New Word Processor

Wingnut

I have MS Office 2003 Pro (bit out of date I guess) which has ms 'word', 'powerpoint', 'publisher', 'excel' and 'access' and I have always been able to do everything I've ever needed to do with it for home and business type use.

Personally I'd stick with MS Office as most people have it so there's never a problem sending/receiving and reading documents either.... but as I've never used anything else I may be talking a load of twaddle :oops::lol:

Same as me then Dizz, as I have 2003. You're right, it does do everything that I need. I'm probably trying to upgrade above my station. :D

That's interesting Byrdy and thanks, I think I might just get an add on to what I've already got just to satisfy my curiosity.

Just had a quick look around PC World. I think I've just stepped out of the ice age.

Thanks for both your thoughts though. They did help me to decide.

i have word 2000 installed on my machine at present. did have an up-to-date version of word but when my hard drive trashed itself i had to reload and did not have the office suite disc for the newer version.but had a copy of 2000. i have open office and it is good but there can be problems with some versions of office documents not translating over properly and the same with going from open office to ms office.

on the whole though it is a good alternative to ms office and of course the price is right. :twisted:

Eh not sure I understand what you mean ?

Is everything else showing full monitor screen size such as your widows backgroud and desktop, word documents and other internet sites etc?

...or is it just Warrington Worldwide you are having probs with?

How do I alter the Warrington Worldwide Homepage to suit the monitor? At the moment it is only displaying in the centre of the screen.

Many Thanks.

I think you'd have to twiddle in your browser settings. What are you using? On my vista/Explorer, there's a tab for "Page" top right and that adjusts my views. Any use? :?

if your monitor is set correctly so that your desktop shows full screen then it is your browser that need to be adjusted.

at the top right of the browser screen are three buttons a minus sign which means minimize. a square which if clicked should open the browser window to full screen and show a second square behind the first and an X which closes the browser down.

if your desktop is not filling the screen then you will have to check what resolution your pc is set at and alter it to suit.

right click anywhere on the desktop and select properties then settings you should then be able to adjust the resolution and colour quality.it should also tell you the monitor and what your graphics card is.

it will show something like acer monitor on nvidia geoforce fx5500

if it shows as a generic monitor you may have to install the appropriate drivers for the monitor.

Thanks men.

Desktop background, word documents etc all seem to be showing full size. I think it is just W-W that is not showing full size. I think what I am looking for is something called "Screen Resolution Size" I've done it in the past, but can't remember how.

I am using XP.

Been trying Office 7.

Updated and more features, but struggling with the unfarmiliarity of it. And there are less programmes on it.

The bigest problem is remembering what key I pressed to get where I am now. I'll probably end up swithing between Office 7 and the older 2003, and see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

for microsoft word

Click the Microsoft Office button icon then click 'Word Options'

Click 'Proofing'

clear the 'Check spelling as you type' box.

clear the 'Check grammar as you type' check box... which in ypur case might be a good thing to do too Wingy :lol:

you can still manually check your spellings when you've finished from the toolbar etc :wink:

Now this is weird... I have Office 2003 and use it all daily.

Just been into my computers 'System Info' area to check what system spec I have (which is something I never usually have to do but my mind was blank)....

and under the 'System Summary' it lists

Office 2003 Applications

AND

Office 2007 Applications

So any idea how access the Office 2007 suite of programmes as I didn't even know they were on here but they must be somewhere or they wouldn't be listed :oops:

Strange :shock:

Just typed a 1000 word document on this student pack. Clicked to Justify it and lost the lot. :cry: It's hard work.

It never happened like that on Word 2003. Unless I done a Dissy and hit the wrong key.

Go into Word and look at latest documents. On some machines they save them and give you the option to save or not.

Now this is weird... I have Office 2003 and use it all daily.

Just been into my computers 'System Info' area to check what system spec I have (which is something I never usually have to do but my mind was blank)....

and under the 'System Summary' it lists

Office 2003 Applications

AND

Office 2007 Applications

So any idea how access the Office 2007 suite of programmes as I didn't even know they were on here but they must be somewhere or they wouldn't be listed :oops:

Strange :shock:

Sometimes the basic 2007 is installed by the computer manufacturer along with other software. If you don't want it, it can be uninstalled leaving you just the 2003 version.