Our shameful town!

Gary

SKY News have done a good job on portraying our lovely town centre.

Do you recognise any of the mindless morons who think it is funny to pose for the cameras while people lie injured in the street.

I am convinced Warrington is no different than any other town or city of similar size and the problems fuelled by alcohol are a national issue.

Half the people in the film you can see are under age - lock them up and their parents!CLICK HERE

Even if it is Nationwide, it does NOT make it OK.

I sit here in an office 24 where there is only about two of us that actually live in Warrington, everyone else lives out of area, and they are all going on and on about it now as I type, I'm embarressed to live here in this town when I'm sat here, no matter what great things may get achieved in this town this kind of thing just spoils it. No one here would go out at night in Warrington, including me, due to what they've experienced or friends have experienced and although they mention things happening in thier own towns it is not on such a great scale.

I know that Warrington apparently has alot of pubs, clubs etc that attract outsiders :confused: and there are lots of contributing factors but at the end of the day whatever the reason its a nightmare and its been out of hand and for too long and not delt with for too long and this is what we've ended up with!

Classy it is not.

[ 29.01.2008, 13:41: Message edited by: Tilly ]

Ban anyone under the age of 18 from the town centre after 11pm and exclude anyone who gets too drunk to walk in a straight line.

Most of the incidents I hear about relate to fights over taxi queues - so perhaps this is an area which needs addressing.

If someone wants a taxi make them book one rather than having disorderly queues.

That would be a good start.

As Tilly says, if it is a nationwide problem, we shouldn't look at it like that. It's all too easy to say that it happens everywhere else.

WE should be worrying about Warrington and all good citizens should be playing their part in improving the "status quo", no matter what it takes.

:x

[ 29.01.2008, 13:57: Message edited by: Peter ]

My son knocks about with a gang of mates and often goes to clubs in Warrington, Widnes, St Helens, Liverpool and Manchester, while all these towns/cities can't be compared like for like he does say that Warrington is by far the worst. He doesn't think the 24 hour drinking has made it any worse as it's been that way for years; it's just that because of recent events it is now more in the public eye. I'm not sure what the answer is but I do know from having a friend in the Police force that other towns suffer from lack of policing most weekends as all available personnel are draughted or is it drafted? into Warrington town centre. :roll:

[ 29.01.2008, 15:07: Message edited by: Fred the Red ]

I used to go out into town in my younger days, get hammered and get home safe. never felt the need to fight ever or even get agressive. Saw others get involved and mate of mine had seven shades beaten out of him, but to blame alcohol alone is an easy way out.

Got to be punishment to deter - currently there isnt.

The one over riding fact in all the above words is the fact that we cannot do anything to these idiots because they have too many rights. As observer put it, the Toga wearers now have the upper edge in every walk of life and dictate to the rest of us in society how we should treat our criminals.... and this usually involves kid gloves.

We need to sort out proper punishments including as has been said; the back of a van solution. However I would take it further and say into the back of a van, straight to the magistrates court; regardless of the time, and straight into detention for a minimum of 3 months. Tough if you lose your job, tough if you lose your house.... proper punishment. We have enough CCTV in the town to be able to offer the evidence and the building that this is stored in is manned 24/7 also so it is easily obtained.

If we want to "reclaim the streets" we need to be tough and be seen to be tough.

A proportion of the drunks were too young to be drinking legally so shut down the bars/clubs who are selling to them and to those who are obviously drunk. If most of the arguments are about taxis then take away the taxis and let the gobbins walk.

But the main problem is lack of punishment, bang them up and forget about them for a couple of days. A cell and a bucket will suffice.

Originally posted by Agamemnon:

Raise the drinking age to 25 - very unlikely

Bring back the birch - definitely not going to happen

Close all off licenses - definitely not going to happen

Outdoor sales at pubs only (like it used to be ) - very unlikely

All pubs/clubs to close at 11pm. - no chance

24 hour courts - possible

Instant boot camp for offenders - possible

Try the above for a trial 6 month period.

Serious problems demand serious measures.

[ 30.01.2008, 08:22: Message edited by: wolfie ]

These burberry wearing chavs who at 16 think they can deal with the adult world by punching anyone who complains about the chip and attitude they have; should be given a gun, a helmet a kevlar jacket and dropped into a no-go zone in iraq.

if they make it by to the safety of UK soil Im sure they would be back with respect for the life our fathers have so generously fought to get for us.

problem solved

Everyone with a brain can see the problem and most people have a dam good idea of the cure. The only problem is getting those that have been elected to come down to earth and do it.

I fear they will not do that and the public are going to take control of the situation and start giving out some local punishment and these kids will get very hurt. We do not want that kind of public disorder on the streets but when the warmer weather gets here there is going to be big trouble.

Originally posted by Agamemnon:

You cant dismiss things just like that Wolfie. Thats to negative :( like Obsy says " anything is possible " and it can happen if the people want it to ! :D

Just as you have people who want it to happen you have many who don't. Imagine the kick back from the human rights brigade at the thought of bringing back the birch :roll: