Our shameful town!

Gary

National service for anyone who reaches the age of 17 and is not in full time education - or part time education with proof of a job. Two years national service would teach these young people with no respect what they need to know and how they need to act and treat other people. Generally those in education are occupied and while able to enjoy themselves of an evening..they have a bit more upstairs and probably unlikely to risk what freedom they have if the army was the option if dropping out. The simple message being - when at school dont mess about or its the army for you....like it or not. That message would rattle a few cages i bet.

Its a simple idea which does effect certain rights. But it still gives a choice to the individual.Be a drop out and you wont walk the streets beating people up and getting drunk. You will be supporting your country either at home or abroad. Get educated and make yourself into an honest decent hard working person - just like all those who currently suffer because of the torment from these street rats that plague our estates causing mindless suffering and grief.

I think its the only answer and it would give an instant change to what even police describe as the norm.Its a sad day when you risk your life reprimanding young kids in your own street to the extent they kill you and its described as the norm. A sad day indeed - but such times do not have to exist if certain suggestions are taken on. Alternative is self protection. There would be an outcry again if gangs were hunted down and eliminated by those who feel the need to protect themselves.Or would there?

Well I did not go on to further education, yet I'm a lot smarter than most people who did...maybe I was so clever I just didn?t need it... and have respected the law and peoples rights to live a life without fear of violence and ASB without any military intervention.

so can we call for a blanket rule for all kids...I don?t think so, those heading that way start showing their lack of respect for civilisation early enough so that we can specifically send the troublemakers to boot camp.

However... Since now the Newall family made calls for the death penalty to be re-introduced, as has the families of some of the Steve Wright murder victims, is it now time to bring it back for murderers ??

I think so, and I think most public opinion is that way inclined...is anyone against ??

Correct Ed; and thankfully in this case, the politicians are ahead of so-called public opinion in this instance; thus making their ivory tower usefull at times. :roll: One only has to view the number of cases over the last few decades, where sentences have been quashed as being unsafe, to know that had we still had capital punishment, a large number of innocent folk would have been judicialy murdered. :o

Well allowing everybody to buy battlefield weapons so they can play out their computer games fantasies in real life doesn't help keep the rate down. I'm not condoning capital punishment but some sort of deterrent is needed, that much is obvious. At least a lot of the indiscriminate killers in the US have the good grace to save the last bullet for themselves!! :wink::wink: