Helen Newlove

Eagle

If you are basing it on place of birth then how many Forum members aren't Warringtonians?

I'm one... but can't see why that's relevant :?

As for the original comment on this thread regarding Mrs Newlove becoming a 'Dame'....

Wether people 'agree with it or not' or think Mrs Newlove and her family 'has made a difference or not' (or can in the future).. without doubt she would much rather have her husband back and her daughters their dad back :cry:

I admire the way that Mrs Newlove and her daughters have fought and campaigned to hopefully MAKE a difference and all the other work they have done.

Before people start criticising or throwing stones then maybe we/they should all stop for a minute and ask themselves what they would have done if faced with the same terrible and needless loss of a loved one :cry:

Good luck and thank you Mrs Newlove if you are reading :D

If you are basing it on place of birth then how many Forum members aren't Warringtonians?

Before people start criticising or throwing stones then maybe we/they should all stop for a minute and ask themselves what they would have done if faced with the same terrible and needless loss of a loved one

I just got on with my life and didn't even think about trying to make capital out of a tragic situation.

Some may disagree with me, but I have been there and it isn't nice but I wouldn't have dreamed of building peace centres or getting my name on the front pages of every newspaper in the country.

Each episode has its own tragic twists and turns; Mrs Newloves' was the fact that the murdering scum that killed her husband should have been locked up long before they had a chance to kill him.......mine was the fact that a life sentence meant 11 years after being sentenced, he was in an open prison and murdered someone else while on one of the many days out they are allowed. Maybe I should have banged on at the parole board who said that he wasn't a risk any longer...... maybe if I did, many others would have been saved what i went through with prisoners on parole comnmiting more offences.

Whatever the outcomes, I decided my best way was to shut up and go back to work because nothing changes things

Like I said Baz before throwing criticisim or comment 'most of us' should think what we would or might do in similar circumstances...

Thankfully though 'most of us' will never have to think beyond the 'well I would or wouldnt do' stage whilst the likes of you and your family, Mrs Newlove and her family, and many others too have to live with the actual reality.

I'm sorry and I really have no right to comment either way.

Dizzy,

you have every right to comment, I hold my views and always have. My views were exactly the same with regards to capital punishment, sentencing and justice long before what happened.....

All I can say is that for me, time has been a great healer. I was only 24 when I lost my wife and so had plenty of time to carry on and sort myself out..... Mrs Newlove was a lot older so maybe she has other ways of dealing with it.

Personally I wouldn't do what she and Mr Parry have done with regards to fame and fortune, but it seems that todays ways are a lot different to 1988!

She's NOT very popular around Padgate and Fearnhead.

Before the attack on her husband, she wanted nothing to do with the local activities in the area. This negativity is one of the reasons why the yobs get away with things. Collectively, a community can change the problems and behaviour of an area.

But as a community, we should work together to maintain reasonably decent standards of behaviour and support the police to sort out those who want to be outside of the boundariesTo do nothing but sit in one's little bubble, gives the yobs et al, carte blanche.

I have to say that the lady is not very well liked amongst the residents of Padgate/Fearnhead - irrespective of her personal tragedy the manner in which she has rundown and criticised a community where she lived for only a short time has done her little credit and as someone who has quite happily lived in the area since the mid-Sixties ( over 45 years ) I really struggle to recognise her vision of it as been blighted by gangs and crime ...

Still now she has come out as a Conservative politician maybe the kid gloves will come off somewhat .

Once again the Newlove story will be in the headlines and the more difficult it becomes for the community to move on .

One wonders when Tim Parry will get proper recognition for his endless work on Northern Ireland .