Is covid over?

Bill

Could well be Sid but the coughing is almost none stop and I’m sweating like a pig which are the two main symptoms of Covid. I’ve not lost my sense of smell or taste but neither has she. I’ve got a runny nose, she hasn’t. I looked again at the test strip this morning and there was a covid line visible after 12 hours, but it was extremely feint whereas hers was dark within a few minutes. Anyway, I’m playing it safe for a while, staying in, windows open and keeping my distance from her.

Bill 😊

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Could well be Sid but the coughing is almost none stop and I’m sweating like a pig which are the two main symptoms of Covid. I’ve not lost my sense of smell or taste but neither has she. I’ve got a runny nose, she hasn’t. I looked again at the test strip this morning and there was a covid line visible after 12 hours, but it was extremely feint whereas hers was dark within a few minutes. Anyway, I’m playing it safe for a while, staying in, windows open and keeping my distance from her.

Bill 😊

It sound as if you may well have it I am afraid. The latest data suggests that there is more infection early on in the nose than in the throat with Omicron and that you can be infectious without being positive on a LFT. If you send for a PCR Test it may well show positive. Anyway you are doing the right thing by isolating although I suspect that keeping your distance from Mrs Green is longer necessary. You will not re-infect her so so quickly.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bill said:

Bill 😊

Hi Bill, keep testing, I was feeling rough with your symptoms for two days before I tested positive.

• Upvote 1

It took several days but finally this morning a got a positive test result with the covid line appearing instantly rather than after a few minutes. Some say it’s no worse than a cold, but I’ve been right poorly with this while my wife just felt very tired with a bad cough. Last night I suddenly felt cold despite the room being warm, so I wrapped myself in a blanket and turned the heating up to max. The wife made me a cuppa soup, but I was shaking uncontrollably I couldn’t even hold the cup and this really scared me. A few hours later in bed the shakes had gone but I was soaking wet with sweat. Hopefully that was the peak of the virus because this morning my body feels a lot less achy.

Bill 😊

27 minutes ago, Latchford Locks said:

Lemon juice , sugar ,a splash of hot water and good sized shot of Whisky 

Repeat as necessary 

Whisky can be substituted for the hot water, sugar and lemon if you don't have them handy or don't fancy boiling the kettle.......:rolleyes:

it is odd bill how it affects different people. my next door neighbours both had it. he was fine apart from the odd sniffle, she was laid up really bad in bed for a week...🤢🤧🥶🥵

I’d try the whiskey if only I could swallow it. My throats like I’ve been eating broken glass and even a Lemsip is excruciating to try and get down. I’ve been living on yogurt for the last few days with a nose that’s pouring with snot and coughing up chesty phlegm. I’m short of breath, ache all over and my ears are buzzing like crazy. Other than that, I’m hunky-dory 😊

It’s possible I suppose that I’ve just got a bad cold on top of the virus but whatever, it’ll pass in time. The wife said that long term it can affect my organs which is odd because I don't even have a piano.  :)

Bill 😊

• Haha 2

bill i can sympathise with the snotty nose business.

I have overactive sinuses, which means i have those snotty noses everyday, in fact the only time i know that i have a cold is that the nose does not get as snotty.

It is something that all my family suffer with. When they say noses run in the family in ours they really do run.

Apart from the coughing up phlegm i would put the rest down to getting old.....👨‍🦯

19 hours ago, Bill said:

My throats like I’ve been eating broken glass and even a Lemsip is excruciating to try and get down. I’ve been living on yogurt for the last few days with a nose that’s pouring with snot and coughing up chesty phlegm. I’m short of breath, ache all over and my ears are buzzing like crazy. Other than that, I’m hunky-dory 😊

Bill 😊

Blimey Bill sounds as if your really going through the Mill at the moment 

Have you spoken to your GP to try and get some med's to relieve the symptoms ?

24 minutes ago, Latchford Locks said:

Blimey Bill sounds as if your really going through the Mill at the moment 

Have you spoken to your GP to try and get some med's to relieve the symptoms ?

I agree, that reaction sounds like you may need the new drugs they keep talking about which reduce inflammation. I agree with Latch that you should talk to someone as they are said to work best if taken at the start.

No need to worry, I reckon I’m past the worst of it. I’ve still got everything but my throats slightly easier today and I’ve just managed to eat some chicken broth and soft bread so feeling much better for that. Mrs Green is showing clear today as expected but it’ll be Wednesday before I can start checking. I’m normally reasonably healthy with nothing I know about that would give cause for concern so I’m confident that like most others this will pass with time and hopefully help build some better immunity.

I forgot to notify the NHS about my positive result but I'm not sure if they're still counting.

Bill 😊

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

No need to worry, I reckon I’m past the worst of it. I’ve still got everything but my throats slightly easier today and I’ve just managed to eat some chicken broth and soft bread so feeling much better for that. Mrs Green is showing clear today as expected but it’ll be Wednesday before I can start checking. I’m normally reasonably healthy with nothing I know about that would give cause for concern so I’m confident that like most others this will pass with time and hopefully help build some better immunity.

I forgot to notify the NHS about my positive result but I'm not sure if they're still counting.

Bill 😊

They are still counting. The seriousness is known to depend on genetic dispositions which normal people don't know they have.  I don't know the latest list and it is almost certainly nothing line what they told us before!

“genetic dispositionsThese are the cards we get dealt with at birth that determine to some extent how long we live and what ailments we’re likely to suffer. Looks like the wife and myself have been lucky enough to get dealt good hands in this regard.

One of the lads at work though wasn't so lucky and now after refusing the vaccines, at the age of 55 is virtually paralyzed due to several stokes and organ failures after being hospitalized with covid.

Bill 😊

Thanks for that Con. Don’t worry about me, I’m still showing positive and definitely not over it but getting a bit better every day. Fingers crossed and a following wind and I may even be good for pint on Friday.

Bill 😊

I don’t think it’s ever going to be fully over Sid but hopefully it’ll end up no worse than seasonal flu where the vulnerable and elderly can simply get an annual jab for some extra protection and masks will be a bit less common.

Just had a call from the Spire place at Stretton with a date (22 April) for the operation on my arm. All very quick bearing in mind we hear of people waiting for years for such operations. I'm not private btw, but I think there's some tie up here between them and the NHS.

Bill 😊

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I don’t think it’s ever going to be fully over Sid but hopefully it’ll end up no worse than seasonal flu where the vulnerable and elderly can simply get an annual jab for some extra protection and masks will be a bit less common.

Bill 😊

When I visit Sainsburys I would say 70% of folk still wear masks despite them not being obligatory anymore.(including me)😷

Which shows people are not confident yet despite Boris and his all clear approach.