New Word Processor

Wingnut

Sometimes the basic 2007 is installed by the computer manufacturer along with other software. If you don't want it, it can be uninstalled leaving you just the 2003 version.

Paul.

Is there a way of finding out before I uninstall 2007 if I will be left with 2003 or not? I'd luv to get back to it.

Oddly enough L.P/ Asp, I always used to do that and save it to floppy disk. But since getting this new one, for some reason I hadn't bothered. I spent an hour on the floor looking for the floppy disk slot on the tower. Then realised these newer towers don't do floppy disk. :oops:

Designed by women, Wingy. They work better, can multi-task and are shapely BUT they have no ruddy use for a floppy! :twisted:

Sometimes the basic 2007 is installed by the computer manufacturer along with other software. If you don't want it, it can be uninstalled leaving you just the 2003 version.

Thanks for that Paul but I've searched everywhere on my PC and in all the program folders etc etc and can't find office 2007 applications anywhere even though they are listed on my Sytsem Spec.

It's definately not been installed by a "PC's manufacturer" as it's hasn't got one... as such :D:wink:

Doesn't really matter as I'm happy to continue using 2003 anyway... just bugging me that it says I also have 2007 somewhere.

Maybe it's just appeared so as to annoy me via a microsoft update at some stage :lol:

Being of a stubborn nature. I have battled on with this new windows program. I didn't like it at first because I thought it had no Publisher as part of it. And Word its self was so different to what I had been used to.

I now find that Publisher is part of the Word Document, drrrrr. Also after a lot of mistakes and lost work, I can even convert a 2007 Word document back to a 2003 Word Document. Don't ask me how just yet, as it is still all new money to me. :) Text Wrapping now looks like it should do in the 2003 format.

It is different, and hard work just yet. Although it is getting easier.

I can even convert a 2007 Word document back to a 2003 Word Document

Good job you have sussed that bit Wingy as according do my old and wrinlky dad he's been having problems opening documents that have been sent to him lately (he's got 2003)

Turns out that apprently the docs were created in 2007 and cant be opened when they are receive by anyone with an earlier version so the originator has to convert them back to 2003 and resend them.

That would be a pain in the ar*e for me as a lot of my stuff is sent via attached documents so I'd have to save in 2007 and/or 2003 depending on who I was sending them too :?

Too much hassle :lol:

I don't think the conversion works as simple as that Dissy.

I converted a 2007 document into 2003 tonight and sent it to a friend just to make sure he could recieve it. He got the e-mail but couldn't open the attachment after clicking the usual paper clip (logo).

I sent the same to my son, who was able to open it without any problems. My son said there is something that looks like a small piece of ripped paper (logo) on the task bar that needs to be clicked by who ever recieves the e-mail. I think that this is appart from the usual paper clip (logo) which you click to see the attatchment.

2007 is supposed to be compatible with other programs so should work anyway.

Hope this makes sense to you.

All sounds very long winded Wingy (Office I mean not you :lol: ). Like I said I've not got 2007 so not sure and haven't received any docs from any 2007 users myself yet.... thank goodness :lol:

Problem with new software upgrades is they are usually not designed to work seemlessly with 'backwards compatability' or other people may not bother upgrading :wink: Guess they are relying on the 2003 users eventually becoming more and more frustrated with 2007 users documents so they will eventually upgrade too.

Bit that confuses me though is why is 2007 only now being installed on new pc's as standard as it's now 2010 :lol::wink:

OBS... What on earth is a dolly mixture :lol::lol: