't have to worry about it :D

Not all young teenaged girls are skinny, there are a few with "womanly" proportions. A kilt on big hips just enhances the size, especially with a large tartan. Poor girls.

Do we know what material the kilts are made from? Tartan needs to be wool in order not to look "tacky", and the proposed design looks tacky enough, and wool skirts aren't so easy to launder.

Bring back Common Sense and an understated uniform. The whole change/consultation/decision making is ridiculous, divisive and detrimental to a very, very good school. It's also making the school, and the new Head, a laughing stock.

One of the parents has set up a web site - http://lymmhighschoolchanges.squarespace.com/ to discuss ALL of the proposed changes at Lymm High School as well as to voice concerns or support for the governors and school head. The site is not moderated (until afterwards in the case of obsene language or personal insults) and you do not have to register or get validated to post comments. the aim is that if a lot of the parents and pupils post enough comments we will have a complete and hopefully unbiased view in order to take further action.

Please post your comments - parents and pupils (there's a separate forum for each) and encourage anyone you know to do so as well!

Site should be available on google search later today - please let me know if you have any problems posting.

Just can't believe all this fuss about school uniforms. If the school has a dress code then pupils and parents should abide by it. The head is there to manage, if you don't like it take your little darlings out of the school and put them somewhere else.

It seems that every decision has to be contested, reviewed, discussed or consulted on :x

Roll on September when all the new starters in their fresh new uniforms get lifts to school, hopefully in Pink Taxis :wink: then we will have a thread worth posting on. :roll::roll::wink:

Why is it all getting so personal and nasty on here? Is there something wrong with pubs in Thelwall and are all parents with a view badly dressed? Surely we are all entitled to air a view without fear of being verbally attacked on a public forum.

Personally I live in grappenhall and we have some lovely pubs here too!

Why is it all getting so personal and nasty on here? Is there something wrong with pubs in Thelwall and are all parents with a view badly dressed? Surely we are all entitled to air a view without fear of being verbally attacked on a public forum.

Personally I live in grappenhall and we have some lovely pubs here too!

While some of the regular natives appear a little unfriendly they just enjoy winding people up.

If you don't bite they can't feed! :wink:

Just can't believe all this fuss about school uniforms. If the school has a dress code then pupils and parents should abide by it. The head is there to manage, if you don't like it take your little darlings out of the school and put them somewhere else.

It seems that every decision has to be contested, reviewed, discussed or consulted on :x

Roll on September when all the new starters in their fresh new uniforms get lifts to school, hopefully in Pink Taxis :wink: then we will have a thread worth posting on. :roll::roll::wink:

It's about the new Head not knowing which backsides need kissing in order to keep the peace. The last Head was very good at that, as well as the actual job requirements. Miss Walsh is still learning.

If you really want the inside view of our militant sector, then here's a different example. Some time ago, a Lymm primary school sent the top class swimming at LHS each week. Parents were asked for 50p a week. These "rights activists", without talking to the other parents, bombarded the Head, refusing to pay, threatening to sue if their child was left out, screaming and ranting. They got their way. Letters went out to parents saying that it was unfair for some to pay and others not, so no swimming money was required. Then it was discovered the money was matched from school funds and paid for the coach. So now 50 kids walk a good half mile back to school, cold and tired, with wet hair, no matter what the weather. What a victory for parental rights eh?

I see the Lymm High School Action Group has resorted to holding its protest meeting in a Thelwall pub. Is this because they were not prepared to conform to the dress code at Lymm pubs?

As they claim to be the majority of some 2000 pupils plus nearly 4000 parents and carers, I'm astonished they fit into the Little Manor - you'd think they'd at least need a Large Manor, if not a marquee in a field and a PA system, wouldn't you? :lol:

Possibly, but looking on the brighter side, at least it gets people talking to one another and the beers not too bad in there either.

Bill :)

Tell you what Bill, the meeting is 7.30pm Monday next, so you pop along and offer a reasonable and balanced point of view to the gathering, as an outsider with no bias. Then after you get out of hospital, I'll buy you a beer and you can tell me how it went! :lol:

I thought all the issues had been resolved now in any case or at least that's the way I read it from the other days newspage. If it's the case that people are still unhappy with the outcome then that's entirley up to them but the last place you'd find me is with a roomfull of hot heads on a hot day.

The beer may be good but not that good! :lol:

I thought all the issues had been resolved now in any case or at least that's the way I read it from the other days newspage. If it's the case that people are still unhappy with the outcome then that's entirley up to them but the last place you'd find me is with a roomfull of hot heads on a hot day.

The beer may be good but not that good! :lol:

I don't think all issues have been resolved - I have just reported both sides of the story now! :roll:

I get the impression this uniform issue is split right down the middle with half in favour and half against - perhaps I should have the casting vote! :lol:

I'm probably going to offend everyone here..... :shock:

But on Gary's online poll about the new school uniform there are only 21 votes 'for' a new one, 25 'against' a new one and 5 who 'don't care' :? Thats a grand total of 51 people some of which probably don't even have children at Lymm so it's just personal opinion and general forum discussion.

Is it really still such a big issue now that it is being phased in slowly although I can fully understand the frustration some feel regards the lack of consultation etc :oops:

As for the other issues that are being mentioned..... I'm sure they will be resolved in a much better way with proper consultations and sensible discussions where all views are taken into consideration to avoid even more upset and turmoil for the school.

What is becoming clear though is there is a definate problem erupting somewhere and such animosity between grown ups often rubs off onto the kids :shock::cry: