vaccine distribution ?

Observer II

Seems we've got local GPs and Councils sticking their oars into the programme -  a GPs group in London provided jabs to 80 illegal migrants who didn't qualify under the Gov plan; and a Local Council has included shots for Teachers.   Surely these people should be fined or more ?      😠    😷

I've told you a million times about exaggeration Obs.

An anecdote about the "Dam", I received the letter from the NHS on Friday to book my vaccination and did it on line (today at Bewsey). A friend of mine who lives in Salford is practically blind and 74. If he gets a letter he obviously can't read it (he's probably already had it but doesn't know), so I tried to book an appointment online for him. However the information I have for him (name and d.o.b) don't match what is in the system. I tried doing it by phoning 119 but they had the same problem. This morning I phoned his doctor's surgery and came upon the brick wall aka "the receptionist" who point blank refused to offer any assistance whatsoever. The poor bloke is stymied by the sainted NHS which is supposed to be there to help.

Finally entered their bunker the other day, after a 12 month abstention.   A temperature scan before entering, but the thermometer didn't work, so I got waved through.  Now a week's wait for a blood test, and another visit in a month -   just glad it's not an emergency.      😷

• Upvote 1

Just a little heads up for anyone that’s not had the jab yet. I’ve just come back from the general hospital where my wife had the jab and in total it took two hours from leaving home to getting back compared to just over 30 minutes at the HJ stadium. By far the biggest issue was the parking, which took half an hour just to find a place then a half mile hike to get to the outpatient’s department where they were giving the jabs.  If you have the choice, give the hospital a miss.

So did you not get your jab Obs?

Bill 😊

On 2/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, asperity said:

You would think that your GP's surgery would be the go to place for medical help, but in this case they actually said "it's nothing to do with us". Unbelieveable.

GP surgeries these days are very much no go areas.

Gone are the days of ringing the doctor if you are poorly.

See the source image

well i am in for my jab in morning.

what a palaver that was sorting that out.

firstly they sent a text with a link to click on to go to the appropriate webpage to go through the booking procedure. that was problem number 1. my phone is not a smart phone so could not use the link.

tried to on pc but computer say "no"

call doctors and after five times being cut off finally managed to speak to receptionist two sorted it out in two minutes.

result booked in at jubilee hub in morning at 08.50.

looks like my lie in will have to be postponed....😴

10 minutes ago, Evil Sid said:

firstly they sent a text with a link to click on to go to the appropriate webpage to go through the booking procedure. that was problem number 1. my phone is not a smart phone so could not use the link.

call doctors and after five times being cut off finally managed to speak to receptionist two sorted it out in two minutes.

You really need to upgrade your phone.. 

See the source image

I would have thought you’d have just gone over the road Sid. We were there today for something else but when they asked if she'd had the jab yet and she told them it was for tomorrow they told her they could squeeze her in to save coming back again.

I’d originally booked it online and there seemed to be plenty of availability at the hospital.

Bill 😊

1 hour ago, Evil Sid said:

I had that trouble with my neanderthal phone Sid. I forwarded  the text to Mrs Davy who has an i phone & everything was able to be done on her phone. It was like a crystal ball becoming clear.

why do i need to update my phone.

it is a dual sim and does what i need a phone to do, make phone calls.

Not many smart phones on the market are dual sim at the moment.

and seeing as i never go anywhere, having internet on a phone is pointless to me when i have a pc at home.

I was puzzled as to why i am being sent to the jubilee hub though. as bill pointed out i am about two minutes walk from the hospital and to get to the hub i have to pass the bewsey vaccination center and the haliwell jones vaccination center.

hopefully the after effects will be like having the flu jab a couple of days of feeling rough and an arm that feels like it has been kicked by a mule.

To be fair to the health service Sid they’ve got a lot of people to get through and just getting the invites out in an orderly fashion is hard enough without trying to find out where the nearest centre is. Your probably better off going to the bigger centre at Orford anyway as they’ve got more space and most likely to be a bit more organised than the hospital. Plus at the hospital nobody was turning up on time because of the parking mayhem. Both the wife and myself had the Pfizer jab and had no side effects what so ever aside from a bit of a sore arm for a couple of days that was only noticeable in bed.

On the phone side of things, if it needs to do an update just allow it as you would a Windows update on your PC but make sure it’s connected on Wi-Fi as some of the updates are large and would eat into any data allowance. All my phones are dual sim but only because I nick them from work, but I only use one sim now that I’m retired. I don’t use mine on the internet much, but they do come in handy if you are out and about especially as a camera or a free sat nav. If your stuck for a smart phone, I’ve got a pile of them here doing nothing but clutter my desk up and your very welcome to take your pick.

Bill 😊

mine is just a 2g dinosaur of a phone Bill. just about does text messages, camera is about as good as a box brownie but it does for me.

apart from the freezing cold wind it was quite painless having the jab. the hub is well set up to deal with the numbers on a production line basis.

six stations hardly any waiting and plenty of room in the "recovery" area. Only down side is that it is right round the back of the building and with this cold wind blowing it is horrible until you get inside.

You don’t have to use a phone; it takes contactless cards. It only costs 30p making it cheaper than most garages but you only get three minutes so make sure you take all the dust caps off first. On the plus side it’s stopped the queues. And Sid, i wasn't looking to sell the phones, just to offer you one to get you out of the stone age. :)

Bill 😊