Vaccine roll out -

Observer II

The point I was trying to make was that rather than this being just a random test from a member of the public, it turns out they were actually on the flight that authorities had already identified as being at issue.

It’s hard to believe that given the measures in place for anyone returning from Brazil and the extensive news coverage, that this person or anyone that knew about them didn’t know anything. Surely someone in the house must have watched the news at some point or the neighbours would have known they were isolating because they’d come back from a red zone.

Call me Mr Sceptical but I don’t think anyone is that stupid and there’s most likely a reason this person or his family didn’t come forward. I hope they investigate this properly.

The heat map, yes I'd already looked at that but it only runs up to January so there's no noticeable effects from the vaccinations. Edit correction it's in two month increments. Not the easiest way to display what I'm after and I doubt it would mean much to most people.

Bill 😊

Not sure your your right there Sid;  this hit the news after the hotel policy was supposedly introduced.  If I'm wrong, it just demonstrates, yet again, just how HMG has been behind the curve on this since it began.   And it's not over by a long chalk either;  with excitement and anticipation being created in all sorts of service providers, with folk booking holidays etc;, we still have areas of the country still with rising cases, and no doubt the school return should tip things over the edge, taking us back to square one, once again.   😷

The person lived in the UK and the hotels were not ready as most of us have already told you. You really should try reading the replies or get rid of that old telly. 😊

As regarding booking holidays now, that's mega risky because if they’re allowed to travel then can’t afford the hotel quarantine, the airlines won’t give any refunds because the flight itself hasn't been cancelled. 

Bill 😊

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

HD + Netflix etc.  😉

Just thinking ,this virus could be the inspiration for a Netflix rock opera with the main song being My Corona by the Knack. Even the errant Royals could be the stars of the show. The plot could take us from a karate Kid inspired wet market ,through Holby City to the vaccine emerging from a Dreaming Spire. The finale could be a worldwide peace initiative with Trump,Biden  ,Putin & who Flung Dung from Korea bedecked in saffron robes ,complete with finger cymbals.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Evil Sid said:

The hotel isolation came into force on Monday February 15th.

The people with the Brazilian variant  came back on the 10th of February, five days BEFORE the hotel isolation rule kicked in.

Been in all the papers and on the bbc website amongst others.

OK Sid - so HMG were 5 days behind the curve.  If we think back to beginning, they made a promising start, with all the evacuated Brits from Wuhan being taken to a quarantine hotel in the Wirral; however that soon dropped off, and arrivals were allowed to make their own way home, spreading as they go.    😷

In all honesty though ,these emerging variants are similar to the common cold virus which can provide any one of us with 3 or 4 colds a year ,from a sniffle to a full blown assault on our immune systems. There will be so many more variants emerging in the future that it will be impractical to isolate in every case & the whole policy of isolation will fizzle out as humanity begins to deal with the virus.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

OK Sid - so HMG were 5 days behind the curve.  If we think back to beginning, they made a promising start, with all the evacuated Brits from Wuhan being taken to a quarantine hotel in the Wirral; however that soon dropped off, and arrivals were allowed to make their own way home, spreading as they go.    😷

No, you blame the Government for everything, but when they gave notice about quarantine starting the relevant folks decided to come back and avoid it. Next you might argue that they shouldn't give notice and when people arrive back here they have to go into quarantine without notice and unable to pay, you would then complain about that. Fact is you just complain about the Government whatever they do, it is impossible for them to do anything right because they have to consider the public and you don't have to.

• Upvote 1